Van Wert  is a city in Northwest Ohio. It is the county seat of Van Wert County, Ohio, USA.
- Vantage Career Center, 818 N. Franklin St., ☎ 1-800-686-3944 or +1 419-238-5411, . Vantage Career Center is proud to provide diverse opportunities for high school and adult education for the members of Van Wert County and the surrounding area. edit
Besides the Walmart and the Van Wert Towne Center on Van Wert's northside, the people of Van Wert, Ohio must travel anywhere from 40 minutes to 1 hour northwest on U.S. Route 30 to the city of Fort Wayne, Indiana to get to the closet major shopping mall and biggest retail shopping area.
- Walmart Supercenter, 301 Town Center Blvd., ☎ +1 419-238-5662, . Walmart is open 24 hours. edit
- Bob Evans, 761 W. Ervin Rd., ☎ +1 419-238-7191, . Hours are Sunday 6am to 9pm, Monday through Thursday 6:30am to 9pm, Friday and Saturday 6:30am to 10:00pm. edit
There are plenty of choices for alcohol. Most grocery stores carry it, as well as the gas stations, drive-throughs and convenience stores.
- Comfort Inn Van Wert, 840 N. Washington St., ☎ +1 419-232-6040 (fax: +1 419-232-6210), . 57 rooms, centrally located. edit
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Van Wert, 860 N. Washington St., ☎ +1 419-238-2600, . edit
- United States Post Office, Main Office, 314 E. Main St., ☎ +1 419-238-1678 (fax: +1 419-238-6270), . Hours are Monday through Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm; Saturday 9am to 12pm (noon). Package and shipping price varies. edit
- Van Wert County Hospital, 1250 S. Washington St,, ☎ +1 419-238-2390, . edit
- Brumback Library, Main Branch, 215 W. Main St., ☎ +1 419-238-2168, . Hours are Monday through Thursday 9:30am to 7:30pm; Friday 9:30am to 5pm; Saturday 9:30am to 3:30pm. The main library offers free Internet access, although you may have to obtain a library card first. edit
- The Times Bulletin  is the only daily newspaper published in the Van Wert area.
- Fort Wayne is about 40 minutes northwest on U.S. Route 30.
- Mansfield is about 1 hour and 54 minutes east on U.S. Route 30.
- Canton is about 3 hours east on U.S. Route 30.