Ullal is a city in Dakshina Kannada, a coastal region of the Indian province of Karnataka.
From Mangalore by road, by bus no 44A, 44D, 44C, By auto rikshaw Rs.150, by Taxi Rs.250, by train ( at the Ullal Station) 2 km from the city center.
By car, taxi or autorickshaw, cycle, walking.
- Ullal Beach,
- Someshwar Temple,
- Ullal Darga, Kotepura,
- Jain temple ruins,
- Summer Sands Beach Resort,
- Several hindu temples especially during a festival,
- Replica of an ancient arab dhow under construction at the riverside boatyard forever. Looks like Noah's ark
- Trip to the bar (where the two rivers Nethravathi & Gurpur meet). Here we are on a tongue of land with the sea on one side, the river on the other side with Mangalore city beyond, and the Western Ghats as a back drop.
- Marine processing unit.
- Boat Building / Repairing.
- Lime kilns, dry fish & fish oil extraction at Kotepura.
- Visit the orphanage with handicrafts center (cutwork embroidery) and old age home at the Nirmala Social welfare center.
- Adoption services at the Nirmala Social welfare center. Ph 2465692
- Rope making at Kallappu.
- Eco-trips for experiencing nature, photography or painting / drawing along the coast, rivers, lagoons, backwaters or the countryside.
- Cashew research Center at Thokottu 2 km away ph : 2466249 8AM-5PM, sat 8AM-1PM.
- Swim in the swimming pool at Summer Sands or in the sea,
- Take a boat ride on River Netravati,
- Walk along Ullal bridge,
- Walk along the eroding sea coast
- Walk and shop along ancient Ferry Road
- Cycling (hiring of cycles available in the local village) along the country side & along the back waters & lagoons.
Cycle hire Mr. Roff 2462374, Bike Hire Mr. Praveen 2430288
- Boating in the rivers, back waters & lagoons.
- Fishing in the river.
- Sailing or canoeing in the river in the local dug out boats.
- Cockle picking off the river bed at the Islands in the river.
- Picnic to islands in the river / moon lit picnic to the islands.
- A sojourn with the fishermen on their fishing trips in the sea (sometimes at night) / Shark fishing.
- Picnic to the Someshwara Rock, and Temple (2km. along the beach to the south of Summer Sands Beach resort).
- Insect repellent to save yourself from mosquito bites
- Cut work Embroidery at Nirmal Social welfare center.
Fish Curry, Chicken Curry, Rice, Kori Rotti, Fish Fry
Tender Coconut juice, Sugarcane juice, Toddy