Tamraght is a small berber fishing village situated on a hillside over looking the atlantic ocean about 14kms north of Agadir, 40 minutes north of Agadir's airport and 3 kilometers from the better-known village of Taghazout.
This traditional fishing community has grown over the years and it's become popular with surfers, backpackers and yogi without forget Europeans looking for a second homes in the sun.
With over 300 days of sunshine a year and an average temperature between 20° and 29° during days, Tamraght is designed for the a perfect surf holiday.
VERY IMPORTANT INFOS FOR SURFERS:
Tamraght’s quieter and less touristy then Taghazout, allowing you to immerse in a more traditional lifestyle. You’ll find a welcoming fishing community and camels everywhere – you’ll see them wandering on the beach as well as on the hills behind the village.
Buses as well as shared taxis run frequently from Agadir, Aourir, Tamraght and then onto Taghazout. The bus from Agadir costs 7dhs and the shared taxi 10dhs.
- From Marrakesh the only direct connection to Tamraght is a shuttle run by Souk to Surf. Trips take around 4 hours and are run in comfortable air-conditioned vehicles. There are a few different pick up points in Marrakesh (including the Medina and airport). The price is 20€ per person
- The same company also runs from Essaouira. This trip takes 3 hours and costs 15€ and Imsouane for €10
This direct transfers in safe, modern and runs with comfortables minibuses. Slightly more expensive than a regular bus, but faster and much more convenient. Free water and WiFi on board. Luggages, including surfboards carried free of charge. Friendly drivers who speak good English. Book your tickets online in advance.
In the village you will found esily two pharmacy, one next to Babakoul cafe and one upper the hill next to the Mosque Sahel.
In the village you will found many locals bakers, chicken shops and many minimarkets shops selling basic provisions, fruits and vegetables.
Most of barbers which does a great cut and shave for around 25 dirham for a short cut, the are located upper the hill next to the Mosque Sahel.
The beaches are excellent and the water is really clean. Hire a sunbed costs 20dhs a day.
You can choose different sandy beach spots where you can safely chill, swim and surf in Tamraght.
Directly the beach there are few kiosks selling drinks and snacks, some seafood and tagine restaurants.
Camel rides and horse riding is also on offer discuss price beforehand.
Surf Schools and Surf Camps
Many surf school and Surf Camps propose private and groups surf lessons, surf guiding and coaching and board hire.
- Wave & Dance Morocco, Hay Sahel (Tamraght Oufella), ☎ +212660259901, . Surfing in Morocco with Wave & Dance Morocco Surf School in Tamraght happens all year round for all skill levels. The beginner surfing lessons are for guests who are surfing for the first time ever or surfed a few times before and want to improve, also offer intermediate surf lessons, advanced lessons and surf guiding safari days in favourites secrets spots. The surf instructors are ISA Surf Certificate. 30 Euro/2h. edit
- Tiziri Surf Maroc, ☎ +212652138126 ([email protected]), . Allow yourself some rest from day-to-day worries, and let yourself enjoy Morocco’s enticing beauty. Share one of the best experiences of your life with people from all around the world by surfing in Morocco. By visiting Tiziri Surf Maroc, you become more than just a valued guest; you become part of a unique, borderless family of people, bound only by a common passion for surfing. Tiziri Surf Maroc is a smaller surf camp based in Tamraght, provide accommodation or you can simply join for daily surf lessons. Suitable for all travellers, all ages and all surf levels. edit
- Fun Surf Morocco, Route d´essaouira (Tamraght Oufella), ☎ +4917697658028 ("[email protected]",), . open 24h. This little family-run surf school in the cozy fishing village Tamraght is the perfect option for an individual and authentic surf trip in Morocco. Abdo and Maddy, the Moroccan-German mixed couple will provide an unforgettable experience on your surfboard, suitable for all surf levels and ages. 390€-550€ per week. edit
There are many surf shops in the village where you can easily rent a board.
There are 4 surf spots in the village
- Banana yet another quality right-hand point break, but much more forgiving than the points further north. Therefore, it’s ideal for intermediate surfers and for those wishing to surf a point break for the first time. With a big swell, it can offer challenging sections for advanced surfers too.
- Spider his fast and hollow point reef break produces a ripping and shredding A-frame barrel for advanced surfers only.
- Devils Rock another point breaking over a sandy bottom, this wave offers a variety of sections and conditions for all levels of surfers and can be tackled by beginners too.
- Crocro the first surf spot you can reach by walking from the village, Croco is one of the most consistent waves in the area. This beach break is a great place to learn to surf in Tamraght.
There are restaurants and cafes serving local Moroccan dishes as well as international cuisine. The prices are low, the food is fresh, and the vibes are great. Close to the beach, there are a few restaurants specializing in fish and tajine.
Brahims in Devil's Rock serves excellent seafood and it's a popular restaurant with locals, especially at the weekend.
Restaurant Sanabil with super delicious traditional food for good prices.
- Le Palmier Bleu, Route d' Essaouira, ☎ +212628208907, . edit
The village is dry, there are no shops selling alcohol in Tamraght.
In Agadir there are some shops where you can buy from:
Uniprix Avenue Hassan II at the junction with Avenue du Prince Sidi Mohammed
Carrefour 156 Boulevard Yacoub El Mansour
Victoria Drink Store Boulevard du 20 Aout
There is a wide range of accommodation available from basic hostels, surf houses, surf camps, surf lodges, apartments, villas and even some luxury riad. Prices are much cheaper than in Agadir and great deals can be had.
- Blancha Surf, Km 15 Route d´Essaouira (Tamraght Village), ☎ +4915123015237, . checkin: 12:00; checkout: 12:00. Home far away from home! Blancha-Surf House is located in the heart of Tamraght. It´s the perfect place for an unique Surf & Yoga experience. The ocean right in front of the door, as well as several cafés, restaurants and small shops. Homely and familiar vibes, which welcomes all families and friends. edit
- V&D Tamraght Surfers Hostel, Hay Tissaliouine (Tamraght Oufella), ☎ +212627812268, . checkin: From 2Pm to 10PM; checkout: Before 11AM. We have created hostel in the center of Tamraght overlooking the Atlantic ocean. Our lifestyle accommodation hosts surfers, backpackers and solo female travelers from all around the world. From 5 Euro per night. (30.5114812,-9.6785145) edit