Hello, Salvatorebruno! Welcome to Wikitravel.
To help get you started contributing, we've created a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and style, as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page. If you need help, check out Wikitravel:Help, or post a message in the travellers' pub.--Burmesedays 12:53, 21 March 2010 (EDT)
- With regard to National Parks in Tuscany, please can you put these into the proper Wikitravel format, using a template and importantly, provide proper descriptions for each. At the moment the listings are unacceptable as all the text is hyperlinked. Thanks. --Burmesedays 12:53, 21 March 2010 (EDT)
- Hi there. Well done with all that extra information. The Tuscany parks should really all be in the See section though and not in Other destinations. Please move them there. Cheers. --Burmesedays 12:38, 30 March 2010 (EDT)
- Thanks for your advice. Hello Salvatore!
- Ciao Salvatore. I am based in Rome and slowly trying to improve Wikitravel coverage of Rome, and places in Lazio and Umbria and, occasionally, Toscana. Good to see that someone else is getting involved with this area. When you sign talk pages you should use four of these ~. Thanks Shep 15:40, 30 March 2010 (EDT)
- Hello, thanks for your advice. I live in Tuscany and I love my land and I would like to make it known to all ... is a fantasy land full of parks, museums, places to visit ... Salvatorebruno 17:57, 1 April 2010 (EDT)
- Whilst I think it is OK to list all the national parks of Tuscany in the region article, individual listings of Spas etc should be in the city/town articles, not the region article. Region articles are intended to be a brief overviews with no detail.--Burmesedays 10:53, 5 April 2010 (EDT)
Hi there. Thank you for your contributions of spas in Italy. Please note that spas belong under the Do section, and that there is no need for them to have their own special subsections unless the top-level section is pretty full. Thanks! Texugo 13:11, 11 April 2010 (EDT)
Well done for developing the Prato article. There are a few issues with formatting though, some of which are the same as those I pointed out above for national parks in Tuscany:
- Please never front link text to a url. The correct format for placing an external link is explained here. You did it correctly in the
See section but then used the very ugly front-linked format for restaurants. To be clear, this is good:
- Nottetempo , Piazza Mercatale 122 - Prato. Tel: 0574 41528. Closed Mondays. Busy especially during summer. Live music on Thursday evening.
This is not good!:
- NOTTETEMPO: Piazza Mercatale 122 - Prato. Telefono 0574 41528. Closed Mondays. Busy especially during summer. Live music on Thursday evening.
- As is standard internet practice, please never write using capital letters as this is viewed as SHOUTING.
I hope all of that is clear and thanks again for your work. Cheers. --Burmesedays 23:43, 18 April 2010 (EDT)