Verbier is a resort town in the east central part of the Swiss canton of Valais. It boasts cable car access to a huge network of ski trails which are perfectly suited for intermediate and advanced. There are also a couple of bunny slopes in town, as well as a huge amount of infrastructure for skiing and after skiing.
In the summer Verbier, like many mountain villages, becomes a base for the true Swiss national sport of hiking (randonnée).
There is no direct plane connection to Verbier, as it has no airport. The nearest International Airport is Geneva Cointrin, 160km from Verbier. The airport of Sion, 50km from Verbier can be accessed by private aircraft and SWISS International Airlines has had flights to Sion from the United Kingdom — the SWISS service is limited to the ski season and is infrequent. Access to Verbier from the airport can be made by train, by bus or by car.
There is no direct train service to Verbier. Passengers coming from Geneva will need to take a train to Martigny and then change trains to take the "St. Bernard Express" to Le Châble, the Verbier base station. From there passengers can take the cable car or the Postal Bus to get up to Verbier.
Verbier is just off the A9 Motorway and National Road 21 (European Road: E27), about 1.5 hours from Geneva. It is advised to have a car that can travel up steep gradients and that is equipped with snow tires, if visiting in the winter.
Minibus transfers are available from the Arrivals Hall at Geneva airport. Transfers may be booked at Alpybus  or Alpinexpress 
Verbier village is small enough to get pretty much everywhere on foot, even in ski boots. A free bus runs around the village until early evening. There is a cable car service between Verbier and Le Chable which runs from 08:30 until 18:30, and a bus which runs later, so you will want to make note of the bus schedule if your hotel is in Le Chable.
Glaciers of Grand Combin seen from Verbier
The principal activity in Verbier during winter is skiing. The ski area is one of the largest in Switzerland, extending as far as Thyon and up to the Mt Fort glacier. Much of the best skiing is off-piste (off-trail), making the resort best suited to experienced, or at least enthusiastic skiers. The best sector for beginners is Savolyres. There is less infrastructure for snowboarding, but advanced boarders should consider a trip to Verbier for the magnificent off-piste possibilities
- ES - European Snowsport - Verbier Ski School (ES), Mountain Air Rue de Medran (Half Way between Pl. Central and Medran), ☎ +41 (0) 27 771 6222, . 8 a.m. -7 p.m.. Verbier Ski School and Snowboard School edit
- Cherries Walks, ☎ +18.104.22.1681, . Walk, hike, or snowshoe the beautiful alps. Private, tailor-made trips with a certified mountain guide. info[at]cherrieswalks.com edit
- Ice karting ('''Karting Extreme Verbier'''), Centre Sportif, ☎ 077083531, . Family and corporate ice kart racing events in Verbier Switzerland. Pre bookings only. edit
- Altitude Verbier - Ski and Snowboard School (Altitude), Rue de Medran 27 (100 meters after No.1 sport shop (in the direction of Savoleyres)), ☎ +41 (0) 27 771 6006, . 8h30 a.m. -7 p.m.. Ski School and Snowboard School Verbier edit
- Alpinemojo Ski School, Rue de Medran - Verbier (Meeting point at Medran ski lifts), ☎ 0041 77 460 2420, . 8h00am - 7pm. Alpinemojo is a new Verbier ski school that provides high quality ski instruction and coaching for recreational skiers (from beginners to advanced), from extremely experienced instructors who have each been skiing in Verbier for more than 20 years. edit
- La Grange, Route de Verbier Station 70 (Just up the road from the Migros), ☎ (+41) 027 771 6431, . 30 - 100 CHF. edit
- Au Vieux Verbier, Rue de Médran (Located next to the Médran lift departure point), ☎ (+41) 027 771 16 68. Noon to 15:00 & 18:30 to Midnight. Reservations are required for dinner. 20 - 60 CHF. edit
- Carrefour, Route du Golf 95 (Take Bus Line 1 Carrefour to the end of the line or take Bus Line 2 to the end of the line and then walk up the hill), ☎ +41 027 771 55 55 ([email protected], fax: (+41) 027 771 70 55), . 15 - 50 CHF. edit
- Pizzeria Borsalino, Route des Creux 3 (Just above the Place Centrale, across from Farinet), ☎ (+41) 027 771 17 50. 10 - 60 CHF. edit
- Al Capone, Route des Creux (A short walk above the Brunet bus stop), ☎ (+41) 027 7716774. This restaurant has a vast selection of Pizzas and other Italian specialties. 15 - 60 CHF. (46.0999650,7.2292403) edit
The après-ski nightlife is pretty happening at Verbier. In early evening the pubs and bars are jammed with skiers - many have a happy hour between 4PM and 5PM. Later on, most people return home or eat at one of the many restaurants, before hitting one of Verbier's nightclubs, which stay open until 3 or 4AM in peak season. None of this is cheap!
- Offshore, Rue de Médran, ☎ +41 27 771 5444, . Daily 8AM-9PM. Famous hangout with both apres ski, sandwiches, good breakfast and good vibes in this Californian styled joint edit
- Pub Mont Fort, Chemin de la Tinte 10, ☎ +41 27 771 4898 ([email protected]), . Legendary after-ski bar where local skibums and extreme skiers gather. Rumoured to serve most beers in Switzerland in the winter. Serves good and inexpensive foood (burgers etc) edit
- Farm Club, Route de Verbier, ☎ +41 27 771 6121, . 11PM-4AM. Run by two Italian brothers, this club doesn't get going until very late, and when it does it's for the 27+ crowd, but it does have a reputation for some outrageous nights out. edit
- Chalet d'Adrien, Chemin des Creux (Right next to the base of the Savoleyres gondola), ☎ (+41) 027 771 62 00, . 560 - 3000 CHF. edit
- ChaletGEM Ski Chalet Directory (Ski Chalets in Verbier), . Ski Chalet Directory, a selection of independently owned and managed ski chalets located in Verbier edit
- Chalet Pelicano (Chalets in Verbier), 366 Residence Le Pelican, Chemin des Vernes, 1936 Verbier, ☎ +41(0)762363444, . The Chalet Pelicano sleeps up to 14 guests and is part of a larger building in the heart of Verbier with Medran lifts close by. Features 6 bedrooms with open lounge, balcony and roof terrace. Village centre is 3 minutes walk away with many bars & restaurants in easy reach. Facilities includes 2 additional beds, TV, Internet, fireplace, parking, ski & boot room and more. Pets allowed. variable prices. edit
- Luxury Chalets Verbier (Luxury Chalets Verbier), Dentdelion Sàrl, Case Postale 122 , 1934 Le Châble, Switzerland, ☎ +41 (0)22 534 9774, . Discover the finest luxury ski chalets in Verbier with Bramble Ski. edit
- Martigny, at the end of the valley leading down to Verbier is known for its extensive Roman ruins including an amphitheatre.
- If a supplement is paid, one can ski in one of Switzerland's largest skiing domains — the Quatre Vallées offers over 450km of piste and 92 lifts
- Guides offer the possibility to "hike" on skis from Verbier to Zermatt as part of the "Haute Route", a journey of several days