Talasari is a beach town in Balasore district of Odisha (formerly Orissa).
It is around 8-9 km from Digha and 3 km from Chandnaeswar temple. A cycle rickshaw takes 30-35 minutes to travel from Digha to Talasari. Fare - Rs. 80-100. It is 88 km from Balasore.
Cars are available from OTDC hotel. a non ac Tata Sumo will cost you rs. 250 to Rs. 275 ( as on May/ June 2011). Its a just 15 mins drive from the New digha railway station
Cycle rickshaws are available.
Cars can be hired
- Fishing port has recently been developed. One can watch the fishing activity.
- There is a river by the beach. It gets submerged with high tide.
- Few red crabs can be seen on the beach
- The river gets dried up twice a day. Again it gets filled with water once there is high tide. Once you cross the river using ferry boats you will reach the beach. The beach is quiet and the sea is calm. One can easily take a bath in the sea.
- There are few shops along the fishing port where you can ask them to cook crabs/ chicken/ fish and they do it in the authentic Bengali/ Oriya style.
- Move around the beach.
- Listen to the breeze.
- Walk along the river.
- Take a boat ride.
- Visit the nearby Chandaneshwar Temple.
- Nothing special. This is a cashew nut growing area. Look for it.
One generally has to eat in the place of stay.
Half day trip from Digha, so better carry some packed food..... awesome food available at Digha
One can eat at the Panthaniwas of OTDC or ask the local shops to cook crabs/ fish/ chicken
Green coconut is the prescription but those who are looking for something hard better carry their own choice.
- Hotel Shree Inn, Talasari, Luxurious hotel with Amusement Park, Rooftop Swimming Pool, ☎ +91 97483 94555, For more Information & Booking click here
- Panthasala (Odisha Tourism Development Corporation),Talasari, PO Chandaneswar, Telephone +91 6781 232 528, Rooms Non AC-Rs. 800, AC-Rs.1400-2750 (on 2012-2013)
- Hotel Sagar Saikat, Talasari, Chandaneswar, Telephone +91 89618 37326, +91 92315 44915, Rooms 700 - 1500.
- Hotel Sita, Chandaneswar, Telephone 232 530
See Odisha Government site for list of hotels in Odisha.
Rates as on 2011 is Rs. 1150 for AC double bed room and Rs. 2400 for delux suites.
- Digha is about 8-9 km from Talasari.
- Tajpur is about 20 km from Talasari.
- Mandarmani is about 30 km from Talasari.
- Chandipur is about 90 km from Talasari.