I'm not familiar with Catawba - is it a town near Port Clinton? If it's a really teeny town that is pretty much indistinguishable from Port Clinton (at least from a travelers point-of-view) just go ahead and add the Catawba info to the PC article. Maybe just make a mention in the PC article that it also covers the town of Catawba. -- Fastestdogever 13:06, 24 April 2007 (EDT)
- Well I am now more confused than ever. (but that's easy.) I have went to "Catawba Island" all my life. Wikiencyclopedia says it is not actually an island, but one of 11 townships in Ottawa County (I think they are right). It would confuse a visitor and offend the merchants if I called it Port Clinton. It is a major tourist area with a state park and plenty of marina's. I think I will wait until someone else create something suitable. How about Region:Catawba Island Peninsula (Ohio) 2old
- I see what you mean about not being sure where it should go. Is there a collective name for the Marblehead peninsula and Catawba Island? If you check out this map it's pretty obvious that Port Clinton, Marblehead & Catawba are all different towns gathered on the same strip of land. I think we should probably make a Ottawa County region and add those (along with some of the Lake Erie Islands) together. -- Fastestdogever 15:59, 24 April 2007 (EDT)
- The scoop on Catawba is - a lot of visitor info, marina's and such is on this peninsula with no towns, villages or inc. area that I can find other than the township. So I created Ottawa County (Ohio) with a region being Catawba Island Penninsula. Watcha think, is that ok? If not, we can delete it, but I do not know how. If I did I would delete catawba island penninsual page which is not spelled correctly. 2old.
- Just found that Wikipedia calls that peninsula the "Ottawa County peninsula" is this something you've ever heard of? Or is the Catawba Island Peninsula more common? I think we need just one region page to cover Port Clinton, Marblehead & Catawba. -- Fastestdogever 16:12, 24 April 2007 (EDT)
New one for me. Most refer to this as Catawba or Catawba Island. It has less waterfront than Marblehead Peninsula but 5 times as many business places, sleeping places, beaches and so on. It is much more diverse than Port Clinton. I will await your input before going any further. 2old
- The naming conventions we use follow the most common English name. I think Catawba Island (even though it's not really an island) is probably used more commonly than Catawba Island Peninsula. Here's my proposal of how it would be broken down:
- Don't worry about the other pages (Catawba Island Peninsula (Ohio) and Catawba Island Penninsula (Ohio) - we can redirect those to the Catawba Island page so if anyone does search for them they'll end up in the right place. Whatcha think? -- Fastestdogever 16:29, 24 April 2007 (EDT)
Or we could change it to something more generic, like Eastern Ottawa County instead of Ottawa County peninsula -- Fastestdogever 16:52, 24 April 2007 (EDT)
Sounds good to me. I looked at the page and it included Put-inBay. There are 7 islands in Ottawa County where Put-in-Bay is on South Bass (one of them). Should they be included also, like Put-in-Bay, or am I missing soemthing? Some of the differences in the area = Part of Catawba now has a sanitary sewer, where little of Marbelhead Peninsula does. This has resulted in a substantial building boom on Catawba since the mid-70's. There are a lot of newer marina's, golf courses, condo's, on Catawba and millions of dollars of private boats, supported by lodging and other services. It is the hot spot, so to say.
2old12:32, 25 April 2007 (EDT)
Catawba is an ISLAND linked to the mainland by an artficial causeway and wetlands. Pelee Island, at the north end of the Bass Islands is Canadian, the Bass Islands south of Pelee Island, and Catawba, are in Ohio. Check the maps for Ohio's county boundaries.
(I've been going to Lakeside, Ohio on the Marblehead Peninsula from Cleveland, Ohio since 1959.)
—The preceding comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs) .