Tarnowskie Góry (Tar-nov-skye Goo-ree) is a small, old town in Silesian Voivodeship.
Katowice airport's located close to Tarnowskie Góry. If offers following connections:
- LOT Polish Airlines: Warsaw-Chopin
- Lufthansa: Frankfurt, Munich
- Ryanair: Athens, Birmingham, Bologna, Brindisi, Catania, Cologne/Bonn, Cork, Dortmund, Dublin, Edinburgh, Goteborg, Kyiv-Boryspil, London-Stansted, Manchester, Odessa, Paphos, Oslo-Sanderfjord , Milan-Bergamo
- Wizzair: Alesund, Barcelona, Bergen, Bristol, Catania, Cologne/Bonn, Doncaster/Sheffiled, Dortmund, Eindhoven, Fuerteventura, Kharkiv, Kyiv-Zhuliany, Kutaisi, Larnaca, Liverpool, London-Luton, Lviv, Malmo, Malta, Milan-Bergamo, Oslo-Sanderfjord, Reykjavik- Keflavik, Rome-Ciampino, Stavanger, Stockholm- Skavista, Tel Aviv- Ben Gurion, Tenerife-South, Odessa
seasonal: Alghero, Burgas, Castellón, Dubai-Al Maktoum, Malaga, Podgorica, Santander, Split
Bus carrier Sindbad offers direct connections to many cities in Austria, Belgium, France, Netherlands, Spain, Luxembourg, Germany, Switzerland and Italy. There're also direct buses from many Austrian or Czech cities stopping in Tarnowskie Góry. Yiu can check their timetable on E-Podroznik site.
- Black trout adit (Sztolnia Czarnego Pstrąga). Absolutely must see! Place on UNESCO list.
- City Center. Place with many old tenement houses and churches.
- City Museum (Sedlaczek House). Museum with historical exhibition
- Rynek 16. Place where Józef Wybicki- author of Polish national anthem's lyrics.
- Rybna Palace. Palace from 18 century, nowaday a hotel
- Manor house. 18 century manor house where J.W.Goethe and Polish historian and author- J.U.Niemcewicz used to stay. Nowaday a Kałamarz Restaurant.
- Carl's Manor House (Dwór Karola). 17 century manor house on Legionów street.
- Castle.(Kościuszki) 16 century castle, nowadays a museum
- Fryderyk Mine pile. (Hałda Popłuczkowa) Pile often called Red Rock, there's a great view point.
- Castle (Zamkowa 12). 16 century castle founded by George Hohenzollern. Polish king John III Sobieski spent a night here.
- Saint Anne church. Tiny 17 century church located on the cemetery in Stare Tarnowice.
- Saint Martin church. Beautiful old church in Stare Tarnowice.
- Transfiguration church (Sojki 3). Church from 1911 located in district of Bobrowniki Śląskie. There's a beautiful interior.
- Sacred Heart church (Kościelna 36). Beautiful church from 1887 located in Strzybnica district.
- Our Lady Mother of Justice and Social Love church (Opatowicka 112). Contemporary church with beautiful mosaic in presbytery. There's a beautiful garden surrounding the church.
- Our Lady of Healing the Sicks church (Różana 2). Beautiful contemporary church with interesting presbytery decoration.
- Water Tower. water tower near railway and bus station, nowadays a restaurant
- Repty. A spa district with a park, Youthfulness spring (Źródło Młodości), Drama river valley and Saint Nicholas church founded by count Guido Henckel von Donnersmack. There's also a grave of Polish soldiers taking part in Napoleonic wars located on Gliwicka streets, in the fields.
- Railway station. Beautiful building from 1880.
- City park. Beautiful park in the city center
- Doły Piekarskie. Natural protected area
- Stary and Nowy Zalew. Group of beautiful ponds in natural scenery located on Armii Krajowej Street.
There're open air swimming pools in water park. Culture Center organizes different cultural events, there's also an arthouse cinema.
- hotel Aslan, Ks.W. Sojki 1. edit Hotel not far from city center, free WiFi, restaurant
- hotel na Podzamczu, Pyskowicka 39. edit Hotel in Stare Tarnowice district, free WiFi, bar, terrace, garden
- hotel Neo, Obwodnica 6. edit Hotel located near water park, free WiFi, restaurant
- Villa Mirage. edit An object near old silver mine, garden, terrace, restaurant, bar, free WiFi
- Kropka, Korola 28. edit Guest rooms located 3 km from the city center, restaurant
- Pałac Ogrodowa, Ogrodowa 1. edit An object in the city center, garden, free WiFi, restaurant, bar
- hotel Opera, Zamkowa 1. edit Hotel in the city center, free WiFi, restaurant, bar
- hotel Olimpijski, Korczaka 23. edit Hotel not far from city center and water park, free WiFi, garden
- Motel Drabek, Skośna 15. edit Motel located not far from city center and water park, free WiFi, bar and restaurant
- Gościniec U Gwarka, Czarnohucka 24. edit Guest rooms with restaurant, garden and ballroom in old building
- Salesians Guesthouse, Śniadeckiego 1. edit Guesthouse in Repty district, reservation on request
- Rybna Palace, Powstańców Warszawskich 90. edit A hotel in old palace, garden, restaurant
- Danusia, Szczęść Boże 85. edit Guest rooms not far from old silver mine, restaurant