Thousand Oaks is a city in Ventura County in Southern California.
Thousand Oaks is accessible by automobile. Thousand Oaks is at the junction of 23 and 101 Freeways. The 101 Freeway can be accessed by the 405 Freeways from the east and by the 23 Freeway from the north. The 23 Freeway connects to the 118 Freeway further north.
Airports in close proximity to Thousand Oaks are Los Angeles International (LAX)  and Bob Hope Airport in Burbank . There are several small airports in the area that welcome private or charter flights.
LA Metro bus #161 goes to Thousand Oaks from Warner Center on the Orange Line.
- Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza, 2100 East Thousand Oaks Boulevard (intersection of Thousand Oaks Blvd. & Dallas Drive), +1 805 449-2787 (email: [email protected]), . Multi-theatre complex showing world class entertainment.
- Gardens of the World, 2001 Thousand Oaks Boulevard (across from the Civic Arts Plaza), +1 805 557-1135 (fax: +1 805 777-1006, email: [email protected]), . Tu-Su 9AM-5PM. Closed Mondays, most national holidays and bad weather. Beautiful gardens including a Japanese and an Italian garden. Special events throughout the year. Docent guided tours available.
- Conejo Valley Days, (23 Freeway exit Janns Road, follow signs), +1 805 371-8730, . Early May. Annual festival celebrating the heritage of the region with live entertainment, a chili cook-off and a fair.
- Santa Monica Mountains National Park, 401 West Hillcrest Drive, +1 805 370-2301, . Open daily 9:00AM to 5:00PM. Closed federal holidays. Known as "Los Angeles' Backyard" this national park contains both the mountains and the beaches. Bring a car to get around. Camping available. Fee depending on activity.
- The Oaks Mall, 222 West Hillcrest Drive (Hillcrest Drive west of Moorpark Road), +1 805 495-4628, . M – F 10:00AM to 9:00PM, Sa 10:00AM to 8:00PM, Su 11:00AM to 7:00PM. Shopping mall anchored by Macy's, JC Penny's and Nordstrom (Opening 2008). Restaurants include Cheesecake Factory, Sisley Italian Restaurant, Johnny Rockets and smaller food outlets.
- Janss Marketplace, 275 North Moorpark Road Suite E (corner of Moorpark Road and Hillcrest Drive), +1 805 495-4662. Outdoor shopping center which includes an Old Navy, restaurants and a movie theatre.
- The Lakes at Thousand Oaks, 2200 East Thousand Oaks Boulevard (intersection of Thousand Oaks Boulevard and Conejo School Road), +1 805 497-9861. Outdoor shopping center which includes an Claim Jumper and California Pizza Kitchen.
- Alamo Bar & Grill, 2311 Borchard Rd +1 805 498-3115. A Mexican restaurant with an attached bar. Great happy hours; cheap margaritas, well drinks and free appetizers. Go outside and get their $1.25 bean and cheese burritos, they are legendary.
- The Other Place Sports Bar & Grill, 821 East Thousand Oaks Boulevard (near intersection of East Thousand Oaks Boulevard and Houston Drive), +1 805 497-4669 , .
- Best Western Thousand Oaks Inn, 75 West Thousand Oaks Boulevard, +1 805 497-3701 (Toll-free: +1 800 600-6878, Fax: +1 805 497-1875), .
- Courtyard by Marriott Thousand Oaks, 1710 Newbury Road, ☎ 805-499-3900 (fax: 805-499-3966), . edit
- La Quinta Inn & Suites, 1320 Newbury Road, +1 805 499-5910, .
- Palm Garden Hotel, 495 North Ventu Park Road, 805-716-4200 (Toll-free: 888-816-0002, Fax: +1 805-716-4300), .
- Hyatt Westlake Plaza in Thousand Oaks, 880 S. Westlake Blvd., . edit
- Hampton Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks, CA, 510 North Ventu Park Road, ☎ 805-375-0376, . checkin: 3pm; checkout: 12pm. Guest rooms and suites with complimentary hot breakfast, WiFi, and parking. Pool and fitness center are also provided. edit
|Routes through Thousand Oaks