So, due to a simultaneous edit between me and Jonathan, we now have duplicate information in the Get In section. Jonathan formatted his entries traditionally, by mode of transportation. I organized my entries by origin point, which seemed to make sense for Walt Disney World. For most destinations on Wikitravel, visitors can choose almost any of the transportation options to get in. For WDW, though, the choice of transportation is strictly limited by one's origin point -- not to mention that many routes (especially when dealing with the Magic Kingdom) actually will use multiple vehicles/vessels.
But that's just my thinking on the subject -- anyone else?
-- LtPowers 15:18, 15 April 2009 (EDT)
- I think I agree with you for this case - listing it by where you're coming from seems to make a more comprehensive guide to getting here. Just be sure to put in something about getting in from outside the resort. PerryPlanet Talk 19:56, 16 April 2009 (EDT)
- I put that under "by car or hotel shuttle" because it's the same no matter where you're coming from. That said, that gives me an idea. What if we had two sections that use the traditional Wikitravel organization: "By Car" and "By Disney Transportation". Then we'd have the various origin points listed under "By Disney Transportation" as subheadings. That might be best of both worlds. LtPowers 21:06, 16 April 2009 (EDT)
- Ah, I think I like that idea. PerryPlanet Talk 14:51, 17 April 2009 (EDT)
Well, by now you folks know the drill. This is the last of the five district articles for Walt Disney World. There's a lot to cover in this park, but I think I caught almost all of it. =) I've gotten complaints about promotional language in the past; hopefully this article avoids that problem, but let me know if you see anything off. LtPowers 22:03, 3 August 2010 (EDT)
I'm missing a map in the get in/get around section. It is far from the other parks and an overview map of the park would be awesome. I got lost in the park while visiting with my family and it is much walking in this park. The sleep section is mostly Disney hotels. Do they have nearby none Disney hotels that are open to non DoD employees? It's will written and the similarities to the other WDW articles are clearly visible. I will read if i have more time so that's just my points that immediately came to my mind. jan 09:51, 4 August 2010 (EDT)
- Lately WT was pretty slow and it seems that the technical side is deteriorating. Concerning the hotels: Maybe we add a note that there are only Disney hotels so everyone knows that they either need to commute or take a Disney hotel. I think that would be an interesting point for travellers. jan 14:23, 4 August 2010 (EDT)
- Well don't forget the main article, which covers the situation well; is it really a surprise that there are very few non-Disney hotels on Disney property? LtPowers 15:26, 4 August 2010 (EDT)
- You are right. I missed the main WDW article which explains the sleep situation in good detail. I have then only one issue left. Quite some listings have this Image:Stop_hand.png at the end and are not changeable. Is this on purpose or it's the technical side again? jan 04:40, 6 August 2010 (EDT)
- Yep, I discovered that here -- Wikitravel Press's book-generating engine doesn't strip out image markup inside listings tags. To be honest, I'm not actually a huge fan of using that icon to indicate safety restrictions, but any other solution I've thought of is far more unwieldy and so I've just left 'em. LtPowers 10:39, 6 August 2010 (EDT)
- The stop hand icon was my idea, and seriously I can't think of any other way. :) However, I'm impressed with how this finally came out, so I support this nomination. Jonathan 784 14:32, 7 August 2010 (EDT)
- Support I had a closer look and would say it's fine for star. I adressed my points above but they won't hold up this nomination. jan 11:43, 25 August 2010 (EDT)
I noticed that the dates for Dumbo's refurbishment had been changed to reflect ending January 31st? On both Disneyworld.com and the internal cast portal, the dates still show through February 17th Hawkeyefla 17:58, 12 December 2011 (EST)