Hello, Dale Arnett! Welcome to Wikitravel.
To help get you started contributing, we've created a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and style, as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page. If you need help, check out Wikitravel:Help, or post a message in the travellers' pub.
Nice work on the Charleston article (and others), please keep it up! --Peter Talk 12:22, 31 December 2009 (EST)
Thanks for your informative edit about the differences between the various sign languages, Dale.
As you already know, our focus is on helping the traveller and I am not entirely convinced that, while technically absolutely correct this edit really adds anything to a travel guide. I'll leave it up to you if you want to revert it so our New Zealand article doesn't get too huge and encyclopaedic. --singaporeAlice 23:55, 31 October 2012 (EDT)
- While I'm not deaf, I do think the differences between sign languages would be important to deaf travelers. With that in mind, I decided to compromise... got rid of some of the "inside baseball" details, and just noted that BSL and Auslan are closely related to NZSL, while ASL is quite different. If you think even what's left is too much, revert away. — Dale Arnett 00:16, 1 November 2012 (EDT)
- Dale, I'm terribly sorry for being so unclear!
- It was actually the (technically absolutely correct) "(Also found in American English.) addition "to "chicks - girls" that I was querying.
- I think that your original edit about sign language was highly useful and I would be grateful if you would restore it. I wouldn't dream of reverting a highly useful contributor like yourself and once again I am sorry for the confusion (the URL referenced above has the questionable part in red). Best wishes! --singaporeAlice 00:20, 1 November 2012 (EDT)
- Will do. :) — Dale Arnett 02:27, 1 November 2012 (EDT)
- Thanks for that, Dale - and apologies again for the earlier confusion. Which parts of NZ have you visited? --singaporeAlice 03:20, 1 November 2012 (EDT)
- Actually, I've never visited, although I'd like to some day. I've read up quite a bit about the country, though. — Dale Arnett 23:11, 3 November 2012 (EDT)
- It's getting very expensive with the strong Kiwi dollar. I guess you're from South Africa since you're so knowledgeable about Rugby?
- I hate to do this to you again Dale, but could you assess that link to http://www.newzealandrugbyinfo.co.nz/ that you added considering our policy here: Wikitravel:External links, Dale ? --singaporeAlice 23:47, 3 November 2012 (EDT)
- Here we go again! I've just double-checked and see the link was already there when you made your edit, so I'll delete it myself. Keep up the good work! --singaporeAlice 23:52, 3 November 2012 (EDT)
- Actually, I'm American. I just happen to follow rugby quite a bit. — Dale Arnett 11:11, 6 November 2012 (EST)
Thank you for your updates! Keep it up! Very useful information on United States of America. I am sure lots of travelers will benefit from your edits. Thanks! Cheers! IBAlex 15:08, 1 February 2013 (EST)