West Gippsland is a region in Gippsland.
With a population of 12,943, Warragul is the main population and service centre of the West Gippsland region and the Shire of Baw Baw.
V/Line Victoria's country train service runs fast trains which stop at Warragul, Yarragon and Drouin.
The “Baw Baw Betty” shuttle connects Mt Baw Baw with V/Line trains from Warragul on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday (Tuesdays and Thursdays on request). Reservations are essential and must be booked and fully paid 24 hours prior to departure. Call 03 5165 1136.
- Mt Baw Baw. Baw Baw is a cheap and cheerful little ski resort that is suitable for the beginner/modest skier. It's a little more affordable than the more major resorts in Victoria (eg Hotham, Buller, Falls Creek). It also is a lot smaller and often goes most of the season without snow. Mt Baw Baw now has Australia's first and only BigAirBag - a variant on a fall cushion, used in the world of professional stunts, which is placed in front of a ski-jump so as to catch any fall from a jump.
- Wineries. West Gippsland has a few wineries that are worth visiting, such as Brandy Creek, Ada River and Wild Dog.
- Tooronga falls. Tooronga falls is a nice little location just out of Noojee that has camping facilities and a very nice little waterfall, with few walking circuits which are quite pleasant.
- Yarragon, . Promoting itself as a 'Colonial shopping village', Yarragon offers a range of gourmet delicacies, as well as interesting antique and craft shops. edit
- Noojee Trestle Bridge. Classified by the National Trust. From the bridge it is a short walk or bike ride along the trail back into Noojee. edit
- Ada Tree, 25 kms Northwest of Noojee, . Walk to the Ada Tree, a huge and ancient Mountain Ash, which is estimated to be over 300 years old. The tree stands 76 metres high and 15 metres in circumference and is one of Victoria’s tallest trees. 1.6 km from the Ada River Road car park. Picnic and toilet facilities available. edit
- Sunny Creek Organic Fruit and Berry Farm, 69 Tudor Road, CHILDERS 3824, ☎ +61 3 5634 7526, . During peak season: 8AM-6PM daily. Certified organically-grown berries, apples and chestnuts, freshly picked or pick-your-own. edit
- Piglets, 119 Main Road Neerim South, ☎ 03 5628 1155. From 8AM, 7 days. Everything home made on the premises using local produce where possible. edit
- Moose Head Lodge, Tanjil Bren, ☎ 03 9696 9690, . Lodge accommodation far from the crowds. $150 per double, off peak. edit
- Neerim Country Cottages, 2470 Main Neerim Road, Neerim (on the road to Mt Baw Baw), ☎ 03 56284451, . Family accommodation edit
- Toorongo River Chalets (Toorongo River Sanctuary), 105 Toorongo Valley Rd, Noojee, ☎ 0427 546 059, . edit
- Yarragon Motel, 119 Princes Highway Yarragon, ☎ (03) 5634 2655, . Three and a half star motel. Deluxe Queen size rooms from $75 all year round. edit