I'm one of those few "Native Nashvillians" who stuck it out through all of the influxes of folks who want to be "Country Music Stars."
I grew up in Belleview, a suburb of N'ville (a decent area to buy a house if you're looking for resale value).
As far as restaurants go, I reccommend SUNSET GRILL if you wanna rub shoulders w/ the stars, or MAGNOLIA GRILL for excellent fine dining. Check out the LOVELESS CAFE for breakfast, but come early! Another option is THE PANCAKE PANTRY on 21st. For decent local entertainment, (not pop-country, real country and/or rock) try TOOTSIE'S ORCHID LOUNGE, WOLFY'S TAVERN OR ROBERT'S WESTERN WEAR for country and Bluegrass (all located on broadway) or THE SPRINGWATER or THE EXIT/IN for rock. There are plenty of places to hear music in Nashvegas, it's best to grab a NASHVILLE SCENE weekly paper and look for yourself. I can give you advice if you need,
just email [email protected] and use "NASHVILLE QUESTIONS" as the subject line.
Why is Grand Old Opry not mentioned and discussed in detail here? Or at least linked to if it's described on another page? It's on the United States page.--Justfred 23:25, 28 September 2006 (EDT)
- This has been fixed -Huckabmm 12:38, 8 August 2008 (EDT)
Are there any pictures wanted for this article? If so, please email me at [email protected] with "Nashville Pictures" for the subject. I live in Franklin, so it should be pretty easy for me to get some pictures. Just let me know.
--Travlin braden 23:04, 12 November 2006 (EST)
- Of course! Feel free to go ahead and upload any photographs you have to Wikitravel Shared, our central image depository. All images will have to be available in the public domain or licensed under the Creative Commons ShareAlike license (Full text of CC-by-SA 1.0). -- Sapphire 23:09, 12 November 2006 (EST)
- I uploaded a skyline picture and a picture of the capitol building. I'll probably get some more up this weekend, if there are pictures of a certain place you would like, let me know. Travlin braden 18:31, 13 November 2006 (EST)
I'm travelling to Nashville in January for a weekend with a friend and we're looking for any great tips on restaurants, bars, etc. I know there is a lot to offer to Nashville, so any personal ideas and thoughts would be great. Feel free to leave me wiki comments on my talk page or here :)
Missvain 12:43, 16 December 2006 (EST)
Do we really need to list all the local radio stations? Maj 11:52, 9 January 2007 (EST)
I don't know why Memphis is placed in the Get Out section, it's not that close by. And I think (but I'm not sure) that Get Out is for close by areas.
Travlin braden 17:06, 7 February 2007 (EST)
- I'll take a look, but the proper thing to do in those situations is to plunge forward and fix it. -- Jonboy 11:30, 8 February 2007 (EST)
- It is no longer there --Huckabmm 12:49, 8 August 2008 (EDT)
I believe that section, as well as quite a large bit of this article, has some fatal political bias in it. Now, I don't know about readership of this particular wiki, but I believe this should be edited to take out all bias. Kailyn Leto 14:30, 6 April 2007 (EDT)
- Agreed, I'll look into it --Huckabmm 12:49, 8 August 2008 (EDT)
I just wanted to point out a few things that are missing: The Schermerhorn Center is now home to the Nashville Symphony. Loveless and Monell's are must-visit restaurants.
- Added Monell's Huckabmm 23:13, 7 August 2008 (EDT)