Hello, Baxterguy. I can't believe nobody had given you the official welcome yet, so here is a version of it:
Welcome to Wikitravel. ... Additionally, please take a second to look at our copyleft and policies and guidelines. If you need help, check out Wikitravel:Help, and if you need some info not on there, post a message in the travellers' pub. Thanks!
- Oh, and welcome aboard from me, too. You've done a great job on Decatur. I did go through tonight and did a lot of editing to match Wikitravel:Manual of style which is necessary to keep a uniform look to our articles as explained therein. Keep up the good work and if I can be of help, feel free to call on me. -- OldPine 20:29, 27 September 2007 (EDT)
- You've certainly got Decatur chock full of information. Bear in mind that there is such a thing as too much information. I once read something by one of the other contributors that made a lot of sense to me. He said that you should pretend you're writing this for your friends to hand them on arrival for a stay with you. They don't want a list of every restaurant in town. They want you to suggest the best for them to try.
- I do question whether a listing of furniture stores helps the traveler. All the above is meant to be constructive criticism, not a dig. Wish someone had tipped me off to this earlier in my WT "career". Again, though, great job. OldPine 19:28, 2 October 2007 (EDT)
- You left some good justifications on my user page. Plunge forward ;) OldPine 13:24, 3 October 2007 (EDT)
No idea why the double column formats that way. I've never used it here and haven't seen it much. Couldn't tell you of another article that uses it. Suggest you try that question in the pub. -- OldPine 19:47, 15 October 2007 (EDT)
I've taken the liberty of restoring the laundromats to Decatur, as they are usually considered in scope for WT. Jpatokal 09:51, 17 October 2007 (EDT)
Well, you clearly know this area well. Have you considered being a docent for the town, region or state? --OldPine 19:47, 19 October 2007 (EDT)
Sounds to me like this could be a business owner or friend who is self-promoting. I have to admit, I've never understood how Wikitravel was going to resolve this situation since we welcome all business owners to put up listings. As you know, we do have to "share the road", but sometimes it's not easy. Wish I had some helpful advice. OldPine 07:10, 24 September 2008 (EDT)
- Well, like anything else on a wiki, it can all be resolved by establishing a consensus one way or another. You've already got a discussion up on the talk page where both sides are laid out pretty clearly. If you call for others to go there and voice their opinion a consensus can be reached. I'll go there and leave my two cents now. Texugo 03:07, 28 September 2008 (EDT)