The image appears on the official destination website at http://www.pc.gc.ca/lhn-nhs/ab/caveandbasin/natcul/index_E.asp
- Do we have the right to reproduce it here?
- We don't usually use artwork to represent a destination. Is there any reason to make an exception here?
- Why can I not find the image in our system? I clicked on it to look for copyright info, etc. but it tells me the file doesn't exist, both here and on the shared version.
Texugo 00:21, 7 November 2008 (EST)
the train pic
there is nothing describing what were seeing the photo could someone give it a title? --Norvak 15:53, 23 December 2008 (EST)
Major Destination for Routebox?
Is there any support to have Banff treated as a major destination in the Trans-Canada routeboxes between Calgary and Kamloops? I think it should, the main reason being it is an important tourist destination -- it gets as many visitors as Calgary and Edmonton do. Shaund 00:02, 24 December 2008 (EST)
- The national park or the town? Texugo 00:59, 24 December 2008 (EST)
- Good question. I was referring to the town since that is where the routebox is right now. I haven't put one in the park since it gets a bit complicated -- both Banff (the town) and Lake Louise, are within Banff NP itself, and I haven't figured out a sequence that works from all directions (e.g., the route could be set up to go Banff NP --> Banff --> Lake Louise, which works from Calgary, but not from Vancouver). For now, EE and I have put the routeboxes in the towns and ignored the park. I guess we could also put one routebox in the park and leave Banff town and Lake Louise without routeboxes. Shaund 01:45, 24 December 2008 (EST)
- I was thinking about just this case when I made the policy page. I think the towns should have routeboxes definitely, and I think it's ok to make a routebox for the park page which is ignored by other pages and which only points to destinations outside the park. But as to whether Banff town should be considered a major destination, I don't really have an opinion. Texugo 02:04, 24 December 2008 (EST)
- That could do, thanks. I'll see what EE thinks about Banff as a major destination. Shaund 02:10, 24 December 2008 (EST)