Removed External Links from article, see Where did the "External links" sections go?'. I've stashed them herre in the event someone wishes to incorporate any of these into the article in the customary way. --SHC 16:36, 3 June 2006 (EDT)
Riga Public Transport:
http://www.ttp.lv/ (Trolleybus and Tramway)
http://www.rigassatiksme.lv/maps.php (Interactive Route map)
I'm wondering: Should the Riga card, which covers both transportation and attractions, go under Get Around or See, with a mention in the other?
I'm thinking See
- I also think See, since the reader will see it with the list of attractions. You wouldn't buy it for the transport alone, but you may buy it for the attraction admissions alone. Andyfarrell 08:10, 12 November 2009 (EST)
Does anyone else know what categories the remaining restaurants are in?
- I'm trying to figure out a scheme for categorizing the restaurants. Anyone have any ideas? I'm afraid I'm not very good at this. Rastapopulous 18:06, 13 November 2009 (EST)
Lido Entertainment Center
This will be a nightmare, especially considering I've never been there, but I am going to try and take on this listing. Does anyone know if by "holidays" on the website (in the section w/ the hours), they really mean "weekends"?
Rastapopulous 14:29, 11 November 2009 (EST)
- Looks like you made a decent stab at it. By the way, the convention is to add new items on talk pages at the bottom. Andyfarrell 08:10, 12 November 2009 (EST)
- Okay, I've split it up a bit now. Anyone have any idea whether the "Russian-themed" restaurant is what's on the middle floor? Rastapopulous 18:04, 13 November 2009 (EST)
- No, the whole thing appears to be Russian-themed; the middle floor is simply the main (and largest) area. Andyfarrell 09:02, 15 November 2009 (EST)
- Okay. What exactly is on the middle floor anyway, that's different from the other two? Rastapopulous 16:30, 15 November 2009 (EST)
I have the suspicion that this listing:
- The markets next to International Bus Terminal are full of people selling their wares at stalls, both inside the large halls and around the outside. The market is actually quite non-touristy with more emphasis on selling things like second-hand clothing, food, furniture or kitchen supplies. In here you can buy almost anything... Very good for souvenirs. There are lots of small cafes scattered around the markets that serve up cheap local eats.
Is the same as the Central Market. It is pretty close to the bus terminal. Can anyone confirm/deny this?Rastapopulous 21:48, 12 November 2009 (EST)
- Yes, now I look at it in detail I'm sure you're right. There were stalls outside the back of CM, the descriptions of the things on sale are right. Descriptions of where buses ran from were vague - some said Central Market, some said the Stockmann centre. These were positioned either side of the main railway station, and I don't know where the International Bus Terminal would be. I say delete it as a duplicate item or merge some text. Andyfarrell 03:51, 13 November 2009 (EST)
- Do you think I should merge them into Buy or See? I think Buy. Rastapopulous 11:18, 13 November 2009 (EST)
- Either one works, as it's a bit of both, so go with your preference. Andyfarrell 11:43, 13 November 2009 (EST)
- The listings have been merged together and placed into the Buy section. Rastapopulous 16:54, 13 November 2009 (EST)
image budget hotels in the journey's time
This image was done by myself. The data come from google maps and a latvian magazine. I did it for a friend who work in travel agency. I can confirm the data can be used for any document, and I give to everyone the right to use this picture. It's very usefull for customers. Even if it helps the Top 5 of the hotels in this table, it also provide a right information to others. If a guest get a good deal with one hotel, he can decide if want to spend more time in transport or not for such price. But it will not have an unpleasant surprise.
Peterisvalkis 11:21, 6 January 2010 (EST)
- I'm going to remove this image. The info it presents is a detailed comparison of hotel distances which, presented in any other form, would still likely be eliminated. It also contains a great deal of tiny tiny text, much of it in other languages, and it does not generally fit with our style to present info tables in image form. texugo 12:08, 31 October 2011 (EDT)
I haven't seen a notice on pickpockets. Be aware, they operate smoothly at the underground passageways connecting old town, 13.janvara iela, stockman centrs and central station. Even the locals say that it is an infamous place for pickpockets. I got robbed from my media player while I was even listening to that device and I didn't see who did it! I have captured a picture of a pick pocketer operating by using a fake hand bag with his arm hidden under it. Maybe I can upload it to this site.