Uttarkashi (or Uttarkasi) is a town in Uttarakhand.
February to May season is at best. Also go in monsoon.
From Delhi, fly to Dehradun (5 hrs). From there take a taxi or bus for Uttarkashi which takes about 6 hours.
The closest train station is Dehradun. Take a train from Delhi to Dehradun. Taxis and buses are available from Dehradun. It takes about 6 hours to reach Uttarkashi. You can also reach Haridwar from Delhi and take a bus/taxi from there. Shared taxis are also available. The journey is very scenic, the Tehri Dam reservoir and the turquoise Bhagirathi river look surreal in the backdrop of the mountains.
The best way for getting around in Uttarkashi town is by walking. If you are staying near Bus Station as most of the hotels are located here, you can easily walk to the city center in 5 to 10 minutes. The town is so small that you don't really need transport to move around but if you want to visit the near by tourist spots you have can either use the public transport or hire a taxi.
Uttarkashi is known for its excellent trekking tracks and mountaineering. The season begins from May, when the snow melts. Guides and porters are also available.
- Dodi Tal A Beautiful lake in the lap of high mountains, surrounded by oak and deodar. According to popular legends Lord Ganesha chose this place as his abode. There is a temple devoted to Lord Ganesha here. Another name for this lake is 'Dhundital' meaning Ganesh ka tal or lake of Ganesha. The trek for Dodi Tal starts from Sangam chatti which is 14 km from Uttarkashi city. The one way distance to Dodital from Sangam chatti is 22 kilometers. The midway overnight stay/camping options are at village Agoda and Bebra.
- Saat Taal
- Shiladuni -Kohri Trek from Kuflon, Uttarkashi.
- Dayara Bugyaal
- Nachiketa Taal
- Nehru Institute of Mountaineering (NIM): NIM is one of the few mountaineering institutes in India. It conducts various mountaineering and climbing training courses and besides organising climbing expeditions.
- Nanda Devi Institute of Adventure Sports and Outdoor Education (NDI): NDI is is certified training institute by the Nehru Institute of Mountaineering and offers courses in Basic Mountaineering, Mountain S&R, Community Based Disaster Response and Bird Watching.
- Kandar Devta Mandir
- Vishwanath Temple
- Kuteti Devi temple: Located on a small hill across Bhagirathi River
- Joshiyara: A village across Bhagirathi River. Now becoming a neighborhood. It has a famous temple, Kaleshwar Mandir, dedicated to Lord Shiva.
- Dayara Bugyal Trek (Dayara Bugyal), Taknaur Renge, Uttarakhand 249135, ☎ 08954007320, . Dayara Bugyal trek lies among the best treks in Uttarakhand. The vast meadows stretch from 10,000 to 12,500 feet in the Uttarkashi district, Uttarakhand This beautiful place stands in between high snow-covered peaks which together make an excellent sight. On the other hand, the meadows remain covered in snow. So, consequently, it turns out to be the most fantastic winter trek in Uttarakhand. And, also an excellent Skiing destination. Price:7,000. (30°51'37.3,78°35'03.0) edit
Uttarkashi is quiet town and one can take walks along the banks of the river Bhagirathi.
- Trekking (Trekking), ☎ 08954007320, . You can go for trekking in Uttarkashi. edit
Monal Tourist Home Kot Bangalow Road 
- Hotel Swargarohini Palace (Hotel Swargarohini), Harkidun Road, Mori-Sankari Rd, Sankri, Uttarakhand 249128, ☎ 94101 34589, . The Hotel Swargarohini palace is in Sankri Uttarkashi And Serving People From Around the world from 24 years. edit
- Kuflon Mountain Homestay : Half an hour from Uttarkashi, discover another world in Kuflon, a postcard village set amid terraced valleys and stunning views of the Himalayas, with a population of less than 30 people! This is where you can leave behind the crowds (and phone connectivity and shops) and experience mountain life at its best. The homestay is run by a friendly couple who quit their job in the cities to answer the call of the Himalayas. Their home offers a place to unwind, swap travel tales, taste traditional food, indulge in creature comforts, and forget the pace of city life - the most indulgence you can get at an altitude of 5,000 feet.