Tula is a city in Tula Oblast, 185km away from Moscow. The population is over 400,000 people.
Older than Moscow, primarily the city was the major outpost of nomades until in 1503 it became a part of Dutchy of Muscovy and its southern fort. In 1552 the city overcame the 30,000 people strong seige of Khan Devlet Geray. The beginning of the XVI century it was an epicenter of Dark Times and later on it grew as a great iron guns producer which is Tula is well-known for even today. Its samovars are of all-Russia brand of quality and are as recognizable as its pryaniki (cookies).
Trains arrive from Moscow (2h 15min), Oryol, Kaluga and are served by two railway stations: Ryazhsky Vokzal and Moskovsky Vokzal. There is an option to ride by retro train, but only for groups (email: [email protected]).
Buses, trolleybuses, marshrutkas, taxi.
Fare for buses, trolleybuses and marshrutkas = 20 rubles/ride.
- Taxi Visit, phone: 360-360.
- Taxi Volga, phone: 370-370.
Historic samovar (a boiling pot) in the museum of Tula
- Tula Kremlin, 5 centuries of its history never knew enemies flags flying over it. Inside the 9-tower rampart there are two Cathedrals and the Museum of Guns.
- Museum of Guns, cannons, rifles, sabres, pistols.
- Museum of Samovars, building in the old town near the Kremlin walls.
- Museum Tula's Cookie, learn how to make gingerbread pie Tula-style.
- Tula Art Museum, Russian icons, metal-plastic art, European classics.
- Central Park of Belousov
- Gladiator's Cup Tournament, 29 Belousova st (Club ''Vityas''), ☎ +7(4872) 39-57-01 ([email protected]), . Annual two-day battle at the walls of the wooden fort. edit
- Tula State University
- Tula State L.N.Tolstoy Pedagogical University
- Tula English language school ''LanArk'', office#10, 9th floor, 7, Krasnoarmeisky Prospekt, ☎ +7(4872) 30-5757 ([email protected]), . Practice your English with local students. edit
- History Hotel, 24, Shuhov st, ☎ +7 (4872) 41-93-21 ([email protected]), . A Western hotel with 29 rooms of various classes includes sauna, a pool and a cafe-bar. edit
- Inshinka Spa, 23, Inshinsky, ☎ +7-920-770-05-05 ([email protected]), . checkin: 12:00; checkout: 12:00. Located outside of Tula, the hotel offers 17 rooms, spa, sauna, a pool and solarium. edit
- Tula State University at 92 Lenina st., from 7:30 to 19:00.
- Cafe Blinnaya at 58a, Boldina st., and 6a, Khalturina st., from 10.00 to 23.00.