Welcome to IB_hill's discussion page! Feel free to send a question or drop a line down here and I'll respond as soon as I can! :) IB hill (talk) 13:43, 28 March 2018 (EDT)IB_hill
If you have any questions about anything, please add it below here!
I was trying to create a page for Rangitoto Island (I linked it in my edit to the Auckland site) and I'm a bit confused about how to properly use an image (I was going to create a banner) without violating any copyright/copyleft terms. If you could provide an explanation or link me to a page that has a good explanation, that would be awesome. As I am just starting out, I want to make sure I do things right to begin with. -BrysonH
- Hey BrysonH! Great Question! First and for most, I would check out the "Contribute" section in Help, it contains a lot of useful info that might help!
- 1) To create a page for Rangitoto Island, check out our article templates page and pick the template that best suits the page you want to create (in your case it's the "Small city article template"). Click on "quick version" and it will show you the template to use for that page. Copy the markup and paste it to url https://wikitravel.org/en/Rangitoto_Island. There you can create your page and start editing!
- 2) Take a look at our how to add an image page for our image policy and instructions. Friendly note that images are uploaded on Wikitravel Shared and to make sure that the image that you find offers a commercial and mod use license. Don't forget to give it attributes too!
- Hope this helps and please let me know if you need any more assistance! IB hill (talk) 18:35, 30 March 2018 (EDT)IB_Hill
Hello, I've noticed that when I edit, I can only edit the top section (the introductory section if you will) of pages, and I can't edit the individual sections (As you can tell from my edit history, I like to add information about public transit in the "Get In" and "Get Around" sections). I'm not sure if it's something browser-related, or something on WikiTravel's end, but can you look into this? Thanks a lot.
Hi IB hill,
thanks for your welcome message on my talk page. I am still figuring out how it all works.
Two questions regarding the Atins page:
1. As you can see I removed the external link Atins.me from most parts of the article, however I was not sure if it should stay under contact.
What information should be listed under contact and are external links wanted here?
2. Furthermore, it is visible in the history of the article there was a lot more information including hotels, restaurants etc. than there is now. Is it possible to restore this old information somehow? I am just having my phone with me right now to edit.
Thanks in advance! Travel-bug (talk) 09:37, 23 May 2018 (EDT)
- Hey there, Travel-bug! Thanks for reaching out and will be happy to answer your questions.
- 1. Good call on removing the external link from most parts of the article- generally having 1 is good and the link has to be something that's uniquely useful. Good examples would be if it's a link to the exact business listing or link to the official website that supplements the information (i.e. train schedule). We generally remove links that show up multiple times or are not necessary at all. I also don't think we see a lot of main headers with "Contact" (it's possibly outdated). So for this case, since Atin.me is their official website, I hyperlinked it to "Atins" right when it's first introduced.
- 2. I traced back the revisions and was able to pull some info about dining and lodging that was made in 2016. Hopefully this is the one you're referring to.
- Let me know if you have any other questions! IB hill (talk) 10:48, 23 May 2018 (EDT)IB_Hill
- Hi IB hill, for me it is now much clearer how links should be treated. Thank you for your answers and changes! Travel-bug (talk) 11:55, 23 May 2018 (EDT)
Saying hello? Write it below here! :)
Hello and welcome! GiulioC (talk) 03:26, 29 March 2018 (EDT)
- Hello! Thanks for your message on my talk page, welcome! Adzas (talk) 05:05, 29 March 2018 (EDT)
- Hi! IBJoel (talk) 17:37, 11 April 2018 (EDT)
- Hello. IBThomas (talk) 18:09, 11 April 2018 (EDT)Thomas
- Hello from Internet Explorer IBThomas (talk) 15:30, 12 April 2018 (EDT)IBThomas
- Hello hello! IB hill (talk) 15:33, 12 April 2018 (EDT)IB_Hill
- Hi, and thanks for the welcome! Excalibur1953 (talk) 20:37, 16 April 2018 (EDT)
hello IB hill..i am a new user..a bit confused how to use it..if there are mistake please for your help IB hill (talk) 14:19, 18 July 2018 (EDT)Maria Lili
- Hi Maria Lili! Thanks for reaching out and apologies for the confusion- editing a wiki can get a little complex. What questions do you currently have that I can help better explain? IB hill (talk) 14:19, 18 July 2018 (EDT)
Drop a line below here!
Hello again IB Hill!
Just wanna let you know that I completely understand your points about my edits and I will try to make them smaller and more original. I just want the readers to understand the true experience of the ride through the posts and to give them some advice as to how much time will they sacrifice waiting in line (which is an important aspect of Disneyland). I am happy that you have time to edit what I have done and any change to the best will be very welcome! -From JohnyKaz2078
- Hey JohnyKaz2078!
- Thanks for being understanding and love your perspective with the rides. I just started making some edits to help change the tone and tried making the descriptions more concise. Have a look and let me know what you think. Of course, feel free to chime in whenever! IB hill (talk) 14:48, 6 July 2018 (EDT)
- Hi again IB hill!
- I saw some of your edits and I can say that it looks very good. Thanks for helping me and I will try to make my next edits more original and concise! JohnyKaz2078 (talk) 10:47 7 July 2018 (EET)
- Hey JohnyKaz2078! Sorry for the late response- was busy yesterday but I'm glad you like them. Can't wait to see what more edits you have in store! :) IB hill (talk) 10:22, 10 July 2018 (EDT)
Hello again IB hill!
In response to your comment on my talk page.
Yes, I did make a trip to Auckland in the middle of March. New Zealand quite obviously isn't known for its city life so Auckland itself did not have too much to offer. Although, Viaduct Harbour was a fantastic place to have a relaxing dinner with a nice view and I would highly recommend doing this (I also drank my first legal beer here as I am 19 and live in America). I would recommend getting out and seeing islands if you are only in Auckland as Fullers has ferries that go to a bunch of other islands around Auckland in addition of Rangitoto and Waiheke. If you have more time try to visit more of what the North and South island have to offer rather than just what Auckland has to offer. I highly recommend a longer trip (I know life gets in the way) because there is just so much that New Zealand as a whole has to offer. -BrysonH 6 April 2018
Thank you for your message
Hi, this is Shoestring from ja:WT. Thank you for your message and your cooperation. Actually we have some bugs on ja: pages, which we have already reported to the tech team via Tyen for a long time ago, and unfortunately some of them are still on the back burner.
We want to get some response about them. See User talk:Tyen#Bugs, please. Personally, I think that fixing the "Do not show add" column (or tug) and Wikitravel:Breadcrumb navigation are relatively urgent matters (because it's very much inconvenient). --Shoestring (talk) 08:16, 5 April 2018 (EDT)
- Hey Shoestring!
- Thanks for getting back to me and great to hear from you! I'll take a look at the bugs and keep you updated with what I can do. Feel free to reach out to me if there's anymore issues and I'll be sure to report them for you. IB hill (talk) 11:44, 5 April 2018 (EDT)IB_Hill
Re:Translating Contact Wikitravel Page
Hi, IB hill,
Regarding your request posted on June 30th on my ja: talk page, could you show me the original English text? It is very much easier for me to compare English and Japanese sentences and check it out.
Reading the Google translation, some of the parts of the page sound strange a bit for me, but so far I can't correct them well, because I don't know the detailed nuances of the original message. --Shoestring (talk) 08:20, 1 July 2018 (EDT)
- Hey Shoestring!
- Sorry for the delayed response. I had other projects going on and it was a public holiday yesterday. This is the page I was trying to translate. Let me know if you have a chance to read over it. Thanks! IB hill (talk) 11:11, 5 July 2018 (EDT)
- Thank you for your response. Now I am starting the modification bit by bit.--Shoestring (talk) 09:38, 8 July 2018 (EDT)