Tangerang is a satellite city of Jakarta in Banten, Indonesia. The head of government in the city of Tangerang is a mayor ("walikota"). There are 5 sub-districts ("kecamatan") in the city of Tangerang: Tangerang (postal code 1511X), Batuceper (15121, 15122, 15127-15129), Benda (15123-15126), Jatiuwung (1513X), Cipondoh (1514X), Ciledug (1515X).
The population of the city of Tangerang is 1,488,666 people. The area is 165 sq. km. The population density is 9047 people/sq. km.
Tangerang Regency/"Kabupaten Tangerang", is the suburbs of Tangerang. The head of government is a regent ("bupati"). There are 26 districts/"Kecamatan" on Tangerang regency.
The population of the Tangerang residency is 3,080,237 people. The area is 1,110 sq. km. The population density is 2775 people/sq. km.
Like the rest of Jakarta, Tangerang is chaotic and experiences heavy traffic though Bumi Serpong Damai (BSD) and Lippo Karawaci, both of which are maintained by the private sector, are less so. These areas are specifically developed for commercial and residential purposes. Ocean Park is the most developed area for tourists.
Soekarno Hatta International Airport, Benda, Tangerang.
Pondok Cabe airport is a small airport used by Police, small airplanes, skydiving, gliders and aerosport. If you charter helicopter or small plane, you can request (in advance) for permission to land on the Pondok Cabe airport. The small Budiarto airport at Curug, Tangerang Regency, is used for pilot training (Curug aviation school).
You can use metered taxi to reach Tangerang from Jakarta. The cost is approx. US$ 9 - 10. The trip will take up to 2 hours. It's better to order the taxi from the taxi companies because most taxi drivers refuse to go to Tangerang. Taxis from Jakarta are not allowed to take any passengers from Tangerang to Jakarta.
- Many busses with from Jakarta to Tangerang served by AJA and Mayasari Bakti such as 157 and 106 (from Senen Bus Terminal), 38 (from Blok M Bus Terminal), and 119 (from Kampung Melayu bus Terminal). The fare is Rp. 7,500 - 8,000 (US$ 0.6-0,65). the buses does not stop at the specified place so it is a bit confusing for those not accustomed to board this buses.
- Transjakarta operate commuter buses to Tangerang with a fare of Rp 3,500 (US$ 0.25). The bus only stops at Transjakarta bus stops and certain bus stops in Tangerang areas. The routes are:
T11 Poris Plawad - Bundaran Senayan (past Karawaci area)
T12 Poris Plawad - Pasar Baru
S11 Bumi Serpong Damai(BSD) - Grogol
S21 Ciputat - Bundaran HI
S22 Ciputat - Kampung Rambutan
Corridor 13A: Ciledug - Blok M, 05:00 - 19:00
Corridor 13B: Ciledug - Pancoran Barat, 05:00 - 19:00
Corridor 13C: Ciledug - HI Circle, 05:00 - 07:00
Corridor 13D: Ciledug - Ragunan, 05:00 - 19:00 (only for Weekends)
- Executive busses are also available from/to Jakarta-BSD with several destinations in Jakarta: Pasar Baru, Ratu Plaza, and Mangga Dua , fare is Rp. 11,000 (US$ 1.2) per trip. In BSD there are some bus stops: Kolam Renang (Swimming Pool) BSD, Al Azhar School and Kantor Pemasaran (Marketing Office) BSD. While the bus stops in Jakarta are Pasar Baru (Gedung Kesenian Jakarta) bus stop, Harmoni bus stop, Ratu Plaza bus stop, Mangga Dua bus stop, etc.
Train to reach Tangerang are available from Duri Station. the route is as following: Duri - Grogol - Pesing - Taman Kota - Bojong Indah - Rawa Buaya - Kalideres - Poris - Batuceper - Tanah Tinggi - Tangerang. The train boards every 30 minutes. The fare for commuter line is based on the distance, for the first 25 kilometers is Rp. 3.000 and for the every 10 additional kilometers is Rp. 1.000. (applied on 1 October 2016)
Bluebird  taxi is available by phone 24 hours. Considered one of the safest by tourists and locals in all bigger Jabodetabek region (Jakarta Bogor Depok Tangerang Bekasi). Depending on the departure place in Jakarta and destination in Tangerang City or Serpong area, the fare will be around Rp. 100,000 - Rp. 150,000. Some other safety taxis are Transcab and Express Taxi.
Premium taxis like Silverbird will offer you with better comfort and safety, but price is around 50% more expensive than regular taxis mentioned above.
Al A'zhom mosque - The grand mosque of Tangerang, famous for its dome, which is considered to be one of the largest in the world.
Tangerang's old quarter - Not far from the main bus station, there's an authentic old quarter, with minority of Peranakan Chinese of Javanese ancestry, who had retained their ancient tradition at most, compared to other Chinese community around the country. There is an old Chinese temple, surrounded with busy street market.
Riverside promenade - Nice, relaxing area by the river, surrounded with restaurants and cafeterias.
- Taman Kota 1 (City Park 1), BSD City (Near Al Azhar School). 06.00-17.00. Fair jogging track, well lit and safe. Free. edit
- Pondok Cabe Country Club, Jl. Cabe Raya, Pondok Cabe, Pamulang, Tangerang Tel.: (62)(21) 7405386. . Price: approx. US$ 10/person.
- Soewarna Golf Club, Taman Niaga Soewarna, Blok G, Tangerang, ☎ (62)(21) 5591 1111. 18-hole course just next to the airport, famed for the miniskirted Tangerang Girls who go around offering refreshments, and with more of a focus on business schmoozing than playing. Open to the general public on weekdays only, when a green and caddy fee package will set you back Rp240,000. On weekends you'll need an invitation from a member and will still have to cough up a whopping Rp550,000. edit
- Pondok Cabe Golf, Jl. Pondok Cabe Raya, Jakarta 15418, ☎ (62)(21) 740 5386, . edit
- Modern Golf and Country Club, Modernland Real Estate. edit
- Damai Indah Golf, Bumi Serpong Damai. edit
- Imperial Klub Golf, Lippo Karawaci, ☎ 62 21 546 0120. edit
- Gading Raya Padang Golf & Klub, Summarecon Serpong. Seventy five Hectares of 18 holes private golf course, tennis, and a swimming pool. edit
- Ocean Park , Jl. Raya Serpong, right behind seven stories tall German Center building. Claiming to be the the biggest water adventure park in Southeast Asia, it started being operational recently. Admission fee Rp. 30,000/person.
Metropolis Town Square, Tangerang
- IKEA Alam Sutera Store and IKEA Indonesia Service Office, first IKEA Store in Indonesia. Input by Nick Chua, IKEA Indonesia Country Retail Logistics Manager
- Summarecon Mal Serpong (SMS), Jl. Boulevard Gading Serpong - Sentra Gading Serpong, Tangerang. Facility: Farmer's Market, Downtown Walk (series of food outlets placed outdoor), first Cinema XXI in Tangerang, Food Temptation (food outlets placed indoor), BreadTalk, J.Co, Wendy's, Giordano, Timezone, and Gramedia book store.
- Lippo Supermall Karawaci, Karawaci Tangerang. Facility: Hypermart supermarket, Matahari department store, e-centre (one-stop electronic retailer shop), Gramedia Bookstore, Debenhams, Timezone, Amazon, Ace Hardware, Cinema 21, Cinema XXI, Premiere XXI. One of the largest mall in Indonesia.
- Living World, Serpong. Facility: Hero, Electronic Solution, Informa, Ace Home Centre, food outlets, Cinema XXI, outdoor park, fashion outlets, Food Town. edit
- BSD Junction, BSD City, Serpong, Tangerang Regency. Facility: home improvement store edit
- BSD Plaza, BSD City. A small shopping mall with Superindo supermarket, Tamani Cafe, A&W Restaurant, 21 Cineplex, and Holland Bakery.
- Serpong Plaza, Serpong. Shopping mall, restaurant.
- D'best, Cikokol. You can find Carrefour, french retail chain department store.
- Giant Supermarket, Serpong. Facility: supermarket.
- ITC BSD, BSD City. Another Carrefour, small boutique shops, Citibank ATM, and Food Court with tenants like Hoka Hoka Bento, KFC, A&W outlet, Bakmi Gang Kelinci.
- CBD Ciledug, Ciledug. The latest Carrefour hyperstore opened in Tangerang.
- Metropolis Town Square, Cikokol. Facility: supermarket and 21 Cineplex.
- Serpong Town Square (SeToS) , Cikokol. Facility: Giant Hypermarket, Electronic Solution, Sportware House,Kid'z Zone, SeToS Wargames simulation, Function Room, ATM Center, KFC, Fast food. Marcopolo Serpong Water Adventure Park. Apartment, Office Tower etc.
- WTC Matahari, Serpong. Facility: 21 Cineplex, Hypermart supermarket, and Matahari department store.
- TangCity, Cikokol. Facility: Carrefour supermarket, fast food, small boutique shops. edit
- Teras Kota, BSD City. Facility: Blitz Megaplex, food outlets, Gramedia Bookstore. edit
- Rumah Madu, Ruko Melati Mas Square A3/28, ☎ (62) (21) 53151362. 10.00-19.00. Sell honey vinegar, propolis and royall jelly and another honey product Rp36.000-Rp155.000. edit
Duty Free Shops
- Dewata Agung Wibawa, Bandara International Soekarno Hatta Duty Free Shop Terminal D & E, Jakarta 15126, Tel.: (62)(21) 559 0338, (62)(21) 559 0916.
- Dewita Indah Prima, Bandara International Soekarno Hatta Terminal 2D Departure area, Jakarta 15126, Tel.: (62)(21) 550 0409, (62)(21) 550 3088.
- Dian Suksestama, Bandara International Soekarno Hatta Terminal D-E Transit Lounge, Jakarta 15125, Tel.: (62)(21) 550 2296.
- Plaza Bali Duty Free, Bandara International Soekarno Hatta Departure Terminal. .
- Rodamas Wirasakti, Bandara International Soekarno Hatta Ged ACS, Jakarta 15125, Tel.: (62)(21) 550 1462.
- Kentucky Fried Chicken, Serpong Town Square, Jl. M.H. Thamrin Km. 7 No. 2-3. Tel.: (62)(21) 55743592. Lippo Supermal, Lantai dasar. Tel.: (62)(21) 5462377. Mahkota Mas, Jl. M.H. Thamrin Kav 4, Tel.: (62)(21) 5543255. American fast food. Menu: fried chicken, chicken burger, fries. Price: approx. US$ 4/person.
- Pizza Hut (the franchise), Jl. Daan Mogot (in front of Polres Tangerang/Police Station). approx. US$ 8/Large Pan. edit
- Goiza, Supermall Karawaci, Ground Floor, Lippo Karawaci, Tel.: (62)(21) 5421 1559. Japanese restaurant. Menu: teriyaki, shabu-shabu, katsu, udon. Price: approx. US$ 6/person.
- Hoka Hoka Bento, Lippo Supermall Karawaci, Tel.: (62)(21) 546 2323. Giant Villa Melati Mas, Tel.: (62)(21) 538 4634. Menu: ekkado, chicken katsu, sukiyaki, soup, koori kon nyaku, yakiniku, shrimp roll, tori no teba. Price: approx. US$ 4/person.
- Bakmi Bebe, Pasar Modern BSD, Ruko R73. Tel.: (62)(21) 7033 1600. Chinese Noodle Restaurant. Menu: BBQ Pork Ribs Noodle, Various Pork Noodle, Chicken Noodle. Price: approx. US$ 2/person. Open Daily. Mon-Fri: 06.00-15.00. Sat-Sun: 06.00-17.00.
- Bakmi Gang Kelinci , ITC Bumi Serpong Damai Lt. 2, Tangerang, Phone: 92209880
- Pondok Kemangi, Jl. Raya Serpong km.4 Ruko Pondok Kemangi No. 2E-2F (after Alam Sutra housing complex), Tangerang. Telp: 021-53127102. Seafood restaurant. Price: approx. US$ 5/person. Service hours: 11.00 - 15.00; 18.00 - 22.00.
- Sari Kuring, BSD Ruko Sektor IV Block RG/1, Tangerang. Telp: (62(21) 537 2041, Fax.: (62)(21) 537 1150. Sundanese seafood restaurant. Menu: gurame fish, keong kaker, prawn, crab, salad, soup. Price: approx. US$ 7/person.
- Lembur Kuring, Jl. Benda Raya 88, Tangerang. Tel.: (62)(21) 5503749. Fax: (62)(21) 550 3748. Sundanese seafood restaurant.Menu: fish, prawn, crab, soup, salad. Opening hours: 11.00AM to 09.30PM. Price: approx. US$ 7/person.
- Sarang Kepiting (literally translates to ''Crab Lair''), Jl. Raya Serpong (approx. 500 Metres to the south of ''Alam Sutera Real Estate'' entrance). approx. US$ 5/Person. edit
- Restoran Istana Nelayan (Fisherman), Jl. MH. Thamrin (In the Serpong Townsquare area), ☎ +62 21 5542913, . Menu: seafood, steak and sundanese. Chic garden, pony ride, mini zoo. The main building took the form of a yacht. edit
Many restaurants are available at "Soekarno Hatta Airport" at Benda, Tangerang: McDonald, A&W, Dunkin Donuts, Hoka-Hoka Bento etc.
- Pisa Kafe, Menara Matahari Ground Floor, Jl. Boulevard Palem Raya no 7, Bencongan Village - Curug. Tel.: (62) (21) 5475575. Menu: Italian foods, ice creams. Entertainment: Bar & live music at around 9.30PM everyday. Price: approx. US$ 8/person.
- Tamani Kafe, BSD Plaza, Jl. Raya Serpong, Sektor 4. Tel.: (62)(21) 5315 1015. International restaurant. Menu: chicken cordon blue, egg and tofu, soup, salad, onion ring. Price: approx. US$ 8/person.
- Salsa Food City, Next to Summarecon Mal Serpong. Menu: A lot of restaurants here, ranging from Sundanese, Chinese, Makassar, and Western. Entertainment: Live music almost everyday, be sure to catch them on weekends when they perform full band. edit
Ice Cream and Pastry
- Baskin and Robbins, Lippo Karawaci Mall, 105 Boulevard Diponegoro Lippo Karawaci 1200, Tangerang 15811. Tel.: (62)(21) 546 2382. . Ice cream parlor.
- Pisa Kafe, Menara Matahari Ground Floor, Jl. Boulevard Palem Raya no 7, Bencongan Village - Curug. Tel.: (62) (21) 5475575. Menu: Italian foods, ice creams, a range of cocktails. Entertainment: Bar & live music at around 9.30PM everyday. Price: approx. US$ 8/person.
- Kinari Residence, Jl. Pare 1 Blok G1 NO. 12. BSD City, Tangerang, ☎ (6221) 5375290, (6221) 68578282, . checkin: 12.00PM; checkout: 12.00PM. Kinari Residence is the only furnished apartment which can be rented daily in BSD City. The one bedroom apartment has a bathroom and kitchen. A cable TV, free Wi-Fi, AC, water heater, refrigerator, gas stove, and kitchen utensils are available inside the apartment. Rp. 350,000. edit
- Quality Inn, Soekarno Hatta International Airport, Tangerang, Banten, Terminal 2E, Tel.: (62)(21) 559 0008. Class: 3 Stars.
- Hotel Istana Nelayan, Jl. Gatot Subroto No. 21 Km. 5 Jatiuwung - Exit TOL Bitung Tangerang 15134 Banten - Indonesia, ☎ +62 21 55654377, . edit
- Best Western Serpong, Jalan M.H Thamrin KM 2,7 Kebon Nanas, Tangerang 15143, Banten, Indonesia, ☎ (62) (21) 5575 8181, . edit
- Hotel Aryaduta Lippo Village, 401 Boulevard Jend. Sudirman, Lippo Village, ☎ +62 21 546 0101, . 30 minutes away from the Soekarno Hatta International Airport. Best rates on official website start at IDR 1,403,600.00″. edit
- Sheraton Bandara, Soekarno-Hatta Airport, Tangerang 19110, Tel: (62)(21) 559 7777, Fax: (62)(21) 559 7700. . Class: 4 Stars.
- Imperial Aryaduta Hotel and Country Club, 401 Bulevar Jend. Sudirman Lippo Karwaci 1300, Tangerang 15811, Banten (Around the vicinity of Lippo Supermall), ☎ (62-21) 5460101 (fax: (62-21) 546 0203), . 5 Stars edit
Local law enforcement cannot be relied on, so you may want to be even more cautious than you do in your hometown. Here is some of the most common crimes reported in Tangerang
Exercise caution when using ATM dispensers. Some criminals have been known to pose as security guards, complete with uniforms. Always ensure that you are alone when withdrawing any money from a facility. Never take offers by others for assistance of any kind.
- Anyer, beautiful beach and resort, west of Tangerang. Driving time: up to 3 hours.
- Ujung Kulon, beautiful national park, southwest of Tangerang. Driving time: up to 5 hours.
- Tanjung Pasir, beach swarming with seafood stalls. Be careful of local hustlers and gangs. North of Tangerang. Driving time: up to 2 hrs.
Tangerang Police station (Polres):
Polres Tangerang, Jl. Raya Daan Mogot, Tel.:(62)(21) 552-3160, (62)(21) 552-3003.
List of hospital with 24 hours emergency room:
- Omni Hospital, Jl. Alam Sutera Boulevard kav. 25, Serpong - Tangerang, (62)(21) 5312 5555
- RS Bhinneka Bakti Husada, Jl. Cabe Raya No 17. Tel.: (62)(21) 749 3535, (62)(21) 749 0829.
- RS Honoris, Jl. Honoris boulevard Kav. 6 Kota Modern, Tel.: (62)(21)-522 9035.
- RS Siloam Gleneagles, Jl. Siloam 1600, Lippo Karawaci. Tel.: (62)(21) 546 0055, (62)(21) 546 0054.
- RS Bintaro, Jl. MH. Thamrin blok B3 No.1 sektor 7 kawasan Niaga Bintaro, Tel.: (62)(21) 745 5600.
- RS Tangerang, Jl. A. Yani No.9, Tangerang, Tel.: (62)(21) 552 3507, (62)(21) 552 6686.
- RS Awal Bros, Jl. MH. Thamrin No. 3, Kebon Nanas, Cikokol Tangerang 15117, ☎ (62-21) 5578 0888 (fax: (62-21) 5578 1520), . Previously known as Rumah Sakit Global Medika, the hospital rebrand itself to a new name. edit
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!