Hello! Welcome to Wikitravel. To help get you started contributing, we've created a quick contribution guide and tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and style as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page. If you need help, check out Wikitravel:Help, or post a message in the travellers' pub. -- IBAlex (talk) 20:01, 30 May 2013 (EDT)
- Thank you for your recent contributions! great job on Albufeira page! please keep it up! Warm regards, IBAlex (talk) 20:01, 30 May 2013 (EDT)
Thanks for all your hard work reverting touting such as this recent egregious example, Astrid.
Incidentally, there are a great series of templates to substitute when greeting new users. They all begin with 118 such as Template:118w which produces the result shown below, Astrid:
Hello, Adzas !
Welcome to Wikitravel.
Thank you for your interesting contributions to our Colombia article!
Terrific job in catching all that touting, Astrid!
We've created a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and our house style as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page.
However, even more important than following every guideline is to PLUNGE FORWARD and write something useful – someone might be along to help with the proper formatting later if we're both lucky...
Add your home town, or a place you know well or write some insider tips - but don't use first person pronouns.
It was great that you created your own user account on Wikitravel because you will now enjoy various benefits when logged on:
- easier communication with other writers about your edits and travel tips via your very own User Talk page
- choose to turn off advertising (in your user Preferences)
- credit for your travel writing and edits, which will now all be attributed to you rather than just an IP address
- your contributions will now become more trusted as you become familiar to other Wikitravellers as a frequent editor with a history they can check
- you'll now not need to pass a recaptcha test each time you edit
If you need help, check out Wikitravel:Help, or post a message in the travellers' pub. We're looking forward to seeing you again here on Wikitravel! --W. Franke-mailtalk 10:27, 5 July 2013 (EDT)
- Thank you! Adzas (talk) 10:43, 5 July 2013 (EDT)
- My pleasure, Astrid: <[email protected]> since e-mail has been disabled for a long time on this site. --W. Franke-mailtalk 11:10, 5 July 2013 (EDT)
Thu Dau Mot
thanks for having a look at our page! I'm a teacher and my class created this page as a class project. It will be an ongoing project to correct grammar, facts, and writing, as well as a useful contribution to visitors of the town I'm currently living in!
- Thank you for this message, Fasaya! The project sounds great! Do you need any help with editing? Did you think about uploading some pictures to the article?
- It is also a good idea to create your own account on Wikitravel because it will give you various benefits:
- Ability to communicate with other writers about your edits and travel tips
- Ability to turn off advertising in your Account Settings
- Credit for your travel writing/edits, which will be attributed to you rather than just an IP address
- Your contributions will be more trusted as you become familiar to other Wikitravelers
- No need to pass recaptcha test
- All the best, IBAlex (talk) 13:06, 1 August 2013 (EDT)
My Pleasure to your welcome to see my edit at Medan page. i try to put Medan Landmark picture so tourist will know and not get lost.
i will try put the best one.
Misahualli / touting
I reworked the page and hope it finds your "placet". Meanwhile I had a look at the touting-page and couldn't find any violation of the criteria given there. Before you eliminate information again, I'd appreciate a discussion on the discussion-page with references to the violated rules. However the general rule about avoiding 1st person was violated - although I feel that personal views should be clearly distinguished from objective facts :-(
Mass deletion of pages
Good Morning Adzas,
Please mass delete pages that are spambots:
Thanks for the notice. That's very strange, because as i remember the link should have been http://poseidonexpeditions.com
I'll fix it right now.
listings in NorthEast Pelion
Hi in regards to your message about the listings that i've made in the NorthEast Pelion region - Greece, the 2 hotels that i tried to list have the same website: http://www.gopelion.com. Which looks like a local info guide but its not. It's the actual webpage of Victoria Guest House & Ghermaniko Hotel.
Damouchari is not big but it has some history and if you want i can add it as well.
Ok i have changed it and added some information as well in the page! Thanks alot! Do you want me to add Damouchari at the region's (Northeast Pelio) page as well?
I was quite interested in your edit summary when you reverted me saying "his info does not belong here, this is Wikitravel, not the Economist". Which on-line style guide do you prefer we reference?
Even after 10 years of Wikitravel, there are still inevitably gaps in our own Manual of Style. Rather than leave inconsistent usage to develop within and between articles I suggested that any lacunae can be filled by reference to respected on-line Style Guides. I didn't suggest using Wikipedia, because it more often is in direct conflict with the style advice that we have developed here over the years.
This is the entry that I inserted that you reverted without providing what I would regard as a reasonable rationale:
- "Where our own Manual of Style is silent on a particular point, the on-line Style Guide of The Economist may offer useful guidance."
One reason I picked "The Economist" is that it is available on-line without paying a subscription. Although it is written in the non-US variety of English that is used in more countries than the US variety (see EngVar) it is widely distributed and respected in the US, too.
I'd welcome reading your ideas here, Astrid: Wikitravel_talk:Manual_of_style#Gaps_in_our_MoS. Keep warm! --W. Franke-mailtalk 08:57, 14 October 2013 (EDT)
- Frank, please discuss first changes to the policy pages with the rest of the community and don't change things on your own. We would appreciate that. Thanks! IBAlex (talk) 13:17, 14 October 2013 (EDT)
- I think we're going over old ground again here, Alex.
- I think you realise that you were hired as an IBadmin, in a time of crisis, about 6 years after I started editing here.
- Now you have as much right to change the rules about Consensus as anyone else here. But that should be done in one of two ways:
- either by Internet Brands making an announcement as to what rules they wish to change
- or by discussing the changes you wish in the usual way and then, if there is a consensus implementing them.
- Until most of the community packed their bags and left, editors had always plunged forward with any policy changes they thought desirable. If nobody objected, the change became hallowed by time as a new consensual policy. If somebody objected, they reverted the edit (as Astrid has done with my MoS addition but then the objection needs to be explained rationally on the plicy article's discussion page (as Astrid or you or anyone else still has to do...). Out of that discussion the policy evolves. That's the wiki way. Now I realise that all IBadmins are very busy reverting spam and vandalism, but if you ever get the time it would be great if you actually took the time to read and understand some of our longstanding basic policy pages. --W. Franke-mailtalk 13:35, 14 October 2013 (EDT)
- Frank, I hate to have to jump in here -- and I will make every effort to avoid engaging you with your circular arguments that we've admonished you for many times. But let me be very clear: you are not to make any changes to Wikitravel policy pages, period. This goes for templates as well. Stick to destination article contributions. If there is a policy or template change you're interested in discussing, you may raise the issue on the Pub. If you are engaged on the pub on a policy point, we may discuss it there. If not, we won't. But you are not to make unilateral changes. I am not interested in hearing your rationalizations or reading any evidence you feel supports your side of this. If you keep it up, your next suspension will be permanent. I hope that's not necessary. --IBobi (talk) 15:53, 14 October 2013 (EDT)
Unfortunately you reverted some good edits on the California page, commenting "Links to secundary sites are not allowed here, also no need to add all airline links in this article. If you have any questions, please let us know."
In my view, your reversion was in the face of our established policy, since we distinguish between primary links and SECONDARY links, but heck, what do I know, I've only been curating this site for seven years. 511.org is the OFFICIAL Metropolitan Transportation Commission website. See xl for our current policy! --W. Franke-mailtalk 09:03, 13 October 2013 (EDT)
- Welcome back W. Frank, looks like you have been busy again. Looking again at those links, you are probably right, I saw two links both with the name 511.org, I was probably wrong in considering those as secundary sources. However, the first one is already mentioned on the San_Francisco page, so I would remove this one again, to avoid the same links on several pages. The second link would be more suited on the Los_Angeles page, as it mainly covers the Los Angeles Metroplex. Listing all the airlines makes the article look cluttered with links, while those airlines can be easily found by the traveler, but I will just bring that up as a discussion point, in order not to upset anyone unnecessary. Have a great afternoon!Adzas (talk) 12:01, 13 October 2013 (EDT)
- I appreciate that with the amount of spam you are having to deal with you're bound to make a few slips. We do walk a tightrope with anon editors, though and the trick is to get them to register an account and to help fight spam. You've been kind enough to leave a message on the anon's user talk page, so it might be an idea to be ultra-conciliatory now and encourage them to register and continue to actively contribute. Your final arbiter should always be to consider what is helpful to the travelling reader, so it may often be entirely appropriate to have a link to an official public transport site on several different destination pages.
- If the hyperlinks are properly formatted as frontlinks they are less obtrusive - but I realise that correction of formatting requires more time and effort than just hitting the revert button. Keep warm! --W. Franke-mailtalk 12:51, 13 October 2013 (EDT)
Hi, you recently deleted Karachi/East Karachi and Malir because all the content was copy pasted from another wiki. Can you also delete Karachi/Central and West Karachi and Karachi/South Karachi since the content was copied from another wiki. thanks
- I want to interrupt. Another wiki has copied the entire articles from Wikitravel that i've contributed (referring to the main Karachi article). This way we will have to delete the entire articles from another wiki as well. I dont see this as any major issue as others will plunge these articles forward. Zoltrix
- It is important to try to verify when the original writing was done; if we can verify (by using another wiki's timestamped history, for example) that the contribution was made elsewhere first, and therefore was then copied to Wikitravel, we need to remove the Wikitravel info. If it is not possible to determine where the info was first written, we need to leave the Wikitravel part where it is until and unless we receive a notice to take it down from the copyright holder. Otherwise we run the risk of removing content that was in fact actually first written at Wikitravel and subsequently copied to another site. before removing anything from Wikitravel, please endeavor to make this thorough check. --IBobi (talk) 15:39, 15 October 2013 (EDT)
- From the timestamp in the article history it looks like Karachi/East Karachi and Malir was created first on the other wiki. Therefore, I will have to delete the page here. Zoltrix, I noticed that on Wikitravel we have 2 separate articles- East Karachi and Malir. Would you like to plunge forward and add your contributions there? We would greatly appreciate that. I know that you have already helped us a lot with Karachi article and it looks like you're an expert here. Warm regards, IBAlex (talk) 16:00, 15 October 2013 (EDT)
Hi Azdas You reverted my pages
Obviously I want to stay in the guidelines because the is a great resource. The Listings I put up are no different than this one http://wikitravel.org/en/Albufeira They just formatted their description different.
I read the guidelines and the business address is given.
These are for short term holidays the same as a hotel.
These are not permanent residence listings.
The one I don't see is the consensus. There isn't a difference with resorts that offer villas and apartments or offering villas. If my description needs work I will certainly do it. Might we talk?
Thanks much, and actually thanks for looking out for me on my first day.
George —The preceding comment was added by Gheliason (talk • contribs)
- Thanks for your message George, and again welcome to Wikitravel! I can see your point, the formatting of the listings was ok, but in general we don´t add booking sites for apartment rentals, and if it is decided that a listing is ok to keep, then we don´t add the same listing to various pages, only to one page/article, of the place where the business has an actual office. For that reason yours were removed. Also, using Albufeira as the example, there are so many real estate agents there who are also renting out apartments and villas, we don´t want them all to list their business, Wikitravel would become a Yellow pages which we want to avoid. If you still feel your listing should be added, then please discuss on the Talk page first. I hope this clarifies your question. Don´t hesitate to contact me if anything else, we appreciate your time and efforts and hope to see valuable travel information from you here on Wikitravel! Kind regards, Astrid Adzas (talk) 11:16, 24 October 2013 (EDT)
- Hi again, And thanks again. I can see why you thought I was spamming you now. I wasn't thinking about what I was doing and thought they were separate articles, not the same. My bad on that one. Yes, I would like the listing but only one location for each site. One in Algarve and the other in Costa del Sol. All the villas are locally owned and maintained. Another thing that may be a resource for you if you are interested. In Algarve there is a group called "Playocean." Its businesses from each town in the Golden Triangle. http://www.playocean.net/en/portugal/beachesThey would really be a great resource to your article. If you want to know what to do in Algarve, these are the tourist businesses. We joined in with them but haven't had time to be active yet. They have their community through facebook pages and support each other alot. If you want I can contact them. Let me know "how" you would want them listed. I honestly want to promote the local businesses. They are very kind people.I can also write about some of the less known venues, activities etc. The area has a lot to offer. Best regards, George —The preceding comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk • contribs)
- Hello George, thanks again for your feedback as well. Don´t worry, I was not thinking that you were spamming, just the links did not meet our policies and guidelines. Having looked at the links again, I still believe they are not meeting our listing requirements. The Golden Triangle site also offers Real Estate for sale, and the Azure Holidays link covers different countries and does not have physical offices in those places, which is a requirement for a listing. To reach consensus about this subject (as you say you do want those listings) will have to go via the talk page of the articles (talk page) so others can add their input, not just me. With regards to the Playocean site, this is seen as a secondary source, which we also don´t add to our articles. We prefer that all the information can be found on Wikitravel itself, so we would like to ask you to share your knowledge and write the information in the actual articles, instead of adding links. I hope this makes sense. Again, any questions, please let us know. Adzas (talk) 17:59, 24 October 2013 (EDT)
Jodhpur entry reversions
You replied to my additions on the Jodhpur page with "I did have to revert the listing you added for an online shop".
I checked the history for the entry.
Well, I did not make that entry myself.
Apparently, either my new user account has been compromised right from the start, as I createrd it through my hotels' wifi connection or someone is inserting stuff right into a connection.
Unfortunately, I could not find a way to access WikiTravel through a secure connection (https?)
Would that be available?
- I just added a response on your talk page. Thanks! Adzas (talk) 07:18, 1 November 2013 (EDT)
Mae Sai commercial link vs. discussion of general minibus options
Hello, I don't understand your revert of my improvements to the Mae Sai page. You put back a commercial link, removing my more general discussion of Minibuses. Please advise. --jeffmcneill (talk) 23:24, 29 November 2013 (EST)
- Thanks for the clarification Adzas, I thought it was something like that. Appreciate your kind response. --jeffmcneill (talk) 22:13, 30 November 2013 (EST)
Deletions Alledaagse Waanzin
Dear Azdas, Thank you for commenting on your deletion of my addings to certain articles. I can see what you mean with "same listing" and the same links. I will make a change to that for the next time I will post the addings to the same articles. I would like to have Oceanwide Expeditions added to these articles. These are articles that do not mention external cruise travel or articles that only mention the ships from Oceanwide. And even more to those articles that mention one operator as the only one available or articles that give a bad reputation towards cruise companies, while other travel opportunities are being praised. The reason for adding Oceanwide Expeditions is that it takes companies like Oceanwide Expeditions to have people visit these destinations. So can you tell me how a good listing looks like? So I won't be reverted again. Best regards, Alledaagse Waanzin. —The preceding comment was added by Alledaagse Waanzin (talk • contribs)
- Hello Alledaagse Waanzin, thank you for your message. Your original listing itself was ok, we decided to leave it on the Antarctica page as the information could benefit the traveler. But Wikitravel is not meant to be an advertising portal, so adding the same company name or information or link to various articles, that is just against our policy so it would be reverted again should you re-ad. As you have so much experience in that area, we rather have you write about the actual destinations, and find other sources to promote outside Wikitravel. I would also like to invite you to contribute on the dutch wikitravel site (obviously the same rules apply there) but the Antarctica article there Antarctica could use some more expert information. Thanks again for your efforts, we are looking forward to your contributions. Kind regards, Adzas (talk) 06:38, 24 November 2013 (EST)
- Dear Azdas, I understand what you mean with the multiple listings. However I do feel it will make a difference to have Oceanwide Expeditions listed next to the other operators for the Ross Sea destination. Oceanwide Expeditions is one of the 3 IAATO member operators who makes landings at the ross sea and provides "as the only one" helicopter voyages across the Ross Sea departing from the ship. Since I saw the mishappening with the content from my post for the Ross Sea, I will make this accurate. Please let me know if it still possible to have Oceanwide Expeditions listed for the Ross Sea.
Newly created (Spam) pages - where to report?
Hello there, sorry to bother you. I noticed these two pages <http://wikitravel.org/en/Special:Contributions/AntjeDesailly> which are spam, but I am unsure where to report them to be deleted? Thank you for your help. I looked around Wikitravel but couldn't find where to report such things. Thanks again. --jeffmcneill (talk) 03:29, 1 December 2013 (EST)
- Hey Jeff! Thank you for your question! Spam pages are being deleted "on the go" by our admins and usually don't stay longer than few hours on the website. We have about 10 active admins who patrol the site regularly during different time zones. If you see that some spam pages stay on the Wikitravel longer, please add them to our Vfd page. Me and other admins are watching this page and we would certainly take immediate steps to delete the spammy pages. Thanks a lot for caring! We appreciate your presence here. Warm regards, IBAlex (talk) 19:23, 2 December 2013 (EST)
Yogyakarta entry reversion
Dear Adzas, thank you for your comment. You are absolutely right about what you are saying. I will try to integrate it wisely within the Indonesia article. Warm regards, Clemens MY (talk) 17:37, 7 December 2013 (MYT)
Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai in 3 Days
I've put an explanation in the discussion page for:
I was deleting my own entry that was infact text that was largely duplicated under the revised layout but was not properly logged in so it appeared as an anonymous update. —The preceding comment was added by Snoop-dawg (talk • contribs)
- Thanks for your message! Do you know that area very well? The article does not really meet Wikitravel criteria, so if you want to help to move the information to the Northern_Thailand article that would be great. We appreciate your efforts! Kind regards, Adzas (talk) 07:39, 31 December 2013 (EST)
Unaccompanied minor in Russia
Hope it is better now. I come from Wikipedia and I am new to this site. I do not understand yet how the correctness of article is checked and maintained without citations to sources. 184.108.40.206 04:40, 7 January 2014 (EST)
- Thanks for checking and re-adding your information. We greatly appreciate your contributions so if any further questions, don´t hesitate to ask. Kind regards, Adzas (talk) 04:52, 7 January 2014 (EST)
HELLO Adzas,, I still don't know how to write a normal message/email to you and would like that you help me with that! Please..!—The preceding comment was added by Blackduck (talk • contribs)
- You do great work fighting linkspam, but you need to be a bit more careful with discussion pages for articles.
- With this edit you interrupted the very discussion you were invited to comment on above!
- Wikitravel:External links is principally concerned about external links in aricles - not ongoing policy discussions! The direct quote from that (current) page is:
- "This rule applies to main namespace articles; it does not prevent people citing URIs in support of their arguments on discussion pages or in how-to-do-it or on policy pages in Wiktravel namespace like this" (Wikitravel:External links) "one!" --Ttcf (talk) 13:46, 27 February 2014 (EST)
- I do feel that this is an important point that I am trying to communicate here, Adzas and I would appreciate a response - either that I'm mistaken or that you understand that you were mistaken. Just deleting my comment without any response (not even in the edit summary) doesn't really progress matters... --Ttcf (talk) 17:38, 3 March 2014 (EST)
I am writing a story in which the main characters board a passenger liner on 19 January 1919 in Bordeaux for the return trip to the United States. I assume the Garrone and Gironde Rivers are relatively shallow, and passenger ships could only set sail at high tide. Do you know the distance and the time it took to travel between Bordeuax and open water? Is there anything distinctive about this voyage along these two rivers?
- Hello Dennis! Since Astrid cannot answer right now, allow me to answer for her. As a matter of fact, your questions are very specific and I'm afraid if the questions you ask do have an answer, these would be available only in French, such as  and , and related links. To sum up, both belong to the system of the "Canaux du Midi" (Canals of the South[ern France]) and both are indeed subjects to tides, at least to some extent. My humble suggestion would be to open a subject on the Discussion page of pages such Southwestern France or Bordeaux. Good luck in your researches!
(You'll notice I removed some private details of yours, only to protect your privacy. Feel free to create an account for a better communication.
Cheers! PierrB (talk) 14:25, 2 July 2014 (EDT)
Hi there, I must apologize first sorry I didn't see that section of the spam list advising against adding hotels so sorry about that. However I do appreciate that you don't want the entire page to become like trip adviser just advertising hotel after hotel, but if you look at the hotel in particular I was trying to add to the page it actually offered a cheaper rate of stay than any of the other ones available. So surely wouldn't you want to have the extremes of both ends of the scale. Showing the users what they can get with a large amount of money but also showing what can be bought with no money. As a budget traveler I always look for the cheapest option and the ones shown in the budget section are to costly for my budget, however I can stay at the yellow inn quite happily because of the rate they charge. And I just thought that other people travelling in a similar style to me would have appreciated having this information before they got to Kathmandu. Thank you for you time. —The preceding comment was added by Joejohnson36 (talk • contribs)
My self a wildlife photographer and traveller and I have been doing this for more than five years. Since my job is to go to the remote places of Himalayas, specially in Uttarakhand I thought what if I create this article and let others join and give their valuable inputs onto the article Ghatgarh. The inputs that I had put down there, were from true sense and not for any business promotional activities. I have personally gathered all those informations from my November '13 trip to Ghatgarh, Uttarakhand, India. That is why I thought it would be great to put down informations about that place. Very little information is available in other forums.
Let me know your concern Adzas, how can you improve this article?
DibyenduDibyendu Ash (talk) 14:08, 14 March 2014 (EDT)
- Hello Dibyendu Ash, thank you very much for your message, greatly appreciated. My main concern was that part of the text was copied from another source. On Wikitravel we want original content, so if you are also the writer of the text on the other website, please adjust it slightly so it does not look like copied content. Is Ghatgarh a small village? For each type of articles we have templates so in order to add the correct template I needed to know more information, so we can add it. It sounds like you are visiting interesting places and we do hope you will share your information and knowledge here, so if any further questions, please let us know. Looking forward to seeing more of your edits! Kind regards, Adzas (talk) 17:11, 14 March 2014 (EDT)
Gran Parque Natural Topes de Collantes
Hi Adzas, I'm writing regarding the Gran Parque Natural Topes de Collantes page. You have reverted my changes, I have added a price table as an image. The thing is that I cannot see the price table which you have added. Could you please check it. —The preceding comment was added by Zywiol (talk • contribs)
- Hi, thanks for your message. The reason I reverted the picture of the price table is that articles would become very cluttered if pictures of price and opening time tables would be added to all venues, it is much easier to add the prices to the actual listings, using the listings format so it can also be easily changed when prices change. Also for those travelers printing out the guides the information would be hard to read. Please see our Image policy for more information. I didn´t add any other price table, if you want you can add the information to the actual listings. I hope this helps, please let us know if any further questions. We are looking forward to further contributions from you! Kind regards, Adzas (talk) 17:30, 14 March 2014 (EDT)
Hi Azdas, How are you? sorry for disturbing you. I noticed you reverted my contribution to the article Alghero learn. I was wondering if there was something wrong in what I wrote. Could you be so kind to help me in letting me know how I can contribute to your useful web page?
thanks a lot,
looking forward to hearing from you and best regards —The preceding comment was added by Mariaitaliano (talk • contribs)
Hello, thank you for your message. I reverted your listing as you used first person pronouns in the text. I sent you a message on your own talk page,just have a look at the blue links which describes our guidelines about this, which will help you before you re-add the listing. We appreciate your efforts and are looking forward to seeing more edits from you on Wikitravel! Kind regards, Adzas (talk) 08:44, 20 March 2014 (EDT)
It was a mistake cotributing to wikitravel.I wont be doing it again.I couldnt care less.
—The preceding comment was added by User:Barana (talk • contribs)
Hi Adzas, deletion of restaurant listing.
I understand your reasoning for the deletion [too many restaurants already, doesn't add value] - but I see there have been some other restaurant listings added this year - so where does the distinction start?
This is a new restaurant opened in recent months and shouldn't be discriminated from a wikitravel listing because it is late to the party - happy to rewrite the listing to add more value - can you help?
Thanks —The preceding comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs)
Kathmandu: I am not sure why you deleted the text in the "Buy" section Kathmandu. I did not even add this to Wikitravel and I did not take this from any other pages. Please explain.
Perissa google maps links revert
Thank you for reviewing my changes to Perissa page.
I would like to know what the problem with links to Google Maps is?
There are no official websites for those businesses, so I don't see any other way to provide valuable directions for users.
Should we use something like Wikipedia does?
--Ahippo (talk) 05:26, 18 June 2014 (EDT)
- Hello, thank you for your message. If the business does not have an official website, just put the address in the listing, and if you have the geo-location, that will help. We just don´t want to fill articles with lots of links to maps and other sources of every single location. If a map is required in the article itself, we try to create our own. Please have a look at Mapmaking if this would interest you. Just add as much information as possible to the article itself, so travelers who print out the travelguide have all the information readily available. We are looking forward to further edits from you. Any questions, let us know. Kind regards, Adzas (talk) 11:15, 18 June 2014 (EDT)
- Hi Adzas,
- Thank you for your reply!
- A map looks like an overkill there, so I'll probably add a short textual description.
- Ahippo (talk) 04:41, 27 June 2014 (EDT)
http://wikitravel.org/wiki/en/index.php?title=Mynzhilki&action=history Please work with the writers to move this information to a destination page. It does not appear that Mynzhilki is a destination, but a site to see. As such, it should not have its own page. IBobi (talk) 20:08, 30 June 2014 (EDT)
Dalat Accommodation Edit
I noticed you reverted my contribution to the Dalat page. I understand what you mean about not wanting WikiTravel to be a "yellow pages", but I still believe that my addition is worthwhile to travellers. Beepub is a newly-renovated hostel that is quite unique compared to the other standard guesthouses in town. I have been travelling for seven years and do not use guide books, instead relying on information from the internet and in particular WikiTravel. Having the most up-to-date and beneficial information available is important to people like myself and others who depend on this site. Adding a tour company that offers nothing different to the others in town would be obsolete, but in the case of this hostel it is quite relevant.
As for the site, I checked it out myself and am unsure how it could be seen as a tour booking site when it is simply the hostels page. Nothing mentioned about tours at all, only accommodation.
I re-added the listing but then reverted back to your original change. I did not want to be seen as 'spamming' WikiTravel. However I still think that it should be reconsidered. I stumbled upon this place by accident but for the sake of customer satisfaction when seeking the best and cheapest options in a town it deserves to be on WikiTravel.
Interested to hear what you think.
Jazza. —The preceding comment was added by NOMADasaurus (talk • contribs)
Dalat Accommodation Edit
No worries Adzas. Thanks for the message. Not sure why there was that strange redirection to the other site. I have added my submission again and deleted a duplicate entry that was in there. Same place but one entry was using the Vietnamese name and the entry was using the English name. I will go over the Dalat page in a bit more detail later and see if there are any other issues I can fix. Thanks very much Adzas. Happy to help contribute to this great site. —The preceding comment was added by NOMADasaurus (talk • contribs)
Why did you delete pretty much 100% of what I wrote? That was information that was needed, and took a long time to write. I see you've never had the experience of being a vegetarian in Japan, have you. People like you are why Wikitravel got forked. I'll take my future contributions to the Wikimedia fork then, shall I, Mr "King of the entire Japan section of Wikitravel". —The preceding comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs)
- Thank you for your comments. After having checked the edit again, I see I left the listing itself there (so did not remove about 100%) but there is no need to discuss the menu indepth, and the link added is a Japanese site, (does not seem to have an english version) reason why that was removed too. When we revert edits you can always re-write the edit or discuss on the discussion page of the article. I am not a vegetarian, but I have been to Japan, there is no need to use the tone that you are. We are all working here on the articles with the best intentions, and there are many admins here available to discuss any questions you may have. We appreciate everyone´s contributions, so please feel free to have another look at our guidelines and add further valuable information if you like. To start it is a good idea to create an account, so we can get to know you and your edits. Thanks and kind regards, Adzas (talk) 13:46, 19 July 2014 (EDT)
New in this project and concierge specialized in Spain, I would be glad to participate but seems I might not understand well how it works. Help will be much appreciate and feedback on what I wrote would be more than helpful. Thanks Adzas to reply to me if you have time.
Although I understand your comment about some items not being in the city itself but places like Rotterdam, Amsterdam etc all do the same. Also they are so close by and a page about the other towns will never be created so how do I do that do then ?
Ow and forgot to login :) —The preceding comment was added by Radius (talk • contribs)
Luang Prabang Tour Company
I want to address the issue of 'general tour planning' on my edit to the Luang Prabang "Do" section. I know that you have previously stated that you do not want wikitravel to become a yellow pages, but I followed all the guidelines when adding this listing. I do not want Wikitravel being over crowded either. I very much appreciated my tour that I booked with this tour company (Tiger Trail), and so I wanted to add them to the page because they offer some lower rates than others. If you take a look at the listing of Green Discovery Laos, it is very similar to Tiger Trail. Both companies were, in fact, created in 2000 - and both offer alternative ways to experience Luang Prabang and Laos through eco-tourism and the fair-trek initiative. I do not know what is the justification of one tour company that plans 'general tours' over another? The other listing, Discovering Laos, is again a very similar general tour company. This is my first time on Wikitravel, and I love to use this resource for when I travel. How can I safely edit or add listings on any pages if I am afraid now of my contributions being deleted the next day?
Thank you, and I appreciate your help.
Kwagner (talk) 01:44, 6 September 2014 (EDT)Kyle
Dear Adzas, I wuld like to join your naturism page but every time I tried to write there the text will be canceled. Can you contact me at [email protected]? Thank you. —The preceding comment was added by Cele5025 (talk • contribs)
- Answered on talk and Wikitravel NL facebook page. Thanks for your input! Adzas (talk) 11:30, 23 May 2016 (EDT)
Dear Adzas,I want to discuss something with links to other websites with you. But the spam control doesn't allow me. Can you help me? --Hindustanilanguage (talk) 10:39, 11 September 2014 (EDT)
- I think I am not being able to communicate thinks properly to you. The problem I see here is external linking here seems to be quite restricted.
h t t p : // m e t a. w i k i m e d i a . o r g/w i k i / U s e r : H i n d u s t a n i l a n g u a g e / s a n d b o x 2
Can you refer to the above link without space?
I just need to exchange communication with the users on their talkpage NOT WRITE ARTICLES here on the survey and spoil the goodwork you guys are doing. --Hindustanilanguage (talk) 14:24, 11 September 2014 (EDT)
pls chk the pic & respond - i cannot send the message because of Salem's Lot 9 error
http://snag.gy/rx8aw.jpg --Hindustanilanguage (talk) 08:59, 22 September 2014 (EDT)
- Hey there, Hindustanilanguage. Unfortunately, Wikitravel doesn't provide access statistics in the way WV does. Please accept our apologies. IBcaldera (talk) 13:17, 22 September 2014 (EDT)
revert for Amed, Apa Kabar Restaurant in Eat section
Hi Adzas. Noted your reason for removing the Apa Kabar Restaurant listing, but I think it is a valid listing, as the restaurant is open to the public not just villa guests. Saying that, I have a suggestion for this page: establish a "Resorts" section, which can list all the resorts with combined listings for their accomodation and restaurants. Would that be OK? YunZ —The preceding comment was added by YunZ (talk • contribs)
- Hi, thanks for your comment. When adding a listing, you will just need to decide which part of the business you want to stand out, whether you want it mentioned in the sleep, drink or eat section. There are many hotels that have a seperate bar or restaurant, this can be mentioned in the listing itself, but only in oneBold text of the categories. So no need to create a a seperate Resort section. If any further questions, please let us know. Kind regards, Adzas (talk) 09:43, 23 September 2014 (EDT)
Why did you revert my edit on the Barcelona page? You literally said "please see discussion on Talk:Barcelona" as the reason for removing my edit, yet I just went through the entire talk page discussion and the edit I had reverted to was the one that had already been discussed in the talk page and that had been left by a user named "IBAlex" (read the part where he says "Based on what was said, I left..."). I was just reverting to that original version discussed in the talk page because the most recent version that had been left was unnecessarily split into 2 sections with the 2nd section written very poorly with typos and poor grammar as you can see here. I don't care if you want to remove that section entirely, but why did you accuse me of going against the discussions on the page when it was in fact you who was going against it and obviously did not read it? Please clarify. 22.214.171.124 11:19, 14 October 2014 (EDT)
- Hi,thank you for your comment. I am not accusing anyone of anything, I just pointed out that there was a discussion about those listings, and all three were removed in October 2013, so I think it should be discussed first before adding them back. See part two of the discussion () Adzas (talk) 12:10, 14 October 2014 (EDT)
- What you linked to is an argument between 2 individuals. What does that argument have to do with the consensus that was reached by multiple people (which I linked to above) for that section and which was the version I reverted to? You mentioned that those listings had been removed, but that's not true, because what prompted me to edit that section was the 360 Running Tour listing which was still there and which was so poorly written with typos and bad grammar (again, as I linked to above). So I went ahead and reverted to the original version, which happened to be the version that had already been discussed and reached by consensus (no surprise there considering it's written a lot better), and then you quickly undid my reversion citing the very same discussion page that shows the consensus that I had actually reverted to? That doesn't make any sense. If you don't want any listings in that section, then just say so and that's fine as it won't make any difference to me, just don't make a quick edit undoing someone's work and then tell that person to see a discussion page that actually shows what they did was correct, or that it needs to be "discussed first" when what they did had already been discussed with a consensus already reached. Please clarify. 126.96.36.199 13:56, 14 October 2014 (EDT)
- Hello, I apologize about the misunderstanding. Adzas just happens to be gifted with a particularly strong memory. One year back, those edits were removed with reason - one year forward they popped up again as you made some (much needed)edits in grammar and punctuation(honestly my favorite types of edits to see on here). Thank you, Adzas for remembering those listings and thank you 188.8.131.52 for taking it upon yourself to making this guide as correct as possible. Sidenote - I got a chance to look through the listings that were removed and unfortunately they are free, non-value added tours which are against Wikitravel's community policies. So they would have been removed anyway. If you have anymore thoughts or comments, please feel free to write on my talk page. Thanks again! IBcaldera (talk) 14:30, 14 October 2014 (EDT)
- IBcaldera, thank you for clarifying with specifics. 184.108.40.206 12:28, 17 October 2014 (EDT)
- Anytime, looking forward to reading more of your work! IBcaldera (talk) 14:06, 17 October 2014 (EDT)
Missed talk page
Hello, I don't know if you've meant to leave it, but I've noticed that you didn't delete HarrietZ79's talk page. If it wasn't meant to be left, could you delete it please? Since there is no reason now for it to be still around. Seqqis (talk) 20:34, 27 October 2014 (EDT)
- Hi, thanks for letting me know, missed that one, it has been deleted. Adzas (talk) 10:31, 28 October 2014 (EDT)
I was adding new information yesterday about Wild Tracks, on safari and sleeping. You deleted both and I wonder why? You said there are too many listings of sleeping, but the sleeping I added is in a guest house and different to the other offers. Please, tell me what is needed to make the information stay on the page. —The preceding comment was added by Jorina (talk • contribs)
I've responded at Talk:Phang Nga --Ttcf (talk) 21:17, 11 November 2014 (EST)
Should we "recommend"?
I was perturbed by this edit of yours, which restored the phrase "Some recommended places to go are:".
I'll go and hunt for the source, but certainly a few years back we had a distinct policy not to recommend anything (except, perhaps for sun block or malaria prophylactics...) --Ttcf (talk) 17:59, 22 November 2014 (EST)
I've still not found the reference I was looking for, but wta has stated since 2007: "Recommended by whom? Wikitravel is too big to make recommendations. Simply add descriptive listings." --Ttcf (talk) 18:37, 22 November 2014 (EST)
- Hi, thanks for all the research, but no need for all that, obviously I missed that part, if you look at the edit history, I removed a travel agent listing, I must have restored that sentence that you are refering to at the same time, my mistake. Thanks! Adzas (talk) 18:58, 22 November 2014 (EST)
- Fair enough. Since I don't like reverting other productive editors unless it's completely unavoidable, perhaps you would go back and revert to my version then? --Ttcf (talk) 19:05, 22 November 2014 (EST)
- The correction has already been made. Adzas (talk) 19:07, 22 November 2014 (EST)
- Thanks! --Ttcf (talk) 19:21, 22 November 2014 (EST)
Please do not edit lake toba get in,because this information about transport very important to traveller who comes to lake toba,especially our country indonesia,please help our area about information for they trip,because to lake toba hard to find information about transport.thank you
Hello Adzas Shared transport already make travellers trip become terrible in our country.
They don't have much car and good management. Price also higher than that.
Too many travellers complaining about local services,they always miss their flight on the way back from lake toba. Medandriver (talk) 12:56, 23 April 2018 (EDT)
I have gone through various edits before publishing the tours on Amritsar page. Please go through the discussions on amritsar page for further reference. —The preceding comment was added by Jugaadu (talk • contribs)
Deleting a section with no explanation
Hi recently someone keep deleting Do section in Na'in page with no explanation.
his IP is : 220.127.116.11
how about something more that oral advice?blocking his IP for a week or less?
NAINTOURS (talk) 05:23, 13 January 2015 (EST)
how about delete two more pictures on the other sections but let the picture of the section Do remain?
NAINTOURS (talk) 10:58, 13 January 2015 (EST)
- I will leave that to you, just exchange the ones you wish to keep. Thank you! Adzas (talk) 11:14, 13 January 2015 (EST)
Thank you Sir. this is much better.NAINTOURS (talk) 03:38, 14 January 2015 (EST)
I appreciate your help and guidance over the wikitravel issues.
i upload one of my own photo in December 2013:
recently some one who has several profile in wikitravel let's say stole my photo (i have'nt uploaded this one in any other website) and pose it as his own work in November 2014:
where should i report?
thank you.NAINTOURS (talk) 06:40, 21 January 2015 (EST)
- Hello, thank you for your message. When uploading pictures to Wikitravel, you are releasing it to the public, so anyone could use the picture, but it has to be attributed correctly. Looking at the talk page of the person who added it to wikimedia, this picture shows already as being reported as a copyright violation. It is probably best if you contact someone at Wikimedia Commons directly to advise them you are the creator of that picture, so they can remove it or adjust its contribution, we don´t have access to that site. I hope this helps, let me know if anything else ok? Adzas (talk) 09:18, 21 January 2015 (EST)
Astrid. "this picture shows already as being reported as a copyright violation." i didn't get your point about this one. can you simplify it . thank you NAINTOURS (talk) 05:40, 22 January 2015 (EST)
- On Wikimedia Commons the picture shows as reported, so you would need to contact someone there to remove it. If you can let me know in which article it is used or where I can find it on Shared I can check it there as well. Adzas (talk) 07:17, 22 January 2015 (EST)
Actually at the time it doesn't use in any article. just you can find it in the wikimedia categories. I'm really thankful for your help.
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Varzaneh NAINTOURS (talk)
- Hello again, I also thought the picture is only used on Wikimedia Commons, so you will have to contact admin there to either remove that picture from their site or to adjust the attribution. There is not much I can do here, sorry! Adzas (talk) 12:41, 22 January 2015 (EST)
Thank you Sir. NAINTOURS (talk) 08:55, 23 January 2015 (EST)