Tirupur (திருப்பூர் in Tamil) is a city in Tamil Nadu, south India.
There are lot of buses and trains available from Coimbatore. Train takes 45 mins. Buses take 70 mins.
If you are coming from Bangalore, get a bus from KPN Travels (Air conditioned Sleeper service as well as comfortable Volvo services are available) or Gokulraj Travels or Sharma Transport. If you prefer train, 2 to 3 daily services are available - an Intercity express in the morning, and couple of services in the night. Make sure you book your tickets in advance as Bangalore-Tirupur seats are always full!.
Coming here from Chennai is much better, compared to coming from Bangalore. Several bus and train services are available and are more frequent. However, advance booking is advised as Tirupur attracts lot of business and general travelers.
Nearest Airport is Coimbatore, well connected with Chennai, Bangalore, Delhi and Mumbai. Couple of International destinations are also served from this airport. Take a cab from airport to reach Tirupur. One-way drop-off into Tirupur would cost about Rs.1200/-. Best bet would be to hire a cab from a pre-paid counter inside the arrival terminal.
- Velan mall, Kangeyam road (Kangeyam road). Place to visit and have fun edit
- Tiruppur Tirupathi (Temple), Near 1st railway gate (Uthukuli road). Beautiful private temple of lord venkateswara,very power full god,and a nice place to visit.every devotee who comes out of temple is offered a small amount of food as maha prasada. edit
- Sasi briyani hotel, #10 Ramnagar First street oneway, ☎ +91-421-2249565 ; +91-421-2239565. The restaurant is clean and neat. The food has really good taste. Quick service. edit
- Kurinchi cafe Tirupur (Best filter coffee and snacks), 6/11, Sakthi nagar, Opposite muniyappan temple, Pitchampalayam (PN Road. Tirupur 641602), ☎ +919944580631, . This shop is famous for South Indian filter coffee, variety rice recipes and traditional snacks. Shop is very clean, neat and quick in service. edit
- KFC (Chicken), Near corporation office (Municipal office street). Non veg food edit
- Hotel Vinayaga Excellency, Near Railway Station, ☎ +91-421-4242412. edit
- City Hotels A/C, Palladam Road, ☎ 09842299556. edit
- Maniam Classic, Kumaran Road (About half a kilometer from Railway Station), ☎ +914212234734. A nice and cozy place to stay. Preferred mostly by business travelers to Tirupur. This hotel is located on the busy Kumaran Road, which is a convenience and also a big nuisance due to non-stop traffic. This hotel provides complementary breakfast. Rs.1200 + Tax. edit
- Gayathri Hotels, 82(2),Kangeyam Road, Tirupur (Opp. Velan hotel), ☎ 0421 - 2429944 / 45 / 46, . checkin: 24 Hrs. Gayathri Hotels is a nice place for business/leisure travelers. They allow 24 hours check-out. A decent restaurant is attached, however no bar is on property. Rooms are new and clean. 1600+Tax. edit