The photos on this article look great, but dozens of photos is a little excessive. The article cannot even display properly anymore because there's so many pictures! Shall some be removed, or is there another option? JamesA >talk 05:46, 7 August 2012 (EDT)
- SUPPORT. Looks more like an advertisement catalog than a proper Wikitravel article. Near the end of the page, the writer is even grouping them together in rows, totally Picasa style, totally un-Wikitravel. It's getting UGLY. The writer is advised to contain the overeagerness to make even his granmother's kitchen sink featured inside this page. 126.96.36.199 07:31, 7 August 2012 (EDT)
- Um relax. Anyway, it would be best to add any good ones that are removed to other articles (likely candidates being region articles that contain this town). --Peter Talk 12:54, 7 August 2012 (EDT)
- There are way too many pictures in this article. Some of them should be removed but which ones? I'd start from those on the Get Out section. GiulioC (talk) 03:48, 28 November 2014 (EST)
- It is a bit of a conundrum, since many of them are both technically and aesthetically very good indeed. Iran also doesn't have very many good articles here on Wikitravel so Peter's suggestion is an excellent one - it would be a pity if they were just deleted (although I did notice one or two duplicate displays and one or two relatively mediocre images). --Ttcf (talk) 05:18, 28 November 2014 (EST)
- I think we should just pick a few nice ones to stay in the article and remove the rest. This reminds me, a few days ago I also deleted a lot of pictures from another article (Isfahan (province)), those were added by the same user who added the pictures to this article. Many did not display correctly so when I have a chance I will go through the deleted pictures there as well and see which should be kept. Adzas (talk) 06:53, 28 November 2014 (EST)
- We should proceed with great diplomacy and sensitivity. User:NAINTOURS has put in an amazing amount of work in starting and developing this article and the last thing we want is for them to think that we do not value their contributions. It's difficult enough finding contributors in this part of the world and I would not want to see them offended. Please encourage User:NAINTOURS to come here and give their point of view before any axes are wielded too cruelly. --Ttcf (talk) 19:41, 28 November 2014 (EST)
Thank you for your kind attention
I understand you know that i'm not much aware of the rules and how to edit an article according to Wikitravel standards.
so please help me to learn and let me to add some self -innovation to to articles. thank you in advance for your patience and morality. —The preceding comment was added by NAINTOURS (talk • contribs)
- So, any idea about which pictures should be removed? May I suggest those without a description first? GiulioC (talk) 05:07, 3 December 2014 (EST)
hi which photo do you mean? NAINTOURS (talk) 14:46, 6 December 2014 (EST)
- Support! There sure are some pictures that can be deleted. 1) those that do not display properly. 2) those that portray the same scene. Actually, I've just done so. --Binbin (talk) 21:15, 6 December 2014 (EST)
- Well done Binbin, now it looks better (still too many pictures in my opinion). GiulioC (talk) 05:09, 7 December 2014 (EST)
Best article name?
This article is currently called "Na’in" but I am forever changing alternative spellings when I copy edit this article.
I am completely ignorant of what name it should be called, but could you please suggest ONE name for it and then use that name consistently throughout?
Please be consistent in using "Na’in" OR discuss changing the title of this article. --singaporeAlice 17:25, 27 November 2012 (EST)
believe it or not, both of the names are using. in Lonely planet and some other guide books they use Na'in. but in the domestic guide book and road signs we use Naein.
i realized that many of the over lander travelers confuse most of the time of what the guidebook says and what they see here as Naein.
that's why i written in the first paragraph this to prevent the misunderstanding :
Na’in (also known as Naein and Naeen) lies 170km north of Yazd and 140km east of Isfahan
The same story happened to Esfahan for domestics and Isfahan guide books and vice versa
- I'm afraid you're missing the point (and still have not bothered to read or translate Wikitravel:Using discussion pages into words you understand, or you would have signed your response....)
- Alice is concerned about what this article's name should be. Whatever name we choose for places, we need to be consistent and not chop or change about with different spellings of the same place name within Wikitravel. Look, I know you edit at another wiki that shall be nameless, but you need to stop trying to get both articles to be the same. Our articles are called Na'in and Isfahan and of course we explain alternative spellings but we don't confuse our readers by chopping and changing in a random way. We explain the alternative spellings right at the start, and then we remain consistent. Isfahan is the city and Esfahan is the province that Isfahan City is located in.
- Now I don't really care what names you want to use. You just have to
- pick the names
- get those names approved by consensus
- change all the article titles throughout Wikitravel (over re-directs) if your proposed re-namings are approved
- change all the articles' text and internal links appropriately if your proposed re-namings are approved
- You also need to understand that you will never be able to have your own special version here on Wikitravel (except perhaps in your own user space, like I have). If people find new restaurants, don't like your spelling or language or image placement, then they'll just come along and change it. However, those changes must conform to our MoS, put the travellers perspective first and be fair. You'll learn...
- Goodnight! --Ttcf (talk) 02:44, 1 December 2014 (EST)
I correct misspelling of Na'in instead of "Naein".
i swear that i read it and i understood nothing... i beg you on bending knees and arms outstretched in prayer, please let the pictures in a way they are which is standard now and apply your correction again. to payback your favor, i can just say THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUU.