This article is a travel topic
Whale watching is a hobby that is enjoyed by millions of people around the world every year.
- Plettenberg Bay - Garden Route - South Africa
Plettenberg Bay is a stunning beach town surrounded by mountains, forest and Ocean.
Permitted boat based Ocean Safaris as well as landbased viewing of Whales, Dolphins, Seals and so much more is a must for any family member. Sightings include: Southern Right, Humpback, Brydes and occasionally Sei Whales and Orca's. Dolphins are also abundant which include Common Dolphins who love to swim alongside the Ocean Safaris boat as well as the playful Bottlenose and endangered Humpbacked dolphin. You will have a "seafari" of a lifetime..
- British Columbia - This province has a natural abundance of wildlife and there are many tour operators offering opportunities for guided trips, most of whom operate with a common sense and respect for the environment. Whale watching is popular off of the coast of Tofino where you are likely to see grey whales, humpback whales and sea lions. In addition to whales, grizzly bears and black bears may also be seen.
- Monterey Bay - Gray whales migrate from Alaska to Baja in the Spring and Fall. Blue whales, humpbacks, orcas and dolphins can be seen at other times of year.
- Dominican Republic - 100 miles north of this island nation is the Silver Bank where the largest concentration of humpback whales anywhere in the world gather each Spring. Pricey liveaboard charters can be arranged, allowing the amazing opportunity of snorkeling with the whales. Elsewhere on the islands whales may be seen on more typical day trips.
- Kaikoura - Depending on the season you may see migrating Humpback Whales, Pilot Whales, Blue Whales and Southern Right Whales, as well as Orca and the Hector's Dolphin (the world's smallest and rarest Dolphin).
|This travel topic is an outline and should either be merged into an appropriate parent topic or else developed further. It has a template, but there is not enough information present for it to be of real use. It was last edited on 2016-09-7 and will be merged or deleted if not modified for one year. Please plunge forward and rescue it!