Vallejo is in Solano County in the San Francisco Bay Area of California.
The name "Vallejo" is locally pronounced in a confused hybrid of Spanish and English. In literal English this ought to be pronounced "vuh LAY joe". In Spanish this ought to be "bah YAY hoe". But locally it's pronounced "vuh LAY hoe".
Vallejo is accessible from elsewhere in the SF Bay Area by way of Hwy 37, Hwy 29, and I-80.
Vallejo can be reached from SF (or vice versa) by the Vallejo Baylink Ferry (Terminal is at the intersection of Georgia St and Mare Island Parkway) in about 60 minutes. As of February 2018, it's $10.20 per ride with a Clipper card, and it's a bit over $14 without a Clipper card.
Baylink also runs the #80 Bus line from York & Marin Sts to the El Cerrito Del Norte BART station.
Vine bus, Route 10, connects Vallejo to the Napa Valley as far north as Calistoga.
Greyhound also has a stop/station in Vallejo, Vallejo Grehound Station 1500 LEMON ST Vallejo, CA 94590
Six Flags Discovery Kingdom  Wildlife discovery theme park.
- The McCune Rare Books and Art Collection  in the JFK Library, 505 Santa Clara, Vallejo, CA 94590. Entrance is free. This collection contains hundreds of rare books, including a leaf from the Gutenberg Bible,six other books printed before 1501, the Kelmscott Chaucer, the botanical portfolios of Henry Evans and much more.
- Farmer's Markets: The Downtown Farmers' Market is every Saturday on Georgia Street. You can find seafood (including oysters, fish, etc), produce and ready-made goods for sale, as well as some clothing, home accessories and incense. The vibe is very local and unpretentious. On Fridays, there's also the Kaiser Permanente Farmers’ Market.
- Walk around Downtown: The historic part of Vallejo, especially on Georgia Street, has some beautiful and historic homes with a lot of charm. This semi-hilly walk in the residential area is very pleasant. Meanwhile, central Downtown area has a truly unique and local (nothing corporate!) shops, such as a new age store, an African clothing store, a skater shop, etc.
- If you want to work-out, Olympic Health Club is an incredibly friendly, family-run gym. They're very affordable and offer a no-frills, low-key workout environment. Address: 939 Tennessee St, Vallejo, CA 945. Phone: (707) 643-6887.
- Island Pacific Market: Filipino market with primarily Southeast Asian and general goods. They also sell hot food that you can eat at the market. Address: 2110 Springs Rd, Vallejo, CA 94591.
- Mi Pueblo Food Center: Latin market. They also sell hot food that you can eat at the market. Address: 2107 Solano Ave, Vallejo, CA 94590.
- Thelma's African Connection: You can find African clothing here. Address: 509 Georgia St, Vallejo, CA 94590.
- Psychic Reality: Quirky new age/mysticism store with candles, incense, tarot cards, books, etc. Address: 345 Georgia St, Vallejo, CA 94590.
- Bookworm Educational Supplies: Great store/resource for teachers with affordable prices. Address: 1822 Springs Rd, Vallejo, CA 94591.
- Vallejo Bookstore: This small local bookstore has some cool titles, but it has weird hours and is often not open. Call in advance to see if they're open. Address: 628 Marin St, Vallejo, CA 94590. Phone: (707) 563-5179.
- Vallejo Vinyl: Record store. 537 Georgia St, Vallejo, CA 94590.
- Official Goods Company: Skate shop. Address: 541 Georgia St, Vallejo, CA 94590, Vallejo, CA 94590.
- Vallejo Aquarium: This is the place to go if you're looking for fish & other sea creatures. Friendly staff. Address: 611 Florida St, Vallejo, CA 94590.
- Annie's Panda Garden, 320 Fairgrounds Dr., ☎ 707-644-6826, . Annie's Panda Garden is a family owned Chinese food restaurant located about a mile from Marine World. It is one of the best Chinese food restaurants in town. It has over 13 years of experience serving local residents and visitors to Discovery Kingdom (formerly known as Marine World). edit
- Good Day Cafe, 314 Georgia St Vallejo, CA 94590, ☎ (707) 557-4745. A homey cafe/diner where the service is incredibly friendly; it feels like you're in a small town where everyone knows each other. The food is mid-range and decent (not incredible) for diner fare, but the overall vibe of the place really makes it stand out in a sea of mostly mediocre restaurants and chain stores in the Vallejo area. edit
- House of Soul, 526 Solano Ave, ☎ (707) 644-3792. An incredibly tasty soul food restaurant with friendly and lovely staff. edit
- "Joy, 1828 Springs Rd, ☎ "(707). Probably the best place for a down-to-earth and tasty breakfast in Vallejo. The country potatoes are great, portions are large and prices are reasonable “". edit
- Taj Grill: Tasty Indian food & they deliver! Address: 758 Admiral Callaghan Ln, Vallejo, CA 94591. Phone: (707) 644-4902.
- Pho Saigon Village Noodle House: This is a decent Vietnamese food spot -- not "amazing," but pretty good compared to the other food options in Vallejo. Lots of seating and generous portions. Address: 3636-3656 Sonoma Blvd, Vallejo, CA 94590. Phone: (707) 534-6286.
- Best Western Inn at Marine World, 1596 Fairgrounds Drive, ☎ +1 707 554-9655 (fax: +1 707 554-3951), . edit
- Courtyard Vallejo Napa Valley, 1000 Fairgrounds Drive, ☎ +1 707 644-1200 (fax: +1 707 643-7011), . edit
- Holiday Inn, 1000 Fairgrounds Dr, ☎ +1 707 644-1200, . edit
- Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Vallejo, 44 Admiral Callaghan Lane Vallejo, Ca 94591, ☎ 7076431061 (fax:707 6434719), . edit
- Motel 6 Vallejo - Maritime North, 597 Sandy Beach Road, ☎ +1 707 552-2912 (fax: +1 707 645-9324), . edit
- Motel 6 Vallejo - Six Flags East, 458 Fairgrounds Drive, ☎ +1 707 642-7781 (fax: +1 707 647-7231), . edit
- Motel 6 Vallejo - Six Flags West, 1455 Marine World Parkway, ☎ +1 707 643-7611 (fax: +1 707 554-0138), . edit