Hi IBJoel! Welcome to Wikitravel.
To help you start contributing, we've created a quick contribution guide and a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and style as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page.
The owners of hotels, restaurants, bars, attractions, and other businesses useful to travellers can share information that helps others in their travels. However, they should adhere strictly to our policies and guidance.
If you need help, check out Wikitravel:Help, or post a message in the travellers' pub. --Binbin (talk) 10:02, 13 October 2015 (EDT)
Deleting my itineraries
I am shocked while seeing you deleted my itineraries on Romania, Bulgaria and Northern Macedonia as well as pilgrimage to Wejherowo. Mentioned countries although mostly Eastern Orthodox, they have a big cultures and religions diversity. Moreover Northern Macedonia is a homeland of Mother Theresa. Wejherowo is the most popular sacred place in Northern Poland and feretrony pictures are characteristic for this region only. Golden Auste (talk) 15:46, 20 April 2020 (EDT)
Ok, I'll try to ad the itineraries again Golden Auste (talk) 17:44, 20 April 2020 (EDT)
Why are you doing this???? Thomas.W (talk) 17:10, 7 May 2020 (EDT)
- Thomas, please take a look at our Contribution Guide and Style Manual: https://wikitravel.org/en/Wikitravel:Help It is my job to review edits made to pages and first person syntax and accounts are not allowed. We also try to keep neutral wording and consistent layouts. Please see this section for an example on LGBT warnings: https://wikitravel.org/en/Texas#LGBT_VisitorsIBJoel (talk) 17:32, 7 May 2020 (EDT)
- That's great. So if I can use the Texas model, I should be able to make some fab contributions. Thanks for the demonstration and for helping my newfound grasp! :)))))))))))) Thomas.W (talk) 17:35, 7 May 2020 (EDT)
Do we really need this article? I first assumed it was done in good faith but looking at it, it just looks like an advertisement. Thomas.W (talk) 14:53, 9 May 2020 (EDT)
- Spam/advertising is removed on a regular basis, this article is no longer there. Adzas (talk) 03:46, 10 May 2020 (EDT)
Hi, may I enquire as to why both my links were deleted to the offline app I posted on 15 July? Considering it's not a paid app and rather relevant I would have thought it's not 'spam'.
Nemethv (talk) 06:55, 18 July 2020 (EDT)
- Hi Nemethv. I removed it for a few reasons, but one major one: Wikitravel is a site entirely supported by advertising. It appears your app runs ads, but since it was not made by Internet Brands, our parent company (and of which I am an employee), we are not receiving the revenue from those ads. As it denies the site its sole stream of income, we cannot endorse it. IBJoel (talk) 10:39, 20 July 2020 (EDT)
Hi there and good greetings. I'm politely asking why you changed my changes to the England tourism Wiki? I feel the cover currently is outdated while the cover I picked was more fresher and up-to-date. The current one is a bit blurry and has been there for six years. I personally feel the page could do with a cover that's not London related (as the page seems a little London centric to me) and something new.
I appreciate your helpful reverts and hopefully we can see what we can do about this.
Have a lovely day.
Hi Joel, thank you for working on the fixing of map display and response to the ja:pub. I checked and confirm the displaying of maps…, well, still a bit incorrect location. For example, if I want to check the location of Siam Square in Bangkok and displaying the map, it actually shows somewhere in the Mueang Rayong District, outside the southeast of Bangkok (click the link below and magnifying it, please).
It looks like you have to tune the latitude and gratitude data between the google map (or some other blowsers) and our sites.--Shoestring (talk) 06:42, 27 August 2020 (EDT)
- Hello Joel. I also checked the map of Bangkok (mentioned above) and it seems show the correct location. I've also checked articles of several other cities, but the problem of incorrect locations does not occur. There may be differences depending on the model and environment which we are using. I use Google Chrome (Win10) and Safari (iPad). --Aiko99ann (talk) 18:54, 27 August 2020 (EDT)
- Hey Aiko, we are still getting a few more "kinks" worked out of the system. I am testing things with tech. I apologize for the delay!IBJoel (talk) 19:04, 28 August 2020 (EDT)
Hi Joel, the ja:Traveller's Pub and its talk page has totally destroyed by a vandalism (I tried but unable to back its normal edition). Would you recover them, please?--Shoestring (talk) 17:50, 27 August 2020 (EDT)
- Hi Shoestring! I think I got this fixed!IBJoel (talk) 19:02, 28 August 2020 (EDT)
- Thank you very much!--Shoestring (talk) 19:14, 28 August 2020 (EDT)
- Hi Joel, thank you very much for fixing the map display. I checked some links at random and confirmed that they displayed the related location correctly.
- And Can you block the mail address below and kick out from our site ? This address is for the frequent vandalism junkie who accidentally left his footprint on ja:WT, who may related to ja:WV (see ja: resent changes, please).
- [email protected]
- --Shoestring (talk) 08:59, 13 September 2020 (EDT)
Hi Joel. He comes again. We have received serious vandalism from yesterday. ja: Traveller's pub has destroyed again, and this time Aiko99ann's account may have been destroyed or taken over by frequent vandalism junkie. This is an emergency. Would you block this guy and recover those attacked pages as soon as possibe?--Shoestring (talk) 17:41, 13 September 2020 (EDT)
- I could recover the ja:Traveller's pub myself. What we still remain is Aiko's account matter.--Shoestring (talk) 18:40, 13 September 2020 (EDT)
- Hello, Joel. As Shoestring explained, the disturber is pranking my user page. They create an account with a misleading name "Aiko99aan" and then does some miserable sabotage. Perhaps they are very annoyed by the exercise of admin rights I did last night. However, my activity is in a usual situation. --Aiko99ann (talk) 20:44, 13 September 2020 (EDT)
- 謝罪いたします I am working on this, although I'm unsure how to ban a specific email address. I did ban their IP address, though.
- 謝罪いたします 特定のメールアドレスを禁止する方法がわからないが、私はこれに取り組んでいます。しかし、私は彼らのIPアドレスを禁止しました。--IBJoel (talk) 17:11, 15 September 2020 (EDT)