Valdosta  is the 10th largest city in the state of Georgia. It is located in Lowndes County, in the state's Plantation Midlands region. The population is about 50,000 people. Valdosta is one of the fastest growing cities in Georgia, where new buildings are always being built somewhere.
Valdosta is located just off I-75, about 15-20 minutes from the Georgia-Florida border, roughly halfway between Atlanta, Georgia and Orlando, Florida. Valdosta can also be reached traveling on US 84, US 41, and US 221.
Valdosta Regional Airport (VLD). The only commercial carrier serving the airport is Delta , from/to Atlanta only.
Valdosta has network of roads that is more or less structured. If you don't want to get stuck in traffic, you can drive on Perimeter Road, which goes around Valdosta. Although Valdosta is a medium-sized city, tourism is important, with thousands of visitors visiting the city every year.
For an area with about 50,000 people Valdosta has many options to get around. These options include rental car, taxi, and public transportation. There is also an overlapping public transportation network that connects Valdosta with other Counties in South Georgia. These modes of transportation our both economical and safe with rental cars starting at $45 daily, taxi $5 minimum charge, and $3 public transportation.
Valdosta has a subtropical humid climate with mild winters, hot summers, and abundant rainfall. Please be aware that Valdosta often suffers from oppressive heat and humidity in the summer, due to the fact that rainfall is most abundant in the summer. In the summer, temperatures easily reach the mid-90s. When the temperature is accompanied by high humidity, the heat index can reach well over 105. If you're not accustomed to the heat, the best times to visit Valdosta is from late September to early May. Otherwise, wear sunscreen, and a hat. Bug spray is also necessary, as gnats can be a problem in the summer. Temperatures can reach 90 degrees as early as May, and as late as September.
- Lowndes County Historical Museum, 305 West Central Avenue, +1 229 247-4780, . M-F 10AM-5PM, Sa 10AM-2PM. Displays the heritage of Valdosta and Lowndes County. Maintained by the Historical Society of Lowndes County. Free.
- 'Dosta Playhouse, 122 N. Ashley Street, +1 229 247-8243. Featuring various performances throughout the year by Theatre Guild Valdosta .
- Annette Howell Turner Center for the Arts, 527 North Patterson Street, +1 229 247-2787, . M-Th 10AM-6PM, F-Sa 10AM-4PM, Su 1PM-4PM. Features four galleries with rotating exhibits along with a permanent gallery featuring East African art.
- Valdosta State University Fine Arts Gallery, +1 229 333-2149.
- Valdosta State University Theatre, +1 229 333-2149. Productions featured September through May.
- The Crescent, N Patterson St & Gordon St. Historic home
- Wild Adventures, . Family-friendly theme park and zoo.
- Splash Island, Water park connected to Wild Adventures. A good place to go to cool off during the intensely hot summers.
- Golf, 4300 Coleman Road North, +1 229 247-2527 ext. 2, . Stone Creek golfcourse.
- Golf, Kinderlou Forest Golf Club, 3374 US Highway 84 W, +1 229 219-2300, .
- Morven Music Hall, +1 229 775-2181. Sa 5PM-11PM. Live music, dancing. No smoking, no alcohol.
- Watkins Music Hall, Mt Zion Road near Rocky Ford Road, +1 229 242-2169. Sa 6PM-11PM. Live music.
- Go to church.
- First Presbyterian Church, . Historic Church, placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1967 and has a Georgia Historical Marker outside.
- Trinity Presbyterian Church, 
- West End Presbyterian Church
- Mount Zion A.M.E. Church
- Theatre Guild Valdosta, . Community theater in Valdosta. TGV produces four shows per season, plus two childrens' show. Located in the 'Dosta Playhouse in downtown Valdosta.
- Grand Bay Wildlife Management Area, . There are hiking trails, a 2,000-foot boardwalk and a 54-foot observation tower that overlooks open prairie and a heron rookery. Water lovers enjoy the canoe trail and boating through the Blackgum Swamp.
- Valdosta State University, 1500 N Patterson St, +1 229 333-5800, 1-800-618-1878, . Over 10,000 students enrolled undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Valdosta Mall, 1700 Norman Drive, +1 229 242-0457.
- Downtown Valdosta, +1 229 259-3577
- City Market, 101 N Patterson St. Art gallery and shop
- Walmart, 1601 Norman Dr., .
- Hannah's, 219-0185. Tu-Sa from 5PM. Located in the Magnuson Hotel. Steak, seafood, pasta. $12-$16 per plate.
- Sonny's BBQ, 1701 Norman Dr, (Outside Valdosta Mall), +1 229 241-8090. Part of the chain located in the Southeast US.
- Red Lobster, 1179 N Saint Augustine Rd, +1 229 244-7587.
- Applebee's, 1301 N Saint Augustine Rd, +1 229 241-9933.
- Cracker Barrel, 1195 N Saint Augustine Rd, +1 229 244-5258.
- International House of Pancakes, 1821 West Hill Ave, +1 229 249-8444.
- Outback Steakhouse, 1824 Club House Dr, +1 229 242-4329.
- The Bistro, 132 North Ashley Street, +1 229 253-1253
- Mori Japanese Steakhouse, 1709 Norman Dr, +1 229 244-5299
- Willy's Restaurant, 2325 North Ashley Street, +1 229 247-0611 Tu-Sa 5:30PM til late. Prime Rib and Seafood, Wonderful family owned atmosphere.
- Red Door, N Ashley St & W Central Ave. Hot dogs
- Smok'n Pig, 4228 N Valdosta Rd., ☎ 229.245.8227, . Sun-Thurs 1100-2200, Fri & Sat 1100-2230. BBQ
- Ole Times Country Buffet, 1193 N St. Augustine Rd., ☎ 229.253.1600, . Southern food
- Masato Japanese Steakhouse, 1337 Baytree Road, ☎ 229.242.4667.
- Barberitos, 1337 Baytree Rd., ☎ 229-244-4804. Mexican
- Aligatou Japanese Steakhouse and Seafood, 1922 W Hill Ave, ☎ 229.244.4784.
- Ichiban Japanese Steakhouse, 2913 N Ashley St., ☎ 229.249.9010.
- Fuji Gourmet, 1701 Norman Dr. (inside Valdosta Mall). Japanese
- Olive Garden, 1315 N St. Augustine Rd., ☎ (229) 244-9990, . 11am-11pm Fri-Sat 11am-10pm Sun-Th. Italian (30.8426229,-83.3265126)
- Azalea's Restaurant & Lounge, 1805 West Hill Ave. Located inside the Holiday Inn.
- Mom and Dad's, 4143 N Valdosta Rd, ☎ +1 229 333-0848, . Family owned Italian restaurant.
- The Wooden Nickel, 3104 N Oak Street Ext, +1 229 242-5842
- Briarwood Motel, 1934 Briarwood Rd., ☎ 1-877-747-8713, .
- Clarion Inn & Conference Center, 2101 West Hill Ave, ☎ +1 229 242-1212, . Pet friendly hotel. Free wi-fi and free breakfast. Seasonal outdoor pool. Complimentary Airport Shuttle.
- Comfort Suites, 1332 N Saint Augustine Rd, ☎ +1 229 249-8880, . Smoke free hotel. Free wi-fi and free breakfast. Seasonal outdoor pool. Wild Adventures Theme Park Partner Hotel rates.
- Courtyard by Marriott, 1564 Baytree Rd, 1-800-321-2211
- Days Inn, 1827 West Hill Ave, 1-800-329-7466.
- Econo Lodge, 3022 James Rd, ☎ +1 229 671-1511, . Pet friendly motel. Free continental breakfast and free wi-fi. Seasonal outdoor pool. Complimentary local shuttle.
- Hampton Inn & Suites, 2 Meeting Place Dr., ☎ +1 229 241-1234, .
- Holiday Inn & Conference Center, 1805 West Hill Ave, ☎ +1 229 244-6900, . checkin: 3 PM; checkout: 12 PM. Full service hotel. Onsite restaurant (Azalea's) and room service. Free internet. Outdoor pool. Wild Adventures Theme Park Partner Hotel rates.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites, ☎ +1 229 249-8900, . checkin: 3 PM; checkout: 12 PM. Free breakfast and free internet. Outdoor heated pool.
- Howard Johnson, 4598 North Valdosta Rd, ☎ +1 229 244-4460, . checkin: 3 PM; checkout: 11 AM. Pet friendly motel. Free wi-fi. Outdoor pool. Onsite restaurant (Peg Legs Seafood Restaurant).
- Knights Inn, 2110 West Hill Ave, +1 229 247-2440.
- La Quinta Inn, 1800 Club House Dr, +1 229 247-7755.
- Motel 6, 2003 West Hill Ave, +1 229 333-0047, .
- New Valdosta Inn & Suites, 2015 West Hill Ave, ☎ 1-877-747-8713, .
- Quality Inn At the Mall, 1705 Gornto Road, ☎ +1 229 244-8800, . Pet friendly hotel. Free wi-fi and free breakfast. Outdoor pool. Wild Adventures Theme Park Partner Hotel.
- Quality Inn South, 1902 West Hill Ave, +1 229 244-4520. 
- Ramada Limited, 2008 West Hill Ave, +1 229 242-1225.
- Sleep Inn & Suites, 3026 James Rd, +1 229 671-1111. 
- The local area code is 229 and is not required for local calls.
Travel in Valdosta is relatively safe, as it is a medium-sized city, but like all cities regardless of their sizes, there will be crime in certain areas so use common sense no matter what.
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!