Tarbert is a village on Harris in Outer Hebrides,Scotland.
Tarbert is a small picturesque village with a population of just over 500. It is the main town and ferry terminal for the Island of Harris. Its central location makes it an ideal base for anybody wanting to tour both Harris and Lewis. The council operate an excellent and frequent bus service from Tarbert during the summer months.
There are several other places called Tarbert or Tarbet, see Tarbert
- Caledonian MacBrayne, . The national ferry service. Citylink coaches generally connect with the ferries on the mainland. Details below are for Summer 2006:
- Uig on Skye to Tarbert Mon-Sat 1 or 2 per day taking 1 hour 40 minutes.
There are good bus services during the day Mon - Sat, but little in the evening and no buses on a Sunday. Buses to Tarbert run from Stornoway and Leverburgh to connect with the ferry to Berneray and North Uist
The village can easily be explored on foot.
Because of its central location you can easily see all parts of the island from Harris. Harris has some of the most stunning scenery in any of the Scottish Islands, the glorious beaches of West Harris are 20 minutes bus journey from Tarbert. If on foot there are some excellent walks that can be done from Tarbert such as Rhenigidale, Laxdale Lochs and Ben Luskentyre.
St. Clement's Church in Rodel
If you are the adventurous type get in touch with The Scaladale Centre, 01859 502502,  they offer kayaking, abseiling, coasteering etc.
- Crook Cottage, Ardslave, Isle of Harris, ☎ +44 1296 658681, . checkin: 16.00; checkout: 10.00. The traditionally built Hebridean Croft House provides self catering accommodation for up to 6 people and is available to let on a weekly basis. Holiday rental is from Saturday to Saturday. £380 - £495 per week. edit
- Collam Villa, Scott Rd, Tarbert, Isle of Harris, ☎ +44 1859 550367, . checkin: 16.00; checkout: 10.00. Collam Villa is a 4 bedroom, self-catering villa overlooking the village of Tarbert with views East to the Isle of Skye and West to the Atlantic Ocean. Can comfortably hold from 2 people wanting the property to themselves to a family or group of 9 people + cot. Location provides an ideal central position from which to explore the beaches, bays and hills of Harris as well as giving simple access to the sites of interest in the Isle of Lewis. edit
- Rhenigidale Youth Hostel , HS3 3BD. A hostel run by the Gatliff Hebridean Hostels Trust  in the remote village of Rhenigidale, which is 6 miles from Tarbert on foot, or 13 miles by road. The road has only been there since 1990 and the only way in used to be on foot or by boat. The hostel does not take bookings, and has no phone.
- Rock View bunk house, £10 (dorm), +44 1859 502211. In Tarbert, run by postal clerks!
Bed and Breakfast
- Tigh Na Mara , Tarbert, HS3 3DB, tel +44 1859 502270. This B&B is less than 5 minutes walk from the Ferry Tarbert.
- Avalon, 12 West Side, West Tarbert, HS3 3BG Tel: +44 1859 502334 . About a mile from the ferry.
- Harris Hotel, Tarbert, HS3 3DL tel +44 1859 502154. 
- Macleod Motel, Tarbert, HS3 3DG tel +44 1859 502364.