Would like to help you further...
I have subscribed to the English, French and Dutch version of Wikitravel, it feels exciting and I hope I can be helpful here and there... :) Porteplume
- Hey! So exciting to see you here Viviane! We look forward to seeing you on FR and NL as well, since I know you are a multilingual expert. And of course we look forward to your photos :) Welcome!!--IBobi (talk) 13:53, 11 June 2013 (EDT)
Sitenotice on zh:
Hi IBobi, could you change the sitenotice on zh:? It's really out of date. You can just change it to 歡迎來到維客旅行! which means Welcome to Wikitravel! Thanks! –sumone10154(talk) 20:39, 4 October 2012 (EDT)
- Hey there -- we're going to be changing to notices next week to something more timely/announcey! We'll have a good one up for ZH then too ;) --IBobi talk email 19:25, 5 October 2012 (EDT)
- Ok, how are you going to translate the notices? Please don't use a machine translation like you did for your userpages; they tend to do a very poor job, and those translations are sometimes barely understandable (especially for zh:). –sumone10154(talk) 21:57, 5 October 2012 (EDT)
- We'll go through a Chinese admin.--IBobi talk email 05:32, 6 October 2012 (EDT)
- There are currently no active admins on zh: (or on most language versions). –sumone10154(talk) 14:29, 6 October 2012 (EDT)
- By the way, I can help with translation for fr: if you'd like (I would help for zh: too, but I don't speak Chinese very well). –sumone10154(talk) 14:33, 6 October 2012 (EDT)
- Excellent! I'll let you know when we have it. As for ZH, that is about to change, much for the better ;) --IBobi talk email 14:38, 6 October 2012 (EDT)
- So one week has passed already, and you have not changed the sitenotices. Could you just remove the one on zh: for now? You could replace it with the message I posted here (歡迎來到維客旅行!), or just replace it with a dash symbol - to blank it like the one on the French sitenotice; it doesn't matter, as long as you change it so it's not 3 years out of date. Thanks. –sumone10154(talk) 14:44, 16 October 2012 (EDT)
- We're still working on one. Really, we'll try to have it updated this week on several languages including ZH :) --IBobi talk email 15:12, 16 October 2012 (EDT)
Sitenotice on ja: again
Hi. It has past almost one and half month since I posted this request and it has not yet progressed at all.
If you are unable to do it, bring us back the right to edit the sitenotice, please. It is quite as easy as pie for us ja: admins.--Shoestring 07:38, 14 October 2012 (EDT)
- See above -- we'll have it done soon I promise -- it's a multi-language effort now, not just ja and ZH :) --IBobi talk email 15:13, 16 October 2012 (EDT)
- Hi Shoestring -- would you be willing to translate a short sitenotice for us, which we will put up on JA? Basically it is a call for more contributions, and for active users to potentially be admins. I know you have a great deal of experience on JA, and the language version is in excellent shape thanks to you and the other active members there, so we want to be sure you have whatevwer support you need. IBAlex will be in touch with you soon. Thank you,--IBobi talk email 19:43, 18 October 2012 (EDT)
- Hi. Well, I am a bit busy these days, and I did not check this page, actually.
- If you finish making the short message you mentioned above, or other messages which you want to notice for ja: users, post them on my ja: talk page, please. I think I can translate them into Japanese and leave them on the ja: traveler's pub, if necessary.--Shoestring 08:21, 25 October 2012 (EDT)
- The Sitenotice was changed today. Please have a look. Is it fine right now? Cheers! IBAlex 20:21, 28 November 2012 (EST)
Can these test edits be removed now, please?
- I removed it. Thanks! IBAlex (talk) 12:43, 8 April 2014 (EDT)
- Thank you. I would like to think that these tests include planning to have external links shown in our recommended style (ie linked to the name of the listing) rather than continuing to produce those meaninglessly incrementing, footnote style, little numbers... --Ttcf (talk) 16:02, 8 April 2014 (EDT)
- Please would you favour me with a response. --Ttcf (talk) 18:51, 24 November 2014 (EST)
Your edits to Chicago
Your edits to Chicago were not good and had to be reverted. The south suburbs area east of Cicero Avenue is far more violent than you think, and some areas, especially around Harvey, Ford Heights, and Sauk Village really are nearly as dangerous as East St. Louis. Plus, there is a group of gangster run clubs in the south suburbs area that love to lure innocent people in by advertising themselves all over the Internet and even on billboards. Every day and night, people get shot, murdered, robbed, car jacked, and left for dead in the parking lots of those clubs, and no tourist should ever have to face that. Wikitravel is supposed to provide information on travel without putting people in harm's way. Don't vandalize Wikitravel again. Conserve (talk) 19:22, 11 November 2014 (EST)
- It's understood that you feel strongly about this. That said, do not revert edits by administrators without discussion. We are always available to chat. I have suspended your account due to your attitude and comments in the edits. Tomorrow you can return to editing, but be advised to be more communicative and seeking consensus before you make such changes. Your Chicago warning box is insensitive and bordering on offensive. The current box, as I edited it, is more than adequate to the task. Thank you, IBobi (talk) 19:29, 11 November 2014 (EST)
Since you make so very few substantive textual edits to our guides and in the context of our Wikitravel:Information for gay and lesbian travellers policy and the lack of an edit summary, why did you make this São Paulo edit, please?
Was it because the information was factually incorrect?--Ttcf (talk) 19:02, 24 November 2014 (EST)
- Since "gay" is not a cuisine type, and there is no such thing as a gay restaurant, this seemed like a LGBT-unfriendly remark.IBobi (talk) 19:05, 24 November 2014 (EST)
- We may both be barking up the wrong tree. Perhaps the original editor was using the meaning of the word gay current before the sixties and describing the restaurant's ambience as: "Light-hearted and carefree; Brightly coloured; showy or showing a merry, lively mood" rather than the clientèle that it specifically catered for. Remember that many editors and readers of WT don't have English as their mother tongue... --Ttcf (talk) 19:49, 24 November 2014 (EST)
- Safe>sorry.IBobi (talk) 20:05, 24 November 2014 (EST)
Sorry to bother you but this guy User talk:188.8.131.52 has vandalized the Texas article and has posted some very inaccurate information on the GLBT section on the Texas article several times already. I edited it a few times already before finally just deleting it altogether since it just seems to attract trolls and vandals. Is there anyway you can ban this guy or something? He just seems to cause trouble. Thanks for your help. Diablo234 (talk) 17:23, 9 September 2015 (CST)
Anyways if you or any of the other admins would personally want to revise and rewrite the LGBT section in the Texas article I would be more than happy enough to provide you with any links to outside sources in order to assist you guys. Thanks. (Diablo234 (talk) 21:20, 10 September 2015 (EDT))
- Hi Diablo. First, please use a colon : to indent your discussion posts so they are easy to read. Second, thank you for your continued attention to this. But please don't edit war -- and my user talk page is not the place for this discussion. As IBcaldera pointed out, please have it at the talk page for Texas. IBobi (talk) 21:43, 10 September 2015 (EDT)
Abuse Filter Suggestion
Hi! I have used Wikitravel successfully for many trips, great site. I run my own wiki and have some suggestions for abuse filter configuration -- looking through your recent changes, it seems like we have been dealing with similar spambots. Please add google's popular email address domain to my user name (following an at sign) and we can discuss offline (don't want to publish our strategy online). (intentionally not signing) 2014-12-04 8:30AM
【ja:mobile view】 bug report and request
Dear IBobi, I found a bug in the Mobile view mode, and reports.
In mobile mode（android browser）, Pasted image does not appear in the template(Template:Miru, Asobu...).
20160328 bugreport 01.png
Mobile view mode (not show Image)
20160328 bugreport 02.png
PC view mode (show Image)
In mobile mode（android browser）, It does not switch the "PC view mode" from the "Mobile view mode".
20160328 bugreport 03.png
Click "デスクトップ（switch PC view mode）", not switch "PC view mode".
Please add menu "Recent changes（最近の更新）" in mobile view modes side menu..
OS is "Android 5.0.2", Using browser of mobile phone is "Boat browser".
Since English is not good, I'm sorry I can not be described in detail.--Kentagon (talk) 08:15, 28 March 2016 (EDT)
Hi! I noticed your userpage at Romanian Wikitravel. That's a bad Romanian translation you used there. I'll correct it. Hope you won't mind. Regards, Wintereu (talk) 17:26, 10 April 2017 (EDT)
- Done. Wintereu (talk) 17:45, 10 April 2017 (EDT)
- Thank you!IBobi (talk) 17:55, 10 April 2017 (EDT)
- You're welcome. I must say that, so far, at the Romanian Wikitravel I haven't seen any additional benefits of contributing or even have admin rights there, instead of other similar (more or less) projects. Anyway, glad that I could help. Have a good day! Wintereu (talk) 02:26, 11 April 2017 (EDT)
I am contacting you after having read the page about Mesr, a village in Central desert of Iran (https://wikitravel.org/en/Mesr).
It is obvious that this page has been created by a hotel/café to sneakingly advertise their business. They even advertise prices, give a phone number etc. The reader is clearly cheated as the page is supposed to give information about Mesr itself but at the end it is an obvious advertisement for their place. From what I understood from your guidelines, this is not permitted. Can you do something? Many thanks
- Hi there! I'm one of the admins on Wikitravel and thanks for reaching out to us. We took a look at the Mesr page and found most of the contributions to be informative with the reader in mind. However, we did notice a small snippet that shows the obvious advertising you mentioned. We decided to take down that part as it is not listed in the template. Please feel free to reach out on my talk page if you have any more questions. Thanks! IB hill (talk) 10:26, 16 October 2018 (EDT)