Hello Anna! Welcome to Wikitravel.
To help you start contributing, we've created a quick contribution guide and a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and style as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page.
If you need help, check out Wikitravel:Help, or post a message in the travellers' pub. --Binbin (talk) 00:30, 19 July 2019 (EDT)
Thank you for your message on ja:WT
Hi Anna, thank you for your message.
So far, We would like to activate "Breadcrumb navigation" like the one on the top left of the en: pages. We have same function, but it doesn’t work for some reasons so far.
And is there any possibility to make "Local spam blacklist" in Japanese? We have been dogged same spam attacking for years and we want to kick them out from our pages by using it.
メッセージありがとうございます。英語版のようにパンくずナビを有効にしていただきたい（同じ機能が日本語版にもありますが、現在使えない状態です）のと、日本語版のスパムブラックリストが作れるかを教えていただけるとありがたいです（何年も同じ日本語のスパム攻撃を受けており、それを排除したいと考えています）。--Shoestring (talk) 08:07, 5 August 2019 (EDT)
- Hi Shoestring! メッセージありがとうございます。パンくずナビについては今日、当社の技術部に話を通します。日本語版ブラックリストの事ですが、既に存在しますhttps://wikitravel.org/ja/Wikitravel:Local_spam_blacklist 。それともページを日本語に変えたいという事でしょうか。
IBanna (talk) 11:53, 5 August 2019 (EDT)
- Hi Anna, thank you for your quick response. さっそくのご返答ありがとうございます。以前、現在使われているブラックリストに日本語の単語を登録してスパムフィルターとして機能するか試してみましたが、うまくいかなかったので、日本語の特定の単語をブロックできるようなリストを別に作ることができないのかと思い質問してみました。もし、現在のブラックリストを使って日本語の特定の単語がブロックできるやり方があるなら、それを教えていただく形でも結構です。--Shoestring (talk) 07:09, 6 August 2019 (EDT)
- Hi Shoestring, thank you for clarifying the situation. 当社の技術部に日本語の特定の単語をブロックできるリストを作るように話しを通しました。それが出来るかどうかはまだ曖昧ですが、結果次第Shoestringさんにご報告致します。IBanna (talk) 11:24, 6 August 2019 (EDT)
large data dumping from ja:WT is about to happen
I sent a message to IBalex on January 18 2015, titled "Huge number of articles imported to other wiki travel guide website". Now the same is about to happen. The Japanese version of WikiVY has been launched and its community members are preparing to dump all the data from the ja:WT. One of the members explains the idea on the "Traveler's pub" page of ja:WT, but I'm pretty skeptical that they understand copyright. --Aiko99ann (talk) 23:14, 13 August 2020 (EDT)
- Hi Aiko,
- My name is Joel. I am the Wikitravel English administrator. Anna is no longer at Wikitravel. I apologize for my inability to speak Japanese. I speak French, so please let me know if you prefer that over English!
- Because the copyright on wiki articles stays with the writers, Wikivoyage can copy our content. Both websites use the same license that allows this. Please let me know if you have any other questions about this. Obviously, we are not happy that they are copying all of Wikitravel Japanese, because the people who have worked so hard on the website deserve to maintain the credit for it. But legally we can do nothing to prevent them.
- Most importantly, thank you and the rest of the Japanese team for keeping Wikitravel Japan great. It is, and will always be, the best Japanese language travel wiki in the world. Is there anything we can do to make the site more inviting or to make things easier for the editors?
- In the future, the best place to reach us quickly is https://wikitravel.org/en/Wikitravel:Travellers%27_pub, or you can write to me or IBobi directly. If you would like us to block the user TMV, we can do that.
- I have one request: the warningbox on the JA Traveler's Tavern looks to be outdated, since there have been no technical issues for a long time, so perhaps this warning could be removed, except for the section on how to contact Internet Brands?
- I look forward to hearing from you! IBJoel (talk) 16:20, 14 August 2020 (EDT)
- Hi Joel, I can only speak "Bon appétit", so let me communicate in English.
- I'm probably undearstand the basics about copyright and copyleft concepts. You can see what the members of the Japanese version of WikiVY are currently discussing here. You may feel the same suspicion as me if you read it, I'm very skeptical whether they will comply with copyright rules and respect Wikitravel policies in the same way as we do.
- Thank you for teaching me how to contact everyone at IB. If this discussion should be transferred to that as well, I will do so. Also, for your request, I would like to get some advice from Shoestring, also the admini of the Japanese version.
- --Aiko99ann (talk) 21:58, 14 August 2020 (EDT)
- Great idea on bringing in Shoestring. Could you please send me an email at [email protected] ? Then you, IBobi, Shoestring, and myself can talk about how to handle the situation. You can title the email "Wikitravel Japan" so I know it's from you. Thank you! IBJoel (talk) 17:22, 17 August 2020 (EDT)