Fir future reference the Wikitravel:CIA World Factbook 2002 import can be found at Talk:Senegal/CIA World Factbook 2002 import.
So I just moved all this info from Wikitravel:Plunge forward. Now it needs to be split out into city templates, at least for the areas like Dakar that have subsections, other intro info can prolly stay on this page until/less someone has more to add Majnoona 01:55, 28 Jan 2004 (EST)
is it true that cars need to be newer then five years old to enter senegal? if you can confirm this, please put in get in-section.
"Avoid cooked food prepared by the road, these often cause diarrhea. "
have people really gotten sick by eating the street food? often? maybe i just have a strong stomach, but i ate street food all the time and never had any problems.I remember Black Star North 13:36, 24 February 2009 (EST)
- It's a pretty universal advice for travelling in developing countries. My own conviction tells me travellers who visit such regions regularly become battle hardened, and less prone to such diseases, but it's a sturdy advice non the less. --Stefan (sertmann) Talk 15:16, 24 February 2009 (EST)
Map of Senegal proposed regions
I propose these regions:
- Cap-Vert Peninsula (Dakar and Thiel Region) 
- Casamance (Ziguinchor Region, Sedhiou Region, and Kolda Region) 
- Tambacaounda Region (Tambacaounda and Kedougou) 
- Northern Senegal (Saint-Louis Region, Matam Region, Louga Region)
For the others, I think it would be nice to group Diourbel Region, Kaffrine Region, Kaolock Region, and Fatick Region to make... Central Senegal?
I think Casamance and Tambacaounda are quite solid regions. I don't think Senegal needs more than 6 total regions, though. Feel free to propose something else, if there are better ideas. ChubbyWimbus 00:19, 22 January 2010 (EST)
- Looks good to me. AHeneen 12:04, 22 January 2010 (EST)
- I've posted the map with the proposed regions. I think the regions look fine but let me know if there are any comments and then I'll finalize it (I need to fix that road the goes to nowhere in Guinea). Shaund 01:22, 3 March 2010 (EST)
- Looks excellent Shaun. The road to nowhere goes to Kedougou, see here :) --Burmesedays 10:36, 3 March 2010 (EST)
- Yeah, It looks great! The maps created from this expedition are all quite nice! Good job to all of you! ChubbyWimbus 00:53, 16 March 2010 (EDT)
I have had a post deleted from a Senegal page saying it's in the wrong category. There is no category for 'sleep' - I spent 2 days looking at everything before 'plunging ahead' and then getting deleted.
JembeQueen (talk) 11:16, 18 August 2013 (EDT)
- Hello JembeQueen, thank you for your comment. Just to let you know that your information about the B&B has not been deleted, it was removed from the Senegal page by an administrator and added to the Dakar page, as it appears the B&B is in Dakar, we post the listings in the actual places where they are located, and only post a listing once. The rest of the information was removed by an administrator today, as it was all posted again and it was a mixture of information (Do, Sleep, Go) so the admin left you a message to ask you to read the Listing Policies and try to rewrite the information. We greatly appreciate your contributions and we are just here to help you to follow our policies and guidelines. If you have any specific questions about the Senegal Article, please let us know here on the Discussion page. Anything else in general in the Traveller´s Pub or on the Talk page of anyone who left you a message. Thanks again, I hope you will continue to contribute, let me know if I can help! Adzas (talk) 19:25, 18 August 2013 (EDT)