Bloor-Yorkville is in Toronto. During the sixties it served as the centre of Toronto's hippie culture, however, after large scale development in the eighties and nineties, it has become Toronto's upscale shopping district, containing boutiques dedicated to haute couture. On Bloor Street from Yonge to Avenue Road are the large chain stores and on the narrow streets north of Bloor are the smaller but just as expensive independent clothing stores.
Antique Store on Yorkville Ave
By public transit
The district is served by St George, Bay and Yonge stations on the Bloor-Danforth subway line, Bloor station on the Yonge subway line and Museum station on the University-Spadina subway line. The number 6 bus line runs along Bay Street and the number 5 bus runs along Avenue Road between Eglinton subway station and the Toronto Coach Terminal.
- Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queens Park (University-Spadina Subway Line to Museum Station, Bloor-Danforth Subway Line to St George Station), ☎ 416 586 8000, . Mon-Thu 10AM-5:30PM, Fri 10AM-9:30PM, Sat-Sun 10AM-5:30PM. Large, impressive museum located immediately north of the provincial legislature and east of the University of Toronto. Adults: $22, Seniors: $19, Students: $19, Children (4-14yrs): $15, Infants: free, Members: free. edit
- Queen's Park, Ontario Legislature, Queen's Park (Yong-University-Spadina subway line to Queen's Park station or 506 Streetcar to University Avenue), ☎ 416-325-7500, . 8:30AM-5PM. This grand Victorian building is home to Ontario's provincial legislature. Tours are offered every weekday year-round and on weekends during the summer. edit
- Snakes & Lattes, 600 Bloor St West Toronto, ON M6G 1K4, . Sun-Wed 11am-midnight, Thu-Sat 11am-2am. An amazing café where a $5 cover charge gives you access to a huge library of games. edit
- H&M, 13-15 Bloor St W (Bloor-Danforth Subway Line to Yonge Station, Yonge Subway Line to Bloor Station), ☎ 416 920 4029, . Mon-Wed 10AM-7PM, Thu-Fri 10AM-9PM, Sat 10AM-7PM, Sun Noon-6PM. edit
- Banana Repubic, 80 Bloor St W (Bloor-Danforth Subway Line to Bay Station), ☎ 416 515 0018, . edit
- GAP, 60 Bloor St W (Bloor-Danforth Subway Line to Bay Station), ☎ 416 515 0668, . edit
- Club Monaco, 157 Bloor Street West (University-Spadina Subway Line to Museum Station, Bus 5 to Bloor Street), ☎ 416 591 8837, . Upscale, understated men's and women's clothes. edit
- American Apparel, Holt Renfrew Centre, 50 Bloor St W (Bloor-Danforth Subway Line to Bay Station, Yonge Subway Line to Bloor Station, Bus 6 to Bloor Street), ☎ 416 963 5000, . Mon-Sat 10AM-9PM, Sun 11AM-7PM. Cheap, cotton t-shirts and skinny jeans, all made in downtown Los Angeles. edit
- Whole Foods Market, 87 Avenue Rd. (Inside Hazleton Lanes Shopping Centre) (University-Spadina Subway Line to Museum Station, Bloor-Danforth Subway Line to Bay Station), ☎ 419 944 0500, . Mon-Fri 9AM-10PM, Sat-Sun 9AM-9PM. Environmentally focused supermarket located in the basement of the prestigious Hazleton Lanes Shopping Centre. Whole Foods sells pre-prepared food in the supermarket and also contains a small cafe. edit
- Coffee Mill 99 Yorkville Avenue, tel: +1 4169202108. Great Hungarian food at very reasonable prices, E.g. Goulash at $6.50.
- Panorama, A restaurant and lounge, is located on the 51st floor of the Manulife Centre (55 Bloor St W) and offers a great view of the downtown Toronto skyline. They have a patio as well which is open in the summer.
- The Yorkville Royal Sonesta Hotel Toronto, . edit
- Urbana Coffee has free wifi. They have cafes at Bay & St. Joseph and Yonge & Scollard.