Telupid is in Sabah, Malaysia.
Telupid is a small town about 2.5 hours from Sandakan and 4-5 hours from Kota Kinabalu. In recent years, it has grown due to the highway construction. It is not generally a final destination, but rather a stopover to break up the long car trip.
The main road through Telupid is Jalan Utara/Route 22/AH150. This highway runs from Kota Kinabalu to Sandakan. The main intersection in Telupid is a roundabout heading in 4 different directions: Sandakan, Tongod, Kota Kinabalu and Telupid. Most people drive into town however a bus service is available. Buses running from Kota Kinabalu to Sandakan typically drive through town and stop. Information may change but start by checking here. .
The main plaza of the town is walkable but there aren't many sidewalks on the roads. Most people have cars to get around as the town is too small to support public transit.
- Sunday Market, (Corner of the Roundabout). Check out the weekly market of Telupid. It features fresh fruits and veggies, clothing, household goods and more. Go in the morning. edit
- Laundry Service, (Across from Sabindo Supermarket), ☎ 014-859-7181. 8am - 5pm. Have your laundry done! Express service is RM5/KG and Normal service is RM3/KG edit
- Sabindo Supermarket, BA, Blok G Telupid New Township, Pekan Telupid, 89300 Telupid, Sabah (In the main plaza), ☎ 089-52 1125. 8:30am-8:30pm. Largest grocery store in town. Features dry goods, meats, snacks and household goods. Specialty items include alcohol, stationary and CHEESE! edit
- Misomporo Stationery, Bangunan LPP Kedai Baru, Block C, No. 1, Pekan Telupid (Edge of the main plaza), ☎ 013-860-7681. This stationary shop features a bookstore next door and sells newspapers (English and Malay), pens, paper etc. They also sell maps of Sabah, school workbooks and more. edit
There is no shortage of food in this tiny town. You'll find Chinese, Malay and Indian food in small restaurants in the plaza. If you want a gorgeous view, continue through the roundabout toward Sandakan and you'll notice small restaurants along the coastline. Here you can enjoy your nasi goreng while looking out into the valley. Here are a few things that might surprise you:
- Joe's Bakery, Block E, Lot 5, Bangunan LPPB,, Ground Floor Telupid (Close to Seventy Seven), ☎ 012-831 4786, . Mon - Thu: 8:00 am - 9:00 pm Fri: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm Sun: 8:00 am - 8:00 pm. Prepares beautiful cakes that feature fresh cream icing. Also makes and serves home-made dimsum. edit
- Restoran Istimewa, ((In the main plaza)). In addition to fried chicken and the regular food, this restaurant makes cupcakes! Bon apetit! edit
- Seventy-Seven, Pekan Telupid ((In the main plaza)). 7am-10pm Sunday to Friday. Closed Saturday. Probably the biggest menu in Telupid including some Western favourites like fish and chips and macaroni. edit
- Baby Penguin Bubble Tea, (Located near Seventy-Seven). 9am - evening. Serves bubble tea, juice, milk tea and waffles. Cafe includes computers with internet. Cheap. edit
- Seventy-Seven, Pekan Telupid (In the main plaza). 7am-10pm Sunday to Friday. Closed Saturday. Makes fresh juice - try the carrot-orange. Offers free wifi. edit
- City Hotel, Blok A, Lot 5 & 6, Pekan Baru Telupid, Sabah, Malaysia 89300 Telupid, ☎ 089-521 889, . checkin: 12:00; checkout: 12:00. Clean, located in the main plaza. Rooms with air conditioning, showers and television. sgl MR69, dbl MR 89-109. edit
- Queen Alice Inn Telupid, Lot 2 & 3, Blok E, 2 Tingkat, Bangunan Sedco Petri Surat No 122 Telupid, Sabah, Malaysia 89300, ☎ 089-521 557, . Slightly larger rooms, 5 TV channels, air conditioning and hot water shower. sgl MR59-69, dbl MR 89-99. edit
- Chrystal Hotel Telupid, IPS (Institut Perhutanan Sabah), ☎ 01119035566, . Newer hotel, rooms include desk, includes air conditioning and hot shower. Located just over 1km past the roundabout toward KK. sgl MR59-69, dbl MR 89-99. edit
- IPS (Institut Perhutanan Sabah), Taman Telupid Villa Shop Office Lot No S 2 (Telupid Town Proper), 89300 Telupid, Sabah, Malaysia, ☎ 60 89-521879, . Guest rooms located in a forest reserve. Clean rooms. Solar-powered showers. Man-made lake and walking trail. Includes a common room and basic canteen. Go through the gate about 1km past the roundabout toward KK. MR 70. edit
Klinik Kesihatan Telupid (Hospital) +60 89-521 733
Balai Polis Telupid (Police Station) - Past the roundabout toward Kota Kinabalu +60 89-521 721
Befrienders Kota Kinabalu (Helpline for distressed, depressed and suffering) 088-255 788 
Klinic Dr. Mahen (Health Clinic and Pharmacy) - Located across from Sabindo Grocery Store 089-521-300
St. Martin's Catholic Church 
Masjid Yusuf Al Qardhowi Mosque Telupid 
Since Telupid is more of a rest than a final destination, there are many great places within a few hours drive of the city.
Head 2.5 hours east to Sandakan for some big city fun. Here you'll find cafes, many different restaurants and all kinds of shopping.
Drive 1.5 hours west along Route 22/A4/AH150 to Ranau. Enjoy the scenic drive and stop for tea at the Sabah Tea Garden. Approximately 20 km past Ranau, you'll arrive at Mount Kinabalu Park.
Drive 4-5 hours toward Kota Kinabalu. This is the biggest city on the island of Borneo and features diving, deep sea fishing, trekking and more!