Teramo is the capital of the Province of Teramo in the Italian Region of Abruzzo.
Nearest airports are Pescara (1.0 hour) and Rome (2.5 hours).
There is train station about 1 km from downtown Teramo. The are no direct trains to Rome and most trains go to Giulianova.
From Rome and west, through A24 highway, exit Teramo.
From north and south, through A14 highway, exit Teramo-Mosciano.
The bus (pullman) travels from Piazza San Francisco to the Tiburtina Rail Station in Rome.
An excellent walking town. You can easily get around on foot.
- Go on an Italian Volksmarch! Around the third Sunday in July (23 July in the year 2006) there is a nature hike called Hike of the Three Meadows on the plains near the Gran Sasso. The area is not to be missed for nature fans.
- There is a large town market held each Saturday morning.
- Come experience Magna Teramo, a three day festival held in September that features the various specialty dishes of the city and surrounding area. Delisoso
Teramo hosts a renown higher education facility, the University of Teramo, known for its colleges of law, veterinary medicine, and agriculture.
Ceramic goods in nearby Castelli.
The town is known for its culinary heritage which include:
- spaghetti alla chitarra - pasta made with an stringed instrument device
- mazzarelle - lamb innnards wrapped in lettuce
- scrippelle 'mbuse - crepes in chicken broth
- timballo - a layered, baked pasta dish that is similar to lasagna with crepes replacing noodles
- Casale in Valle San Giovanni, 
- Casetta Lucciola in Bascianella, 
- Agriturismo Fabiocchi .
Not necessary to worry about this. Very little violent crime. Relax!
Suburbs and Surrounding Villages (Frazioni)
- Cannelli, Caprafico, Castagneto, Castrogno, Cavuccio, Cerreto, Chiareto, Colle Caruno, Colleatterrato Alto, Colleminuccio, Colle Santa Maria, Forcella (located about 11 kilometers from Teramo and dominating the Vomano Valley), Frondarola, Galeotti, Garrano, Garrano Basso, Magnanella, Miano, Monticelli, Nepezzano, Pantaneto, Poggio Cono, Piano D'Accio, Piano della Lenta, Poggio San Vittorino, Ponzano, Putignano, Rapino, Rocciano, Rupo, Sardinara, Saccoccia, San Nicolò a Tordino (important industrial zone located along the axis joining Teramo to the sea), San Pietro ad Lacum, Sant'Atto, Scapriano, Sciusciano, Sorrenti, Spiano, Tofo Sant'Eleuterio, Tordinia, Turri, Valle San Giovanni, Valle Soprana, Varano, Villa Falchini, Villa Gesso, Villa Ripa, Villa Romita, Villa Stanghieri, Villa Taraschi, Villa Viola, Villa Vomano