Welcome to my talk page! Swissjohn29 (talk) 09:01, 20 February 2019 (EST)
Hello Swissjohn29! Welcome to Wikitravel.
To help you start contributing, we've created a quick contribution guide and a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and style as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page.
The owners of hotels, restaurants, bars, attractions, and other businesses useful to travellers can share information that helps others in their travels. However, they should adhere strictly to our policies and guidance.
If you need help, check out Wikitravel:Help, or post a message in the travellers' pub. --Binbin (talk) 09:31, 20 February 2019 (EST)
- Hi SwissJohn29,
- My apologies for reverting your edits on the sandbox. I reverted them back. Enjoy your time on Wikitravel!
- I answered your question on my talk page. Happy editing! Adzas (talk) 03:36, 28 February 2019 (EST)
Hi, thanks again for all your edits, greatly appreciated. When adding listings, just keep in mind that we don’t want long lists, the sleep section for example is way too long. Also all those lists for radio and tv are not really needed. Information about a visitorcentre can be added to the Understand section, in the Contact section we add info about telecommunications like internet, phone etc. Have a look at these guidelines, they may help. I have not yet reverted any of the info, so you can have a look and keep the good/special listings and re-organise the info a bit ok? Any questions let us know. Happy editing! Adzas (talk) 04:40, 13 March 2019 (EDT)
- Hey Adzas, I think somebody else already told me about the hotel listings, there are a lot of new properties up there in the last few years. I can whittle down the older or not as popular ones, I wasn't thinking at the time that it might be too long there. I guess the TV/radio thing was more my idea of further helping people "cope" as it were, and know a little about the media choices. I didn't see it on the list of guidelines before, so I shouldn't have made my assumption. I was under the impression that Contact was a source/s for a visitor/newbie to contact for more info while there--sorry about that, too. Thank you for not giving me grief about what I did. I appreciate that. I guess I'm still "getting my feet wet". Overall, I guess there was so much in the Amarillo page to update/add, that it might have kept me from realizing what's acceptable around here, and what's not. You and the others have been a big help, especially in the recent unwelcome "invasions" to my userpage and sandbox. Thanks for everything, especially your patience. Swissjohn29 (talk) 04:58, 13 March 2019 (EDT)
- You are welcome! No need to apologise, we are all here with the same goal, informing travellers about destinations, so your input is valuable. You know where to find us if you need help. Adzas (talk) 05:01, 13 March 2019 (EDT)
That time again!!
Well, Adzas, IBobi, or whoever, work your magic again! Sorry to bother. Thanks *yet again* in advance. Swissjohn29 (talk) 01:58, 14 March 2019 (EDT)
- Hey! What do you need? IBobi (talk) 13:47, 14 March 2019 (EDT)
- Had to revert another one on my userpage last night. I figured one of you all could block them. Sorry I wasn't specific IBobi. Swissjohn29 (talk) 14:59, 14 March 2019 (EDT)
- Well, Adzas, IBobi, IBAlex, or whoever, someone else is in my sandbox again... Swissjohn29 (talk) 00:32, 15 March 2019 (EDT)
- Hi John -- do you know how to revert changes? Just go to your sandbox page, open the View History tab, and Undo! IBobi (talk) 14:45, 15 March 2019 (EDT)
- Yes, IBobi, I do know how to do that, but I don't have admin magic fingers to block anyone, that's why I was trying to alert you all. Just letting you all know there's still a problem. Thanks! Swissjohn29 (talk) 16:13, 15 March 2019 (EDT)
- Hi, just so you know that we constantly check edits and if we see something incorrect, we take action. Those spammers use different ip-addresses so sometimes it takes time to get them all. But the more attention you give it, the more they will bother you. Annoying but it will pass. Happy editing! Adzas (talk) 05:04, 18 March 2019 (EDT)
- Thanks Adzas for the update. I wasn't sure how busy (away from the site) you all were or how active you were on the site. I guess I figured if I didn't say anything, things wouldn't get noticed right away. I never know with some sites if I'm "alone on a desert island" (in an internet sense) or not. Appreciate your help. Swissjohn29 (talk) 11:17, 18 March 2019 (EDT)
- Hi SwissJohn! I can assure you that we are here for our users and that we do not let vandalism go unpunished. We block IP addresses whenever there is a vandal attack, but what they do is switch IPs and we cannot do anything except block the next IP when it happens again. We do our best to make sure vandalism is reverted and cleaned up as soon as possible. This particular vandal has been hitting us and Wikipedia. Thank you for understanding and we are always standing by to help our users have a more enjoyable experience. IBRyan (talk) 18:08, 18 March 2019 (EDT)
- Appreciate it IBRyan. I guess you all do have your hands full between that guy and the one that keeps being negative in the Stay Safe section in Amarillo (and in other pages, I've heard). Wikipedia, too, huh? Some people must have all the time in the world ;-) and nothing better to do. Swissjohn29 (talk) 18:45, 18 March 2019 (EDT)
- Yes Swissjohn29, some people do have all the time in the world, but we do our best to use our time making sure that Wikitravel is a fun, safe environment for our users to contribute ;) If you have any comments, questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out! We appreciate your contributions to Wikitravel and hope you are enjoying the site! IBRyan (talk) 18:48, 18 March 2019 (EDT)