Welshpool  (Welsh: Y Trallwng) is a town in Montgomeryshire, Mid Wales.
Welshpool is at the cross-roads of the A483 (north/south) and the A458 (east/west). The A458 connects to the UK Motorway network at the M54 near Shrewsbury.
Welshpool is on the Shrewsbury to Aberystwyth line.
Light aircraft can use Mid Wales Airport, just to the south of the town.
The Montgomery Canal passes through the town. Currently, a few miles either side of the town are navigable, but restoration work continues on the rest of the canal.
- Powis Castle, (a short distance out of town on the Newtown road), . Medieval fortress turned grand manor house, now in the care of the National Trust. The castle has a large collection of important paintings and furniture, as well as numerous treasures from India in the Clive Museum. The extensive gardens look much as intended when they were laid out in the 1770s are an attraction in their own right. edit
- Welshpool and Llanfair Light Railway. This steam-hauled, narrow gauge railway links Welshpool with the village of Llanfair Caireinion, 8.5 miles away.
- The Offas Dyke Path national walking trail passes through the town. This is a long distance walking trail following the length of the England/Wales border from Prestatyn to Chepstow.
- The Old Station, Severn Road, Welshpool (Follow signs to the station from the town centre), ☎ 01938 556622 (fax: 01938 554288). When the railway line was moved to accommodate a new bypass road in the early 1990s, the historic station building was left redundant. Now it has been turned into a kind of mini department store, with gifts, clothes, woollens, golf equipment and a coffee shop and restaurant. edit
- Coed y Dinas, (About a mile out of town on the Newtown road), ☎ 01938 555545. Mon-Sat 8.30am-5.30pm; Sun 10am-4pm. Sprawling retail mecca in converted Victorian farm buildings. Garden Centre, equestrian store, pet shop, food hall, furniture outlet, kitchenware. Part of the same group as Cheap Charlies, whose shops in Aberystwyth and Newtown have been popular with local bargain hunters for years. edit