What counts as "success"
I think it's a good idea to list the number of edits that have resulted from a place being proclaimed CotW, as has been done here, but two suggestions:
- If feasible, count edits of "children" as well as of the parent page. This is important to get a sense of process if the CotW is a huge city with districts or a region (or even country -- note that Uganda has been proposed), rather than an end-node destination.
- Also list number of different collaborators. If one or two people did all the editing, it's not clear that it's really much of a collaboration.
-- Bill-on-the-Hill 09:46, 6 April 2006 (EDT)
Does anyone know why Rio was CotW for 21 days? -- Andrew H. (Sapphire) 02:03, 5 December 2006 (EST)
- No, I asked the same question the other day but no answer, so just went ahead and fixed the dates and then changed it myself... BTW, is it administrators duties or can anyone do it who sees it needs doing? Cacahuate 02:10, 5 December 2006 (EST)
- P.S., i used the template thingy, but it's still showing Rio on the main page... Cacahuate 02:12, 5 December 2006 (EST)
- Anyone can do it, but usually Ravikiran or Jan does it. Both are busy at the moment so feel free to update it. I normally forget that we have a CotW so I don't bother with it.
- Regarding the project page displaying Rio as the CotW normally all you have to do is clear the cache. To do this you click "history" and in the URL change "history" to "purge" and hit enter. This will normally clear the cache. I did this, but if you still saw "Rio" then that's a little weird. I edited a MediaWiki namespace page so it will purge the entire site's cache and everyone should see the change within ten minutes. -- Andrew H. (Sapphire) 02:21, 5 December 2006 (EST)
Now we have quite a lot of PCoTW, is it worth splitting the archive into years? -- DanielC 13:18, 28 April 2007 (EDT)
- Yeah, that sounds good... – cacahuate talk 18:18, 28 April 2007 (EDT)
Guys, thanks so much for all of your imput on the Baku site this past week! I hope we can continue to improve the information on travel venues in Azerbaijan, Georgia, and Armenia. Thanks again! Cupcakecommander 23:45, 6 June 2007 (EDT)
- Yeah, it did pretty well! – cacahuate talk 00:59, 7 June 2007 (EDT)
We don't do the results anymore?
Globe-trotter 19:40, 29 November 2009 (EST)
- Please be my guest ;) --Peter Talk 11:07, 30 November 2009 (EST)