Kinmen Page Banner
Hello, Tyen. I just want to say that your new page banner for Kinmen is great! By the way, where is that place that the banner represents? --Flapingglass (talk) 22:47, 27 March 2015 (EDT)
Hey, you made a wonderful banner for Montserrat, but unfortunately, what you see on the banner is not on the island of Montserrat (what the article is about) but about a Spanish village that goes by the same name. I therefore removed your banner from the article, because it has nothing to do with the island. Making banners is wonderful, but please mind these sorts of things :) CheeseCrisps (talk) 12:30, 28 March 2015 (EDT)
Hi Tyen, I was making considerable updates to the Lawrence, KS page and you reverted them for some reason. I am working for the tourism group here and just spent two and a half hours adding positive changes. How can we get back to the changes I made?Khartland (talk) 16:00, 17 January 2017 (EST)
Thanks for letting me know. The edits were removed by mistake. I have reverted it. Tyen (talk) 16:24, 17 January 2017 (EST)
Thank you SO much.Khartland (talk) 16:29, 17 January 2017 (EST)
Updated listing on San Juan Island Page
I have update the Western Prince listing and removed the touting and first person pronouns. Please let me know if there are any other issues. Thanks for the help.Ireiff (talk) 18:43, 18 January 2017 (EST)
You removed my entries on the Berlin page because they don't provide any use to the user beyond what they can do themselves? I'm sorry but that doesn't make sense.
I added a professional tour company, that offers expert led guided tours (how is that less relevant than some of the other things listed there?) and the professional guides association, who also offer in-depth insights into the city from trained, qualified historians that visitors cannot get on their own.
Did you also remove my recommendation for the mausoleum at the Schlossgarten Charlottenburg? MattRobinson (talk) 19:32, 26 January 2017 (EST)
- I placed back the information regarding the mausoleum at the Schlossgarten Charlottenburg. I'm sorry for that!. Regarding the tour guide removal, please read our tour listing criteria Thank you again for understanding and for contributing. Tyen (talk) 19:41, 26 January 2017 (EST)
- I've read the criterea, and don't see how that doesn't apply to other entries featured. The text added surely provided as much usefulness to the visitor as some of the other entries. Do you intend to remove them? MattRobinson (talk)
- Which listings are you referring to? If there are listings that do not follow the policy, let me know and I'll review them. Tyen (talk) 10:59, 27 January 2017 (EST)
Could you explain me more about this change?
- Please see our rules regarding external links http://wikitravel.org/en/Wikitravel:External_links Tyen (talk) 13:48, 23 August 2017 (EDT)
- I've read the policy, but I dont see how does this policy applies to site I have added (nightnomads.com) and doesn't apply for the site I have already found on the page (joinjack.de). Not to mention that joinjack.de website doesnt have any information.
- The site you are trying to list is considered a "Nightlife guides and reviews in nightlife guides" WT is for direct content, not to link to other activity aggregators. I'll remove joinjack.de. Thanks for pointing that out Tyen (talk) 14:59, 23 August 2017 (EDT)
- I don't consider nightnomads.com to fall under "Nightlife guides and reviews in nightlife guides" category, although that site uses term 'guide' in slogna it actually is not. For example if site had venue characteristics, hints and tips (as WT does for most cities) I would consider it as a guide. The way I see this site is more as answer to the question "Where can I go out tonigh?" which I consider to be super helpful after users reads WT nightlife guide in city. As far as aggergator part, I semi-agree with you. But the thing is that nightnomads.com also has user submited content which makes it not to be an aggregator.
Pétionville (Misspelled, should be Pétion-Ville)
You deleted the discussion page. What did I do wrong?
I provided valid information to determine how to correct a misspell. Isn't the discussion page where I'm suppose to get feedback to determine the validity of my request with supportive information to move forward and add factual information to expand the wealth of information wikipedia is suppose to be consolidating?
Would love o hear from you to determine how to move forward.
Taziobaker (talk) 16:12, 9 February 2017 (EST)
This was removed by mistake during a routine spam cleanup. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. The discussion page has been restored. Tyen (talk) 16:17, 9 February 2017 (EST)
help needed to add photos
hi thank you for the edit on http://wikitravel.org/en/Alegr%C3%ADa_(Cebu)
I have some relly nice photos that I want to add to add section, the problem is I am having trouble
Can you guide me through how to do
I want them at the right-hand side
- To add photos, they must be first uploaded to Wikitravel Shared After they have been uploaded, please check our Help Page to help you properly add your photos to Wikitravel. Thank you for contributing to Wikitravel!!! Tyen (talk) 14:54, 11 April 2017 (EDT)
Hi Tyen, thank you very much for your quick response to update the ja: spam filter(s). It seems to work well so far, I think.--Shoestring (talk) 07:47, 12 April 2017 (EDT)
- Hi Shoestring. Unfortunately, I had to turn the filter I had off as it was catching some good edits. I'm trying to modify it so that it works better. I'll keep you updatedTyen (talk) 11:21, 12 April 2017 (EDT)
Can't Upload Photo
cannot add any photos to page
Alegria Cebu 2017 Sinulog Queen
- On what page are you trying to add this photo? What happens when you do try to add the photo? Tyen (talk) 12:18, 14 April 2017 (EDT)
We got some bugs on ja;WT, perhaps from yesterday. So far we noticed two errors.
- "Do not show ad column" on the User preferences page is malfunctioned.
- When we try to jump from some pages to others by using the internal link, we get error message (like the one you see below) and unable to edit (eg. See "ja:メインページ/parts"). I noticed that the same error is happening at some pages on en: (eg. See"Maidan")
[WPUh6lHoB0gzxXkXnzlG-QAAAA0] /ja/%E3%83%A1%E3%82%A4%E3%83%B3%E3%83%9A%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8/parts Error from line 184 of /var/www/html/wikitravel.org/mw-1.28.0/extensions/Breadcrumb.php: Call to undefined method SkinVector::makeLinkObj()
#0 /var/www/html/wikitravel.org/mw-1.28.0/extensions/Breadcrumb.php(64): BreadcrumbLinks(array, Title)
#1 /var/www/html/wikitravel.org/mw-1.28.0/includes/Setup.php(850): setupBreadcrumb()
#2 /var/www/html/wikitravel.org/mw-1.28.0/includes/WebStart.php(136): require_once(string)
#3 /var/www/html/wikitravel.org/mw-1.28.0/index.php(54): require(string)
- Also, I feel I am frequently kicking out of my log-in status.
Would you please forward them to the tech staffs and debug them?--Shoestring (talk) 08:10, 18 April 2017 (EDT)
- Thanks shoestring. I'll report this info to the tech team! Tyen (talk) 13:59, 18 April 2017 (EDT)
- The "do not show ad" column and internal page errors have been reported. Regarding the random logouts, try to clear the browsers cache and cookies for the site, restart the browser, then login and be sure to check the "remember me" box. If the issue persists after that, let me know Tyen (talk) 16:43, 18 April 2017 (EDT)
- Hi Tyen, thank you for your quick response to the problems we have.--Shoestring (talk) 07:38, 19 April 2017 (EDT)
Regarding the "do not show ad" column bug I reported a couple weeks ago, I notice the reason why…, well, not just the "ad column" but all sections of our "Preferences" pages. When we try to choose some options (such as "days to show in resent changes and number of edits", "Time zone", etc.) on the users Preferences pages and click the "Save" button, all the options we chose are canceled and changing back to their default status (would you please try yourself on your Preferences pages and check whats going on).
In addition, we found some other errors on ja: pages (and some are on the Shared pages) as listed below:
- Links to the Wikipedia, Wikitravel shared and Dmoz are kicked out from the left side bar and displays on the bottom of the pages irregularly.
- Breadcrumb navigations, originally displaying at the top of the pages are totally disappeared from all the ja: pages.
- We can't display most of the recent changes list on the mobile view pages.
- Category tugs (such as location, cuisine) on the Shared pages seem to be broken and not display at all.
Could you check these bugs and forward them to the tech staffs?--Shoestring (talk) 10:17, 7 May 2017 (EDT)
- I know these issues have been reported to our tech team already. I'll see why they are still lingering for JA version Tyen (talk) 16:33, 8 May 2017 (EDT)
- Here is the updated regarding the reported issues.
- Preferences not saving is being worked on.
- The links at the bottom of pages has just been reported.
- Breadcrumbs is being worked on.
- Could you provide more detailed explanations of:
- "We can't display most of the recent changes list on the mobile view pages." What's being excluded or limited from mobile view?
- Category tugs (such as location, cuisine) on the Shared pages seem to be broken and not display at all." Can you show me an example of this? Tyen (talk) 17:29, 8 May 2017 (EDT)
Sorry, but we have some amendments:
- We can't display most of the recent changes list on ja: page (not just the mobile view) when we want to use them at the "not log in" status. Here is an example:
- Here is an example of the (seemed) broken category:
- You can see the category ("Kolkata") at the bottom of the page, but we can't display this picture on the category gallery page when we click the category tug (I tried to purge cache for this category page but it doesn't work).--Shoestring (talk) 07:59, 9 May 2017 (EDT)
- Recent changes not showing for users who are not logged in has been reported
- What is category tug? What are you clicking on specifically? Tyen (talk) 14:01, 9 May 2017 (EDT)
- Actually not the "tug" but links to each categories (for grouping the location, as for the sample image I mentioned above, "Category:Kolkata" is the specific one). Click the link at the bottom of the image for jumping to the Category page, and you can see that this image is NOT on the gallery, though it originally should be.--Shoestring (talk) 07:50, 10 May 2017 (EDT)
- Ok I understand. Can you provide another image example of this issue? I would like as much info as possible before I send this particular issue to our dev team. Tyen (talk) 12:37, 10 May 2017 (EDT)
- I have reported this to our tech staff. If you do happen to find another example image of this, please provide a link Tyen (talk) 17:48, 10 May 2017 (EDT)
OK. I pick up some of the example images from the "List of new images" as listed below:
I think it happens on the recently uploaded images, especially uploaded from the end of this April. I confirmed that the images uploaded on the head and middle of last month have no problem (like this and this).--Shoestring (talk) 07:28, 11 May 2017 (EDT)
- This is perfect. Thank you! Tyen (talk) 14:11, 11 May 2017 (EDT)
Schengen list of visa-exempt nationalities
The list of visa-exempt nationalities to the Schengen Area (Template:Schengen-visalist) needs updating (to add Colombia, Dominica, Georgia, Grenada, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, Palau, Peru, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu, Ukraine (with effect from 11 June 2017), United Arab Emirates and Vanuatu). Unfortunately, I'm unable to edit the template, so could you update the list please? Jakeseems (talk) 10:35, 26 May 2017 (EDT)
- List has been updated. Thanks! Tyen (talk) 16:37, 30 May 2017 (EDT)