I thought Palos Verdes meant Green Hills in Spanish, not Green Trees
- I have replaced it to read "green stalks" or "green wood". Texugo 00:33, 11 October 2007 (EDT)
About the Palos Verdes Peninsula city articles.
I see this article is pretty well developed. But the individual city articles are stubs at best, and haven't been touched in years. I would hate to leave them undeveloped. That being said. Do any of you think that those articles should be merged with this one? If not. Why?Jrunna runna (talk) 12:04, 9 September 2014 (EDT)
- Either that, or should the city specifics in this article be moved to their respective city articles and this article become a regional article, on the same level as South Bay?Jrunna runna (talk) 02:05, 12 September 2014 (EDT)
- Okay, I'm becoming a little more certain that this article should be split up as there are city specific things in them.
- If you've seen enough cause for it in this case, please go right ahead! Let us know if there are any questions you have as you build this! We're going to be looking forward to seeing your work in the area! IBcaldera (talk) 14:13, 16 September 2014 (EDT)
- thank you!
- alright, well I've decided to consolidate the individual city articles into this one, while cleaning up the style.
- Hey Jrunna, thanks a lot for your work! GiulioC (talk) 04:44, 23 September 2014 (EDT)
I started this page and built much of it about 8-9 years ago and I strongly recommend against splitting it up into the component cities for these reasons:
- 1. Tourists think of this as one city/area
- 2. Most Angelinos refer to it as one city
- 3. Even locals don't know where the city boundaries are and refer to it as one area.
Finally, each of the cities is too tiny to require their own page.
Luvdapug (talk) 17:48, 23 November 2014 (EST)
- Those are four excellent reasons for NOT districtifying the Palos Verdes article and I would encourage you to plunge forward and update it. (In the 8 years since you were here, some of our manual of style in formatting things like phone numbers may have changed, though... --Ttcf (talk) 20:25, 23 November 2014 (EST)