Where is Thane? I have said it is a city in India, near Bombay. Because the place is mentioned in the Bombay/Mumbai article. There is no other reference on Wikitravel. So it needs to be linked from a relevant regional page or be a district of Bombay. -- Huttite 09:05, 4 Jul 2005 (EDT)
- I've added some content which makes it clearer.
- Thane is a county of Maharashtra (I'll link to it from there.) It is administratively different from Bombay.
- The headquarters of Thane county is Thane city, which is practically a suburb of Bombay
- But Thane county is also a tourist destination in its own right, especially for trekkers and nature lovers. If you are writing about it, no one will think of it as a part of Bombay.
- Thane county also contains other small industrial cities (which are also in a sense commuter suburbs of Bombay) which are not very important from a tourist's point of view, but nonetheless are big enough to merit entries of their own
- So I chose to use the small city template to write about Thane. I've linked to as-yet non-existent pages for cities inside the county, but made an exception for Thane city, because I don't think there is enough material for separate articles for Thane (district) and Thane (city). If someone proves me wrong in the future, we can disambiguate it.
- In the really distant future, the whole of Thane district will become a part of the huge conurbation that Bombay is becoming. At that time, we will have to recast the whole thing completely anyway.
- Sunray Traveller 11:02, 4 Jul 2005 (EDT)
- P.S. How do I indent to indicate that this is an answer?
This is a place where I will be putting links to format and put into the main Thane article. Others can help, both with new links and with the formatting -- Sunray Traveller 04:08, 15 Jul 2005 (EDT)
- Hotels Mumbai Scrape some hotels listing from Thane. It is probably a violation of policy to place a link?
if you are on a day trip from navi mumbai to thane what should be the bus fare to & fro. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs)
- Ans - Under Rs. 10 each way. — Ravikiran 07:09, 7 September 2006 (EDT)