Here are archived discussions on my Talk Page.
Please see this message. Thanks Wintereu (talk) 09:01, 9 April 2017 (EDT)
- Hello Wintereu! Thank you for reaching out. I just replied in the pub. Cheers, IBAlex (talk) 03:55, 18 April 2017 (EDT)
ja:Shoestring spam reports
Hi Alex, this is Shoestring from ja:WT.
Recently we have a lot of spams and spam accounts on ja:, mostly from English speakers (around 5 to 10 a day for the couple of month).
Have you made some modification for your spam filters? Also, we haven't heard from IBcaldera and Mkataoka recently, and they seems not to be on the en:WT Bureaucrat list. Could you tell me their current status?--Shoestring (talk) 08:22, 10 April 2017 (EDT)
- Hi Shoestring. I have enabled and updated an abuse filter with hopes that it will bring spam back down to a manageable level. Tyen (talk) 16:58, 11 April 2017 (EDT)
- Update. The filter I enabled was catching false positives and had to turn it off. I'm asking our tech team to help adjust the code. Tyen (talk) 18:06, 11 April 2017 (EDT)
- Hello Shoestring! Thank you for your message. Sorry for a late response I've been away for the Easter holidays. I hope you're doing well. I see that Tyson is already helping you here.
- Tyson, any updates from the tech team?
- Shoestring, did the situation get any better?
- Cheers! IBAlex (talk) 03:42, 18 April 2017 (EDT)
Twin Island Dive listing on Nusa Lembongan Page
I am the operations manager for Twin Island Dive, here on Lembongan island. I have tried posting our dive centre listing on the page and it has now been removed twice. The 2nd time had the comment, 'seemed like an ad'. This post is not an ad, it is a repeatable dive centre, that needs to be listed along with the other centres on the page.
Thank you for your help.
—The preceding comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk • contribs)
Wanted to drop a line here saying "hello"! And wow, that International Business program sounds amazing- congrats to you! Feel free to reach out to me on my page as well! IB hill (talk) 17:43, 28 March 2018 (EDT)IB_hill
Thank you IBAlex, I really appreciate whatever you did to help. That was getting very irritating. I've never had any problems here till now. Swissjohn29 (talk) 01:37, 12 March 2019 (EDT)
- Well, while I've had my back turned, my userpage got hit. Do I need to tell you, or one of the others? Thanx in advance IBAlex, I appreciate it. Swissjohn29 (talk) 20:27, 12 March 2019 (EDT)
- Not a problem at all! It's our role as admins of Wikitravel to make sure that the site is free of spam and useful to the users. There are a few of us patrolling the site and if we see any sort of vandalism we typically remove it within a few hours. Thanks for helping us make Wikitravel better! Cheers, IBAlex (talk) 09:38, 13 March 2019 (EDT)
Question about posting!
Hi IBAlex! I have a quick question, I am new to posting info on Wikitravel and I was wondering how I would be able to add new sections? I work for a museum and was asked to add info about them to Seattle and the Seattle Sodo travel pages. But, when I try to add them, it says my content is not allowed. Let me know if you are the right person to speak to or if I should contact someone else. Thank you! Livingcomputersmuseum (talk)
- Hello Livingcomputersmuseum! Here are a couple of links to help you get started: we have a quick contribution guide and a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and style as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page. If you need anything, feel free to reach out! Thanks! IBRyan (talk) 14:59, 21 June 2019 (EDT)
- Hi again! Thank you for the links! Unfortunately, I am still having some issues. I tried adding the museum as a listing, but when I refreshed the page nothing showed up. Any ideas what I am missing? Let me know! Thanks again for the help. Livingcomputersmuseum (talk)
- Hi Livingcomputersmuseum! How are you? Thank you for reaching out. We're happy to help you. A few questions: 1) Can you point us out to the actual pages you're trying to add the content to? I was trying to see the edit history on the Seattle and Seattle/Sodo-Georgetown but I can't see your edits. 2) When you make the edits, are they saved and then they get removed? Or you can't even save the edits you're trying to make? If that's the case, what's the exact error message you're getting? Cheers, IBAlex (talk) 09:39, 24 June 2019 (EDT)
Thank you for your prompt response, I appreciate the help.
1). The two pages I am trying to update are Wikitravel's Seattle page as well as Seattle/Sodo Georgetown. I was trying to add the Living Computers: Museum + Labs under the museum sections. 2). When I attempt to add the content, it says my information was flagged as harmful and therefore my content will not be posted. I'm not sure why it is saying this, since the small paragraph I was adding is just a quick blurb about the museum! I tried editing the museum page as well as adding the museum as a new listing. But, it appears neither of these tactics have worked. Would it help if I posted what I was planning on saying here (on this page)? Maybe there is something I am missing.