Wellingborough is a market town and borough in Northamptonshire, England, situated some 11 miles (18 km) from the county town of Northampton. The town is situated on the north side of the River Nene, most of the older town is sited on the flanks of the hills above the river's current flood plain. Due to frequent flooding by the River Nene, the town was mostly built above the current level of the flood plain.
Originally named "Wendelingburgh", the town was founded in the early 6th century Saxon period by a Saxon leader called Waendel and is mentioned in the Domesday Book under the name of "Wendelburie". The town was granted a royal market charter in 1201, by King John of England.
The town is twinned with Niort in France, and with Wittlich in Germany.
For a public transport planner click here: 
Wellingborough has a railway station on the Midland Main Line about a mile to the east of the town centre.
Live departures can be found here: :
Direct destinations served from Wellingborough include:
Bedford, Luton, Luton Airport Parkway and London St Pancras.
Kettering, Corby, Market Harborough, Leicester, Loughborough, Beeston and Nottingham
The main bus interchange is at Church Street in the town centre. A list of all bus stops in Wellingborough can be found here: 
Destinations served from Wellingborough include Rushden, Higham Ferrers, Kettering, Raunds, Finedon, Irthlingborough, Corby, Northampton and Peterborough.
National Express operates a service to London on a daily basis with intermediate stops including Northampton and Milton Keynes. Weekday services leave Church Street bus interchange at 7.20 am and arrive at Victoria Coach station at 10.50. Return journey leaves Victoria Coach station at 6pm and arrives at Church Street at 20.48. 
The main roads serving Wellingborough are the A509 and the A45.
The A509 serves as the western bypass to Wellingborough. Southbound it provides connections to Olney and Milton Keynes and Junction 14 of the M1 motorway. Northbound road is the easiest route from the south. Northbound it provides a connection to Kettering and the A14
The A45 provides an east-west route (or west west-east depending upon which way you are going). Eastbound connections include Rushden (including the Rushden Lakes shopping and leisure complex) , Oundle and Peterborough. Westbound connections include Northampton and a connection to the M1.
The nearest airports to Wellingborough are Birmingham, East Midlands  and London Luton .
The town is fairly compact so getting from one of the town to another is relatively straightforward. A network of buses serves the outer estates.
- Wellingborough Museum, 12 Castle Way, Wellingborough, NN8 1XB Open 10am to 4.30pm everyday except Sunday. 
- Irchester Narrow Gauge Railway Museum, Irchester Country Park, Irchester, Wellingborough, NN29 7DL. Opens on Sundays only 10am to 4pm. 
- Sywell Aviation Museum, Sywell Aerodrome, Wellingborough Road, Northampton, NN6 0BN. Opens on Tuesdays only 12 noon to 1pm. 
- Castle Theatre10 Castle Way, Wellingborough, NN8 1XA, 500 seat theatre - a variety of shows, musicals and films 
- Church of Hallows - Market Square, Wellingborough, NN8 4PA - Grade 1 listed building dating from around 1070 
- All Saints Church - Midland Road, Wellingborough, NN8 1HF - Grade 1 listed building 
Parks and Gardens
- Irchester Country Park []
- Lazer Maze - laser tag centre - 30 Church Street, Wellingborough, NN8 4PA 
- Hollywood Bowling - tenpin bowling - 15-17 Whitworth Way, Wellingborough, NN8 2EF 
- Waendel Leisure Centre - Thomas Street, Wellingborough, NN8 1DZ - swimming pool and gym 
- Redwell Leisure Centre - Barnwell Road, Wellingborough, NN8 5LP - gym 
- Weavers Leisure Centre - Weavers Road, Wellingboorugh, NN8 3JQ - 
- Bannatyne Health Club - Wallis Close, Wellingborough, NN8 6AG - 
- Town centre - for a shopping guide click here: 
- Swansgate Shopping Centre - indoor shopping centre including Wilkos, Clarks, Argos, The Works 
- Wellingborough Market - open air market located near All Hallows Church []
- Nene Court Shopping Village - located on the embankment about a mile south of the town centre 
- Morrisons 2-5 Oxford Street, Wellingborough, NN8 4JJ. (Opening hours 7am to 10pm Monday to Saturday, 10am to 4pm Sundays) 
- Aldi - Victoria Road, Wellingborough, NN8 1HH. (Opening hours 8am to 10pm Monday to Saturday, 10am to 4pm Sundays) 
- Iceland - Unit 20 Cheese Lane, Swansgate Centre, Wellingborough. (Opening hours 8am to 6pm Monday to Saturday, 10am to 4pm Sundays) 
Out of Town
- Lidl - London Road, Wellingborough, NN8 2DP. (Opening hours 8am to 10pm Monday to Saturday, 10am to 4pm Sundays) 
- M&S Simply Food - Castlefields Retail Park, 22 London Road, Wellingborough, NN8 2DP. Opening hours 8am to 8pm Monday to Saturday, 10am to 4pm Sundays) 
- Sainsburys - Northampton Road, Wellingborough, NN8 3GZ. (Opening hours Mon- Wed 7am to 9pm, Thu to Fri 7am - 10pm, Sat 7am to 9pm, Sun 10 am to 4pm) 
- Tesco Superstore - Victoria Park, Turnells Mill Lane, Wellingborough, NN8 2EF. (Mon 6am to 12 midnight, Tues to Fri 24 hours, Sat 6am to midnight, Sun 10am to 4pm) 
- Castello Lounge - 1-2 Market Street, Wellingborough, NN8 1AN 
- Niwan Restaurant - 31-33 Midland Road, Wellingborough, NN8 1HF
- Istanbul - 6 Cannon Street, Wellingborough, NN8 4DJ
- Yumeijin - 59 Oxford Street, Wellingborough, NN8 4JJ 
Town Centre Pubs
- The Red Well - 16 Silver Street, Wellingborough, NN8 1BD 
- Olde England - 13/14 Silver Street, Wellingborough, NN8 1AY
- The Gloucester - 19-25 Church Street, Wellingborough, NN8 4PF
- The Coach and Horses - 17 Oxford Street, Wellingborough, NN8 4HT 
- Fiddlers Elbow - 13 Church Street, Wellingborough, NN8 4PF
- The Old House - 29-30 Sheep Street, Wellingborough, NN8 1BS
- The Cannon - 71 Cannon Street, Wellingborough, NN8 4DJ
- The Volunteer - 69 Midland Road, Wellingborough, NN8 1LU
- Hind Hotel - 38 Sheep Street, Wellingborough, NN8 1BY - Grade Two listed building in the town centre 
- ibis - Enstone Court, Wellingborough, NN8 2DR 
- Premier Inn - London Road, Wellingborough, NN8 2DP 
Discover Wellingborough - shopping and entertainment guide 
- Santa Pod Raceway, - drag racing track Airfield Way, Podington, Wellingborough, NN29 7XA 
- Wicksteed Park - theme park -Barton Road, Kettering, NN15 6NJ