Walvis Bay is located at Namibia's west coast and is the only commercial port of the country.
The fasted way to get to Walvis Bay from Windhoek is tarred main road B2. It takes 5 hours and the road passes Swakopmund.
It is a 20 minutes drive from Swakopmund.
Air Namibia  provides flights within the country from Walvis Bay Airport , while South African Express  offers flights to Cape Town and Johannesburg.
Minibusses from Windhoek (departure from the taxi rank closed to Rhino Park hospital, 110N$) or from Swakopmund (taxirank out of town, 25N$) are available throughout the day. Not too comfortable, but the true african way of travelling.
Although the Mini Buses are slightly cheaper and are an experience, they have no fixed time schedule and are often overloaded. So check out these operators:
- Intercape  operates a service from Windhoek via Okahandja and Swakopmund. Intercape service also extends to South Africa and Zimbabwe.
- Econolux Tel +264 64 205935 operates a service to Cape Town twice a week
The train service to Windhoek will take up to 13 hours.
The RMS St Helena formerly made regular round-trips from St Helena Island to Cape Town via Walvis Bay.
- Wetlands. Three important wetlands exist for migratory birds. The lagoon is south-west of town and the habitat for flamingos and the endangered Damara tern.
- Flamingos. Flamingos feed in the shallow waters by the beach and in the wetlands.
There are quite some activities to do in Walvis Bay.
- Kitesurfing. Head on down to the lagoon to ride the waves. Lessons and equipment by http://www.namibiakite.com)
- Go fishing. Rods can be rented. You need a fishing permit though which can be bought at the ministry of fisheries for 14 N$ for 30 days (Inspectorate Office, 1st Street, phone: +264 64 2016111, Monday-Sunday 8-13). Speak to the locals about the various fishing spots.
- Dolphin watching. Checkout Mola Mola cruises for dolphin and seal cruises Tel +264 64 205 511.
- Dune boarding. Buy a dune board in town and head 6km out of town to Dune 7 for an inexpensive thrill.
- The Raft Restaurant Bistro and Bar. A Great Restaurant with great atmosphere, on a pier in the lagoon, an absolute must if you are in Walvis Bay. Large restaurant offering a huge a la carte menu, and bistro and bar area with the best pizzas and burgers for miles. Definitely worth the drive from Swakopmund (a mere 35kms).For directions, just ask anybody for 'The Lagoon' it's on stilts in the water opposite The Pelican Bay Hotel, you can't miss it. Phone +264 64 204877. 
- Probst. A German cafe serving some of the best sandwiches. Try the "rawhak" roll.
The Raft Restaurant and Bar , A lively bar and bistro offering great views and wood fired pizza in Bistro area. Top class Restaurant also within the same premises.
+264 64 204877
- Pelican Bay Hotel, . edit
- Langholm Hotel, 18-22 2nd Street West, Lagoon (Off 5th Road, turn left into 2nd Str West.), ☎ +264 64 209230, . checkin: 13h00; checkout: 11h00. Great facility, friendly and helpful staff, great fun the NightCap bar - feels like home from home. Should be first choice for all persons visiting Walvis Bay. from N$655. (22573686S,14291987E) edit
- Loubser's Backpackers, 11 JH de Waard Street(old 3rd Street West) (Arriving at the traffic round about, you take the exit to Union street. Drive along this untill you meet up with 5th Rd at the Tourism info. Turn left , straight along 5th until you reach JH de Waard where you turn left.Property on your right hand.), ☎ +26464203034, . checkin: 12am; checkout: 11 am. Affordable accommodation in either dorm rooms or private double and single rooms. Self Catering unit for families or a group traveling together. from N$140. (22 57.662,014 29.332) edit