Thessaly is a region in Central and Northern Greece.
Volos view from Makrynitsa, Pelion
View of Meteora with Agias Varvaras Rousanou monastery in the foreground
In Thessaly the only airport currently operating is Volos airport  (VOL). Is situated in Nea Anchialos, about 30 km SW from the city of Volos.
There is a bus connecting airport and Volos bus station. Buses are waiting to pick up travelers after a plane lands, the cost form the airport to Volos Bus station is 3 €. Travellers of charter flights are transfered to their accommodation by their travelling agency. From Volos there are bus and train connections to other towns in Thessaly
By regional coach
Interurban coaches ("KTEL" buses) are by far the most convenient way to travel around Greece, as well as for intra-regional travelling.
From Athens most of buses to Thessaly leaves from Terminal B, at Liossion Street.
Trains (OSE) connects Volos, Larissa and Kalampaka with the rest of Greece. Travelling with ordinary trains can be cheaper, although a little bit slower, whereas choosing a fancy faster Intercity train will cost the same amount of money, or even more than a KTEL bus.
Tourism information telephone numbers and map (EnjoyThessaly)
- Meteora, . This unique place offers exceptional connectivity and relative short distances to most of Greece’s major population centers, touristic places and transportation hubs. It’s the ideal place to be used as a point of origin for daily tours and excursions to ancient Macedonian sites, Olympus mountain, Pelion, Skiathos, Delphi and many other places. All those sites are no more than 2 to 3 hours driving distance from Kalambaka town. Enjoy staying in Meteora with the best hotel rates of Greece, taste exceptional local cuisine and seize the chance to explore mainland Greece doing lot's of outdoor activities edit
- Mount Olympus, . Olympus is the highest mountain of Greece, also called the “House of the Gods”. The highest peak is Mitikas (throne of Zeus 2918m). Olympus mountain attracts thousands of visitors for hikin, climbing and downhill skiing. edit
- Pelion, . The unique natural landscape, cool springs, the traditional mansions and picturesque streets. Pelion is the area that according to Greek mythology often visited by the gods of Olympus in the summer months. edit
- Plastira's Lake, . One of the most beautiful areas of Greece ideal for excursions throughout the year, is Plastira Lake just 25 km from Karditsa. Rolling mountains that descend to the lake shores, rivers, crystal-clear lake in the center. edit
- Advanced Rock Climbing, . edit
- Archery and Rappel, . edit
- Canoe-Kayak on Plastira Lake, . edit
- Rafting Adventure, . edit
- Hiking Tour of Aspropotamos, . edit
- Hiking Tour of Great Meteoro and Varlaam Monastery, . edit
- 4x4 off Road Tour, . edit
- Skiathos Daily Cruise, . edit
- Meteora Half-Day Tour, . edit
- Delphi and Thermopilae Day Trip, . edit
- Sailing around Skopelos, . edit