Hello AVLann! Welcome to Wikitravel.
To help get you started contributing, we've created a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and style, as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page.
If you need help, check out Wikitravel:Help, or post a message in the travellers' pub. – cacahuate talk 19:28, 8 July 2007 (EDT)
Sorry that nobody was able to move your old username to the new one quickly, only User:Evan has the ability to do that and he's not usually around on the weekends – cacahuate talk 19:28, 8 July 2007 (EDT)
This image is specified on the website source you provided as "all rights reserved", so unless you have written permission which you can show proof of, we'll need to delete it. – cacahuate talk 19:28, 8 July 2007 (EDT)
I just wanted to stop by and thank you for all the good edits you have been putting in over the past few days—they do not go unnoticed and are much appreciated. Keep up the good work! --Peter Talk 20:08, 10 July 2007 (EDT)
- Ditto from me. I'm really pleased to see you doing so many MoS edits. Much appreciated. OldPine 19:55, 16 July 2007 (EDT)
Hello again! I was in Asheville for th 4th of July and really enjoyed the city; I'd like to help out with all the great work you have been putting into the article, and I think the best way would be to create a tourist-style map (examples). My hunch is that a large scale map, including a downtown blowup, would be best, but perhaps we could instead just do two maps: downtown and West Asheville. Since I'm far from an expert, I would need some guidance, especially with general boundaries. --Peter Talk 01:15, 22 July 2007 (EDT)
- Thanks for those map links; your directions were refreshingly clear, so I should be able to get started. I'm going to start with a street grid of downtown, using the street boundaries you gave me. Recently the siren song of real life has been distracting me a bit from Wikitravel, so I make no promises with how fast I'll do this, but I'll see what I can do ;) But it shouldn't be too bad, much more straightforward than some other maps I've struggled with recently. --Peter Talk 18:12, 24 July 2007 (EDT)
- Sorry to have taken so long with this! I have a downtown map pretty much ready; all that is left is to add listings (see, do, eat, sleep, etc). But before I do that I wanted to ask you, are the listings for downtown pretty much complete? After putting the listings on the map, it becomes very tedious to change the order of the map's lists, which I generally like to keep in order according to how they are listed on the article itself. Also, I think the sports, theaters, and live music venues (that aren't lounges/bars/nightclubs, which belong in "drink") all belong under "do," per Wikitravel:Where you can stick it. Anyway, the map SVG file is located here, please see Wikitravel:How to draw a map for instructions on editing it, if you feel so inclined (I would also be glad to help with any map-making or SVG-editing questions). --Peter Talk 04:24, 3 August 2007 (EDT)
- Hey Ann, I think we're ready to put the listings on the map and get it uploaded. Would you do me a favor and cut and paste a list of the listings for each section that should go on the downtown map? I don't know off hand which are actually downtown or not, so that would save me a lot of time in getting the map finished. You could paste the list here if you like: User:Peterfitzgerald/Asheville map. --Peter Talk 16:37, 27 August 2007 (EDT)
MOS editing for phone numbers is a pain... thanks for cleaning it up. --Tom
By Air or By Plane?
Hi Ann, I've noticed you are changing headings from By Air to By Plane. You might want to exchange messages with the creator(s) of the templates as they seem to plug in the heading By Air. No need to do double-work if this can be standardized. Gamweb 15:05, 30 July 2007 (EDT)
- By plane is correct, that's what's on the current article templates – cacahuate talk 19:01, 30 July 2007 (EDT)