Wieliczka  is a town near Krakow in Lesser Poland Lowland in Poland.
It is known for its ancient salt mines , which are now a museum.
It is easily accessible from Krakow by car, bus or train (the trip from Krakow should take around 30 minutes).
- Wieliczka salt mine, ul. Daniłowicza 10, ☎ +48 12 278 73 75 ([email protected], fax: +48 12 278 73 80), . April - October: 7:30AM-7:30PM, November - March: 8AM-5PM. Visitors are not allowed to visit the salt mine alone, and must be with a tour guide. Individuals will only have to wait until a sizable group is put together (often around 35 persons) before they will be taken on a tour. English language tours are provided at the following times: June: 9AM, 10AM, 11:30AM, 12:30PM, 1:45PM, 3PM, 4PM, 5PM. July, August: 8:30AM-6PM (every half an hour). September: 9AM, 10AM, 11:30AM, 12:30PM, 1:45PM, 3PM, 4PM, 5PM. October - May: 10AM, 11AM, 11:30AM, 12:30PM, 1:45PM, 3PM, 4PM, 5PM. If you decide to take pictures, consider paying the fee and bringing a tripod due to the darkness of the mine. Admission: Single person with a non-Polish language guide: zł 54 - 79. An additional fee of zł 10 is required for anyone who takes photographs (not enforced except half-heartedly at the cathedral). edit
- Saltworks Museum , ul. Zamkowa 8. Museum is in the castle.
- MPK in Krakow  buses 304, 204, or 244 (or 904 at night).
- Regional Bus Station in Krakow 
- PKP 
- Transfers Krakow 
You can take the train to get to Wieliczka by going to the stop called "Wieliczka Rynek-Kop" (which stands for Rynek-Kopalnia (salt mine)). For example, if traveling from Warszawa Centralna, you'll have to transfer one station south of (past) Kraków Główny at a station called Kraków Płaszów. From there, you go about 6 or 7 stops to the very end of the line. After you get there, leave the train on the right side and walk about 200 yards towards a big metal thing sticking out of the mine.
By city bus, go to Wieliczka Kostiol station, not the very first one. Take a right from the stop, walk past the church, across the railroad, then left at a big street. Big signs on the street.
There are many shops and souvenir stands, many of which sell bags of salt from the mine.
There are several places to eat and drink around the salt mine and in the town centre.
- Pensjonat ULMA, ul. Reformacka 77, ☎ +48 12 288 12 17 ([email protected]), . Price per person (room with TV and no restroom/ room with TV and restroom): Single person: zł 45/60, Two persons: zł 35/45, Three or four persons: zł 30/40. edit
- Motel Górsko, ul. Górsko 6, ☎ +48 12 278-39-27 ([email protected], fax: +48 (0)12 278-39-27), . Price per rooms (Single and double rooms prices indicate rooms with a shared bathroom or private restroom, respectively): Single: zł 40/90, Double: zł 70/110, Triple: zł 140, Four person room: zł 170. edit
- Hotel Regis, ul. Czarnochowska 15 A, ☎ +48 12 289-52-50 (fax: +48 12 278-26-90), . zł 110 - 180. edit
- Na Wierzynka, ul. Wierzynka 9, ☎ +48 12 278 36 14 ([email protected], fax: +48-12 278 36 14), . Motel style accommodations with a sauna. Price per room: 1 person: zł 100, 2 person room: zł 120, 3 person room: zł 160, 4 person room: zł 180. edit
- Hotel Salin, ul. Kosciuszki 5, ☎ +48 12 288 24 78 ([email protected], fax: +48 12 288 24 78), . zł 140 - zł 360. edit
- Folwark Zalesie, Grajów 150 (About 10 km outside Wieliczka), ☎ +48 12 271 2893 ([email protected], fax: +48 12 271 3714), . edit