Ucluelet  is a small town on the west coast of Vancouver Island. It is a service center for the fishing industry.
Ucluelet is on Vancouver Island's West Coast, accessible by boat and Highway 4. It is about 100 km southwest of Port Alberni (a 1.5 - 2 hour drive).
This tourist hub is 10 minutes from the Long Beach unit of Pacific Rim National Park. You must travel through Long Beach to get to Tofino. It is a 1/2 hour boat ride to the Broken Group Islands unit of Pacific Rim National Park. It is a small town of approximately 1400 people, built on a protected harbour. One can walk to Wild Pacific Trail and Amphitrite Lighthouse. Big Beach, Terrace Beach and Little Beach quite easily from the centre of town.
Most of the town and surrounding area can be seen by walking and hiking.
Most of the town and surrounding area can be seen by walking and hiking and boating. Car rentals are recommended, although some come in via bus or by passenger ferry (seasonally) from Port Alberni. Bike rentals can be obtained in town, when the bike shop is open.
A complete and updated list of things to do in Ucluelet can be found on the Official Tourism Ucluelet website
- Wild Pacific Trail - Lighthouse Loop, . This is an easy 2.6 km loop which offers breathtaking views of the ocean. The trail is very flat with a lot of scenic viewpoints. edit
- Big Beach, . This is a scenic beach where you can eat or relax at picnic tables or logs in front of the beach. This beach does not have any surf, but is connected to the Wild Pacific Trail. Be sure to look for remnants of a shipwreck in front of the beach. You can park near the community center. edit
- West Coast Fitness Centre 3000 square foot facility fully equipped gym (with view of the small craft harbour), pool, sauna, tanning, showers for campers/surfers 279 Hemlock Street 9-9 Mon-Sat 9-6 on Sundays.
- Wild Pacific Trail 
- Ucluelet Aquarium 
- Pacific Rim Whale Festival 
Edge to Edge Marathon
Whale Watching through Jamies, Archipelago Cruises, Subtidal Adventures
Kayaking though Majestic Ocean Kayaking
- Jiggers Fish and Chip Truck
- 4 Spice Express
- Matterson House Restaurant
- Offshore Seafood Restaurant
- The Blue Room
- Ukee Dogs
- 5 Spice Express
- Fetch Restaurant
- Floathouse Restaurant
- Roman's Pizza
- Harbour Pizza
- Cynamoka Coffee House
- Eagle's Nest Pub
- Grey Whale Ice Cream and Deli
- Wya Surf Shop Cafe
- Greenhouse Market
- Coop Deli Department
- Barkley Cafe
- Peninsula Cafe
- Canadian Princess Boat
- Thornton Motel*
- West Coast Motel, 279 Hemlock St (800 metres past WELCOME sign), ☎ 250-726-7732, . checkin: 3PM; checkout: 11AM. Has a Fitness Centre, a public facility with indoor pool, gym and sauna that guests of the hotel may use for free. Free WIFI, free parking. seasonal pricing. (N48.55.272,W125.32.466) edit
- Surfs Inn, 1874 Peninsula Rd, ☎ 250-726-4426, . edit
- Vancouver Island Vacation Rentals, ☎ 1.800.908.8439, . Ocean view condos great for storm watching and summer sunsets, cabins, vacation homes for Tofino and Ucluelet. edit
- Water's Edge Resort, 1971 Harbour Crescent, ☎ 1.877.220.0227, . edit
- A Snug Harbour Inn, 460 Marine Drive, Ucluelet, V0R 3A0, BC, Canada, ☎ 250-726-2686, . Adult-only Bed and Breakfast with private beach, hot tub, great ocean views. edit
Tofino is 40 minutes north on Highway 4. Also, 10 minutes to the North is Pacific Rim National Park with hiking, camping and kayaking opportunities.