Tamworth is a large town in Staffordshire, England.
From Birmingham, head north bound on the M42, leave at J10 and take the A5 into town
Tamworth's town centre isn't very widespread, so you can easily get around by foot. Heading outside of the town centre, there are regular buses that go out across the area.
Tamworth castle is within walking distance of the town centre and is well worth a visit.
- Tamworth has a non league football called Tamworth football Club
- If you are into ten pin bowling, the Strikers Bowl is just on the edge of the town centre. From the town centre, you can walk there through the castle grounds in around ten minutes.
- For some indoor skiing, check out the Snow Dome next to Strikers Bowl.
- There is also an 18 hole golf course located in Amington - from the town centre, take the B5000 and follow the signposts.
The world famous golf course The Belfry is also located nearby follow signs for Fazeley and Drayton Manor Park and then The Belfry.
- If you fancy a game of snooker why not try Cue Sports its located down Victoria Road; from the town centre head towards the railway station it's on your right.
- Snow Dome Tamworth, Leisure Island, River Drive (5 minutes from junction 10 of the M42 or M6 toll road), ☎ +44 844 800 0011, . Ski & snowboard year round! Ideal for off-season practise or fantastic family day out (52.635147,-1.695671)
The best place in Tamworth for a bit of shopping is Ventura Retail Park not far from the town center. It has a range of good retail outlets such as Woolworths, M&S, WHSmith, Matalan, Toys R Us, Comet, Currys, Focus, Halfords, Hobbycraft, Blacks, Boots, JJB Sports, Boots, Asda Wal Mart.
- Urban Fashion (Modrophenia.com), 81 Bolebridge Street, ☎ 01827310222, . 9.30-5.30. Urban Fashion is a trendy clothes shop in Tamworth town centre. It is also the home of Modrophenia.com, a specialist mod & retro clothing website. Well worth a visit
Tamworth has a few good restaurants in the town center.
- Most of the pubs in town centre also serve good food.
- McDonalds - fast food restaurant.
- KFC - fast food restaurant.
- Asda - Walmart has a cafe in it for people to eat whilst they are out shopping.
Tamworth has many pubs in and around the town center.
- The White Lion , 1 Aldergate.
- Market Vaults, Market Street.
- Wetherspoons in Bolebridge is best for cheap drinks.
- Ramada Tamworth, Junction 11 M42, ☎ +44 1530 279500, . checkin: 15:00; checkout: 12:00. Comfortable hotel just outside Tamworth town centre with Reuben's Restaurant & Bar. Ideal for business guests with free wifi and easy access to motorway network. Very family friendly with excellent value packages including entry to Drayton Manor & Thomas Land, Conkers, Twycross Zoo and National Space Centre. (52.524577,-1.728973)