Welcome to Wikitravel. Please take a sec to look at our copyleft and policies and guidelines, but feel free to plunge forward and edit some pages. Scanning the Manual of style, especially the article templates, can give you a good idea of how we like articles formatted. If you need help, check out Wikitravel:Help, and if you need some info not on there, post a message in the travellers' pub.
Thank you for contributing to Malaysia, Port Klang and Selangor. --Huttite 17:50, 11 Jan 2006 (EST)
- And a welcome from me too, comprehensive local information is always very welcome and you're doing a great job! Just one little stylistic note: if you have a section called "By plane" about an airport, the information on how to get to/from the airport should also go in the same section. "Get around" is more for local transport inside the city/state/attraction. Jpatokal 06:29, 12 Jan 2006 (EST)
Pretty sure this'll get VFD'd for conflicting with Wikitravel:Image policy#People in photos :-( ~ 18.104.22.168 11:59, 10 October 2007 (EDT)
- Tks for msg. I thot I will be able to get it in under this exception:-
- A photo of the Taj Mahal is useful for travellers; a photo of your girlfriend in a funny hat standing in front of the Taj Mahal is not. In general, we don't really want pictures of travellers or other people in Wikitravel. Some exceptions might be for particular sports or activities or crowd scenes or illustrating some costume or uniform. Slleong 00:25, 11 October 2007 (EDT)
- Hope you don't mind me moving this here. About the exception - you could be right. Do you think it's maybe best to VFD it now and state the exception you've highlighted and see what happens? That way if you are right, the VFD discussion will end up on the talk page for the image and that should mean it won't get VFD'd again at some time in the future (when you might not be around to explain!)?
- By the way - have you seen Wikitravel:How to add an image#Shared vs local? ~ 22.214.171.124 07:18, 11 October 2007 (EDT)
- Had a look after your msg but not sure if I understand everything on the page. Any way in which I can come in useful?Slleong 00:28, 12 October 2007 (EDT)
- Re Shared vs local, in a nutshell, it's generally better to contribute images to Shared, as then they can also be used on other language versions. Only upload images here if they are English language specific, upload everything else to Shared. ~ 126.96.36.199 04:38, 12 October 2007 (EDT)
- OK. Tks.Slleong 14:24, 13 October 2007 (EDT)
Kota Kinabalu to Brunei in a day
Kota Kinabalu to Brunei in a day is great! I look forward to trying this out when I finally get a chance to visit Brunei/KK, probably next year... Jpatokal 05:45, 28 October 2007 (EDT)