Trinidad is a city in Colorado, formerly home of the famous Prairie Land and Cattle Company, it was one of the towns where travelers raised hell in the Old West.
Trinidad is located on Highways 87, 160, and 350, as well as on Interstate 25. Trinidad is also a stop on Amtrak's Southwest Chief, traveling between Los Angeles and Chicago daily. The westbound train stops at 9:50am, and the eastbound train stops at 5:49pm.
- Cokedale National Historic District, off Highway 12 west of town along the "Scenic Highway of Legends". This is an intact coal camp, with numbered company houses and old company buildings that were once familiar sights in Southern Colorado.
- Trinidad Lake State Park 32610 State, 719-846-6951. Because this park is located in the foothills, the scenery is gorgeous and there are plenty of outdoor activities available. Boating, fishing, hiking, wildlife viewing, and camping are just a few of the outdoor things to do.
- Rinos Restaurant, 400 E Main St, ☎ (719) 845-0365. edit
- East Peak Pub 123 Pine Street. This is a bar and restaurant with raving reviews from locals. Fusion dishes and Indian food are just a few of their specialties.
- Quality Inn, 3125 Toupal Drive, ☎ (719) 846-4491 (fax: (719) 846-2440), . checkin: 3PM; checkout: 12PM. edit
- Best Western Trinidad Inn, 900 West Adams, . edit